18. Jan. 2014, 23:07 von fakehead
5. Apr. 2013, 16:57 von salty_cookiehttp://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/files/2009/10/bbl2.jpg
from Blood and Black Lace, Mario Bava, 1964
from The House That Screamed, Narciso Ibáñez Serrador, 1969
from Daughters of Darkness, Harry Kümel, 1971
from What Have You Done to Solange?, Massimo Dallamano, 1972
from The Perfume of the Lady in Black , Francesco Barilli, 1972
from Torso, Sergio Martino, 1973
from Lisa and the Devil, Mario Bava, 1974
1. Sep. 2012, 11:49 von emcxmcMy favourite female singers with age and birthday (listed chronologic), place of birth (if known), short description (from Wikipedia) and picture (only included for the deceased ones).
(born before 1940)
† Bessie Smith (born April 15, 1894, Chattanooga, Tennessee, U.S., died September 26, 1937), sometimes referred to as "The Empress of the Blues," was the most popular female blues singer of the 1920s and 1930s. She is often regarded as one of the greatest singers of her era and, along with Louis Armstrong, a major influence on subsequent jazz vocalists.
† Marlene Dietrich (27 December 1901 – 6 May 1992, Berlin, Germany) was a German-born American actress and singer.Although she still made occasional films in the post-war years, Dietrich spent most of the 1950s to the 1970s touring the world as a successful show performer. In 1999 the American Film Institute named Dietrich the ninth greatest female star of all time.
3. Feb. 2012, 11:15 von BahkasikaAh, 2012. New year and new albums to enjoy. And what's not to enjoy, when you can buy good music dirt cheap these days?
Most listened artist was Irina with her compilation album Yhdeksän hyvää ja kymmenen kaunista 2002-2010. I got the special edition of this album, featuring two CD's and a DVD. The first disc contains all her (or, rather the band's) singles, the second one loads of rarities (and a 35min set from Tavastia) and the DVD all the music videos. Pretty much a must have for any fan, or someone who is just getting into her music. 5/5
Other major albums this month:
- Velvet Chain - Warm (1997). A typical debut album, just a bit too random collection of songs, meaning it lacks a uniform style through the whole thing. 3/5.
- Tito & Tarantula - Back Into The Darkness (2008). Their latest LP, returns the band more to the sound of their first album. 3/5
- Charlotte Sometimes - Charlotte Sometimes (EP, 2008). Nothing new here, just nice to have it in my collection.
12. Dez. 2011, 22:31 von Bayou16
6. Dez. 2011, 2:30 von lookbackborePeter Himmelman: This Father's Day
Astrid Williamson: Pulse
Yes: Yesshows (2011 Friday Music)
Sleepytime Gorilla Museum: Of Natural History
Chet Atkins: Picks On The Beatles
John Williams: Schindler's List - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (MCA Ultimate Masterdisc Gold)
McGuinn, Hillman, Clark: 3 Byrds In London (BBC)
Herbie Hancock: Blow-Up - Original Soundtrack (w/The Yardbirds "Stroll On")
Rita Lee: Boss'n Beatles
Lou Reed: Lou Reed (1972 debut)
The Velvet Underground: The Velvet Underground & Nico (2001 JP)
Miles Davis: Miles Davis Quartet (Record Store Day 1954 10" reissue)
Rush: Sector 2 (5CD+DVD-A box)
Black Sabbath: Past Lives (2CD)
Devastations: Coal (Rowland S. Howard was a huge admirer of these guys but I wasn't all that impressed with the previous release I picked up....)
The Rolling Stones: Remastered (2002 promo SACD comp)
UFO: Lights Out In Tokyo (DVD-Audio)
Various artists: Totally '80s (2CD Razor&Tie)
22. Nov. 2011, 11:03 von SebastienStarsLast.FM Milestones41000th track: (17 May 2011)
Brian Eno - Slow Water
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/25529053.jpg42000th track: (02 Jun 2011)
Brian Eno - Failing Light
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/25529053.jpg43000th track: (23 Jun 2011)
Harold Budd - The Room of Oracles
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/71016830.png44000th track: (14 Jul 2011)
Harold Budd - The Room of Accidental Geometry
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/71016830.png45000th track: (03 Aug 2011)
Prince - Irresistable Bitch
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/46190147.png46000th track: (22 Aug 2011)
Dusty Springfield - Sunny
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/51875495.png47000th track: (17 Sep 2011)
Datblygu - Syrffedu
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/341607.jpg48000th track: (04 Oct 2011)
Brian Eno - Shell
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/25529053.jpg49000th track: (25 Oct 2011)
Nina Simone - Either Way I Lose
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/304057.jpg50000th track: (22 Nov 2011)
23. Jul. 2011, 11:17 von l3xforeverAnother eight months later, I'm have time again to share my new music findings!
WARNING! Quite a long post with lots of cover art!
Actual New Music!
8-bit trip - ★★★★☆ - iTunes Store
One-track single, but so worth it.
サイン - ★★★☆☆ - iTunes Store
Pretty meh album, but it's one of her earliest, so…
STARGATE - ★★★★☆ - iTunes Store
Another solid pop album.
EARTH - ★★★★☆ - iTunes Store
Quite a pleasant surprise that album was. Light and bright.
Shibayan and KALMARIA
しゅがー☆ぱーてぃくる - ★★★★☆ - iTunes Store
Another sunny light album, featuring 初音ミク
26. Jun. 2011, 7:42 von fableofdreamOkay so I got this huge book which contains the 1001 albums I should listen to before I die of cancer because I drank too much diet coke according to 90 music critics. Despite some of its ridiculous picks (American Idiot by Green Day is in it... lol) and the fact that some artists' discography are almost completely in it, I still like the idea. Obviously I don't know much about the music from the 50s to the 80s, so I think it's a great way to get some education concerning these. For example, I've began getting into soul music lately and this book contains a few great soul singers. I already started listening to a few of the albums and I plan on listening to all of them at least once (or at least to a few songs on each if I can't listen to it completely). I think it'll take around a year to do so... This article is just to help me remember the albums I liked and those I didn't. I hope it'll give ideas to some people as to new records they might want to listen to, or avoid completely.
4. Jun. 2011, 9:31 von ChooseMyMusicVoting is now open for which track gets the third spot on our social mixtape where the public get to decide the tracklist.
See our favourite track 3s and vote for your choice at www.choosemymusic.org
Dusty SpringfieldPulpModest MouseDifferent Classim mephisGood News For People Who Love Bad NewsSon of a Preacher ManFloat OnCommon People