15. Okt. 2011, 0:00 von jukkakhanWhenever I get that dreadful feeling that my life is going nowhere, the first thing I turn to is Octavarium. Although it it does nothing to remedy the situation at hand, it gives me that tiny bit of reassurance that I'm not the only one who has felt trapped, and that as long as I continue to press on, I will find my way out. More importantly, it gives me some much needed time to distance myself from my thoughts and give them time to settle. Over the course of its 20+ minutes, the song progresses though five sections, each of them with their own distinct sound and feel, almost as if they were plucked from entirely different songs. But when taken as a whole, they bonds between them begin to strengthen and come together as the different parts of a long journey. As you progress through the different terrains, there are different messages to learn from the words around you. All of them valuable in their own right, but ultimately they share a common theme that builds the message of the entire album: the Full Circle. …
15. Jul. 2011, 14:16 von saajDream Theater at Crocus City Hall, July 12, 2011
The time I’ve seen Dream Theater’s Moscow gig again, was about sustainable uncertainty of the first impression about Black Clouds & Silver Linings. It took me about two weeks to recheck the record and realize it’s as great most of recent releases. It may be ambiguous, but the instrumental mixes from 3rd CD helped me understand this record a lot. So continuously switching from instrumental to vocal mixes made feel I’m in.
Since Dream Theater has been established long before the progressive metal, which I’m big admirer of, they have lots of old-sounding records. So for me Dream Theater acceptance threshold concurs with addition of Jordan Rudess with some exceptions when LaBrie doesn’t squeal like antique power metal star and songs don’t sound like classic rock or progressive rock. Fortunately, the other genre influences are established in vocal verse/chorus parts and the breaks, buildups and other times when James hangs back stage…
3. Mär. 2011, 15:38 von BehnamSs1-Another Day
Fuckin Love It !
In the end i only see the change light to dark, dark to light, light to dark. dark to light !
3-Wait for Sleep
when this is being played, i quietly lay and wait for sleep !
4-Space Dye Vest
And I'll smile and I'll learn to pretend Moore was gay.
5-A Change of Seasons
I remember a time, my frail virgin mind used to hate this song !
i hate Falling Into Infinity, but this song is good, specially if john plays the awesome solo at the beginning .......
7-Beyond This Life
head line, murder, young fan killed !
8- The Dance of Eternity
i have nothing to sat about this !
9-The Spirit Carries On
ANY DT fan MUST LOVE THIS SONG ! love it or i will cut you....
10-Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
I'll probably be dead before they play this ....
11-As I Am
12- This Dying Soul
*suddenly sees a light
13- Honor Thy Father
We're taught unconditional love
16. Nov. 2009, 2:00 von RealAir2112Take nine bands that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
- The first one plays 5 songs.
- The second one plays 5 songs.
- The third one plays 5 songs.
- The fourth one plays 7 songs.
- The fifth one plays 7 songs.
- The sixth one plays 10 songs.
- The seventh one plays 10 songs.
- The eighth one plays 12 songs.
- The ninth one plays 16 songs, with a 3 song encore.
Okay, this would clearly be some kind of all day show...and possibly the biggest collection of sheer win in one place, ever.
1. Dream Theater
The Root of All Evil
Pull Me Under
The Count of Tuscany
2. Sunn O)))
Big Church [megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért]
Hunting & Gathering (Cydonia)
3. Steven Wilson
Veneno Para Las Hadas
Future Breed Machine
Straws Pulled At Random
New Millenium Cyanide Christ
Dancers to a Discordant System
14. Apr. 2009, 17:17 von JeffAlmost two years since the last reset. Just lost all my music in a lamentable hard drive problem, so it is time to reset.
2. Hans Zimmer
3. Fates Warning
1. Younger Brother - Psychic Gibbon
2. ELISA - euphoric field (feat. 天門)
3. Ceui - mellow melody
4. Anathema - Violence
5. Taxigirl - High Glow
Oh and here are the rest of my reset charts since I got last.fm.
2. LAST ALLIANCE
4. Hans Zimmer
7. Front Line Assembly
8. The Future Sound of London
9. Cliff Martinez
10. Fates Warning
1. LAST ALLIANCE - 赤い花
2. Aqua Timez - 夢風船
3. Tiamat - A Deeper Kind of Slumber
4. Katatonia - Unfurl
5. Clint Mansell - Together We Will Live Forever
1. Fates Warning
3. Dream Theater
5. Dark Tranquillity
7. Blind Guardian
9. Chroma Key
11. Jan. 2009, 7:09 von hystericromanceRecommended Songs (sorted by most recommended artists)
Nightfall : Blind Guardian (Score = 329.88)
Fly : Blind Guardian (Score = 150.51)
Mirror Mirror : Blind Guardian (Score = 107.97)
The Soulforged : Blind Guardian (Score = 44.2)
Into the Storm : Blind Guardian (Score = 30.37)
King of Fools : Edguy (Score = 227.39)
Superheroes : Edguy (Score = 195.82)
Mysteria : Edguy (Score = 55.76)
Sacrifice : Edguy (Score = 49.75)
Forever : Edguy (Score = 44.49)
Fallen Angels : Edguy (Score = 28.01)
Black Diamond : Stratovarius (Score = 295.59)
Eagleheart : Stratovarius (Score = 232.72)
Hunting High and Low : Stratovarius (Score = 68.25)
Spread Your Fire : Angra (Score = 109.81)
Waiting Silence : Angra (Score = 81.5)
Angels and Demons : Angra (Score = 52.69)
The voice commanding You : Angra (Score = 52.25)
The course of Nature : Angra (Score = 50.65)
No Pain for the Dead : Angra (Score = 49.19)
9. Nov. 2008, 0:33 von milanelloBest 20 Dream Theater songs:
1. A Change of Seasons
2. Metropolis Part I: The Miracle And The Sleeper
3. Learning to Live
6. The Spirit Carries On
7. Hell's Kitchen
8. Finally Free
9. In The Presence Of Enemies Pt. 1 & 2
11. The Mirror
12. In The Name Of God
13. Trial of Tears
14. These Walls
15. Blind Faith
16. The Great Debate
17. Stream Of Consciousness
18. Space-Dye Vest
19. Take the Time
I just made this list cause I had some time to kill and I’ve been willing to do something like this for a long time. So it basically covers all the albums from the beginning until Systematic Chaos. I tried to make the list in order but I can’t really say I managed to do so. So let’s just say I love all these 20 songs equally :P
All these songs are my personal choices so feel free to add your list as well :)
6. Apr. 2008, 21:08 von CronosmuWhen I first read the reviews I was expecting a bad album (or at least something like Systematic Chaos which many hate, and by the way, I like it). Now that I've listened to Octavarium very carefully and a lot of times, I can say this is not a bad CD, in fact is, for me, one of their best works. And why do I say that? First of all, we should assume the fact that there won't be another “Images and Words” anymore, and that's perfect because that shows the evolution of the band. Dream Theater could be mediocre and make a lot of albums like “Awake” or “Images and Words”, suffering from that Iron Maiden complex (always the same sound). So, what's the bad thing in innovating? This album still sounds like Dream Theater, but with more complex and refreshing sound.
“The Root of All Evil” is actually a masterpiece by its own merits. It's powerful, heavy, and, in my opinion, has the most memorable riff of the entire album. LaBrie's voice in here is simply amazing, and that's why I do not understand why so many people hate his voice. …
15. Okt. 2007, 4:51 von restless_coder
27. Aug. 2007, 2:23 von TehUberBored.
Post the top ten bands/artists on your profile, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite
First song: Pray
Made you fall in love: White Light Dream
Current Favorite: losing everything
2. Alice in Chains
First song: Hard to tell, I think it was Man in the Box
Made you fall in love: Them Bones
Current Favorite: Nutshell
3. Aya Kamiki
First song: Pierrot
Made you fall in love:A constellation
Current favrorite: A constellation
4. Index Case
First song: Deserver
Made you fall in love: Deserver
Current favorite: Fetish
First Song: Slo Motion
Made you fall in love: Sunny Day Believer
Current favorite: California
6. DIR EN GREY
First track: OBSCURE
Made you fall in love: The FINAL
Current favorite: Namamekashiki Ansoku, Tamerai Ni Hohoemi
First track: Over the Wall
Made you fall in love: True Believer
Current favorite: Trail Of Tears
8. Dream Theater
First track: These Walls