6. Dez. 2014, 10:40 von Dunnemin
7. Jan. 2014, 11:16 von irk12Abe Vigoda - Skeleton
Air France - No Way Down
Atlas Sound - Let the Blind Lead Those Who Can See but Cannot Feel
Beach House - Devotion
Blue Sky Black Death - Late Night Cinema
Broken Social Scene Presents: Brendan Canning - Something For All Of Us...
Calexico - Carried To Dust
Coldplay - Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends
12. Jun. 2013, 19:20 von mindbatteryhttp://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqc2z5HOIe1qdp8pko1_500.gif
Calvin and Hobbes, Feb 18th 1986
Because this would look cleaner on last.fm than anywhere else (partly inspired by how nice Stugard's collection looks on this site). Ordered alphabetically by artist name, then by release name.
The Act of Estimating as Worthless - Among These Splintered Minds//Leaden Thoughts Sing Softly (cassette)
Allo Darlin' - We Come from the Same Place (CD)
Alvin Band - Lady Portrait (CD)
Alvin Band - Mantis Preying (CD)
Alvin Band - Rainbow Road (CD)
Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man (vinyl)
The Avalanches - Since I Left You (CD)
Beach House - Teen Dream (CD)
Beat Happening - Beat Happening (CD, japanese)
Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister (CD)
Bluelily - Rainfall Sky / Live in Sound (mini CD)
Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest (CD)
Bonjour Machines - Level Up! (cassette, green version)
Bonjour Machines - Bonjour Machines EP (mini-CD)
28. Mai. 2012, 16:54 von knusperquark
27. Sep. 2011, 17:09 von roxamarialisten
1. Kundalini – 23 Skidoo
2. Harry Nilsson – Put The Lime In The Coconut
3. Tomutonttu – Lautta Lähtee
4. Bitchin Bajas – Water 4
5. Errors – Bridge or Cloud?
6. Department of Eagles – Noam Chomsky Spring Break 2002
7. Glass Ghost – Mechanical Life (feat. Luke Temple)
8. Serge Gainsbourg – Initials B.B.
9. Laurie Anderson – O Superman
10. Remember Remember – Hey Zeus
11. Planningtorock – Local Foreigner
12. Phil Manzanera – Bogota
13. Flat Earth Society – Kotopoulopology
14. Relaxed Muscle – Rod of Iron
15. Princess Chelsea – The Cigarette Duo
1. Apr. 2011, 18:09 von aabowmanThis list is simply my top 20 scrobbled albums which were released in 2008. It is not directly a top 20 list of my favorite albums from 2008, but does represent my collective casting-of-votes via scrobbling.
20. The Black Ghosts - The Black Ghosts
19. Miniature Tigers - Tell It To The Volcano
18. Dr. Dog - Fate
17. Fleet Foxes - Sun Giant
16. of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping
15. Ghostland Observatory - Robotique Majestique
14. Janelle Monae - Metropolis The Chase Suite
20. Jan. 2011, 5:06 von utopiantheoristFor those of you obsessed with Grizzly Bear, here’s a good way to get your fix. Mixed with the fully formed songs are equally (and sometimes more) enjoyable sketches. The sketches give some view into the workings of the larger songs. You hear vocals and pianos with varying degrees of fidelity. Serving as both interludes and glue, they help give some structure to the short (30 minute) long album.
Daniel Rossen’s voice first emerges in the great introduction song “Deadly Disclosure”. It sounds so good it might as well be a Grizzly Bear song. Multiple sections come together to create a beautiful picture.
My personal favorite is “Brightest Minds”. Oh, if everything on the album sounded this good, this would’ve easily been my favorite of the year. A nervous energy (in my opinion, the best, most productive kind) permeates your mind. Pop music could learn a lot from this, the smart lyrics, and the peppy tempo.
Either way, if you’re starved for more Grizzly Bear and the albums he produced for others isn’t enough…
16. Jan. 2011, 3:57 von kcwyckoffSo this year I decided to get even more self-indulgent and make a list of my fifty favorite albums from 2010. Here they are...
#50 Nest - Retold (Norway)
Highlights: Kyoto, Marefjellet
My favorite ambient album of the year. Lots of ominous but incredibly beautiful strings and piano. Great to study to. I don’ know a thing about the band.
#49 Holy Fuck - Latin (Toronto)
Highlights: Red Lights, Stay Lit
My favorite all analog electronic band returns better than ever. Driving acoustic drums and lots of cool old-school synths.
#48 Black Mountain – Wilderness Heart (Vancouver)
Highlights: The Hair Song, Old Fangs
The psych-rockers add a little light to their dark sound. The male/female vocals play off each other perfectly on The Hair Song. Not to mention its got one of the best album covers I’ve seen.
28. Dez. 2010, 23:06 von deathgibbonThe Top 25 Albums of 2010:
25 | Girls | Broken Dreams Club EP
24 | Gold Panda | Lucky Shiner
23 | Caribou | Swim
22 | Liars | Sisterworld
21 | The Roots | How I Got Over
20 | Broken Social Scene | Forgiveness Rock Record
19 | How to Dress Well | Love Remains
18 | Oneohtrix Point Never | Returnal
17 | Class Actress | Journal of Ardency EP
16 | Abe Vigoda | Crush
15 | Sleigh Bells | Treats
14 | James Blake | Klavierwerke EP
13 | Spoon | Transference
12 | Actress | Splazsh
11 | Best Coast | Crazy For You
10 | Los Campesinos! | Romance Is Boring
09 | Deerhunter | Halcyon Digest
08 | Florrie | Introduction EP
07 | Big Boi | Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
06 | The Walkmen | Lisbon
05 | Owen Pallett | Heartland
04 | Perfume Genius | Learning
03 | Menomena | Mines
02 | LCD Soundsystem | This Is Happening
01 | Kanye West | My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
25 honourable mentions:
Active Child | Curtis Lane EP
Avi Buffalo | Avi Buffalo
Balam Acab | See Birds EP
Blondes | Touched EP
26. Dez. 2010, 3:22 von bowen77Despite a slew of mediocre releases from a number of indie favorites - the year's worst-of list includes albums by such heavy-hitters as Interpol, M.I.A., The National, Blonde Redhead, and Spoon - 2010 was a terrific year all around. Though not widely reflected in this best-of, it will probably be remembered for female noise pop (Warpaint, Frankie Rose and the Outs, Grass Widow, Dum Dum Girls, Best Coast, etc.) and for a number of Animal Collective/Grizzly Bear/Vampire Weekend-inspired albums. Much of the stuff here will be found in other lists, though as in previous years some of the records that have been deemed "classics" by the critics I've found less than excellent (Deerhunter, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, and Janelle Monae among them). Perhaps I should be chided for not having awarded offerings by indie darlings Sufjan Stevens and Joanna Newsom higher marks (to me, their records border on the self-indulgent); perhaps I should be reprimanded for not having even listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. …