27. Nov. 2013, 13:23 von ms0880
17. Jul. 2013, 7:58 von MachiventaIn no particular order:
The Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed
The Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord
The Moody Blues - On The Threshold Of A Dream
The Moody Blues - To Our Children's Children's Children
The Moody Blues - A Question Of Balance
Barclay James Harvest - Barclay James Harvest
Barclay James Harvest - Early Morning Onwards
Barclay James Harvest - And Other Short Stories
Barclay James Harvest - Everyone Is Everybody Else
Barclay James Harvest - Live Tapes
The Byrds - Younger Than Yesterday
The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn!
The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
The Byrds - Fifth Dimension
The Byrds - The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
David Gilmour - David Gilmour
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground
18. Feb. 2013, 16:24 von tlukes123Starting a journal to document my live album listening I've decided to devote to Mondays.
Week 1 February 4
1. Dave Matthews - Live in Chicago 12.19.98
2. Rush - Show of Hands
3. Van Halen - Right Here, Right Now
4. Eagles - Hell Freezes Over
5. Iron Maiden - A Real Live One
Comments: Dave Matthews is not one I listen to a whole lot but this live collection is very good.
Week 2 February 11
1. Tift Merritt - Buckingham Solo
2. Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live
3. Lucinda Williams - Live @ The Fillmore
4. Kathleen Edwards - Live Sessions EP
5. The Civil Wars - iTunes Live: SXSW
6. Heart - The Road Home
Comments: This was Americana day, meant to throw on the Dixie Chicks but ran out of time. Heart is technically not Americana but it's an all acoustic album and what the heck, it's my playlist!
Week 3 February 18, 2013
1. The Decemberists - Live at Bullmoose
2. Journey - CAPTURED
3. The Pretenders - Live In London
4. Pat Benatar - Live From Earth
5. Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
14. Okt. 2012, 16:45 von DenSvyrydenkovAxel Rudi Pell - Into The Storm - 17.01.2014
Freedom Call - Beyond - 24.02.2014
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus, Symphonia Ignis Divinus - July 2014
Edguy - May 2014
Falconer - June 2014 - Black Moon Rising
Sonata Arctica - Spring 2014
Hammerfall - August 2014
Yes - TBA
Blind Guardian - TBA
Unisonic - TBA
Europe - TBA
AC/DC - TBA
Judas Priest - TBA
David Gilmour - TBA
Uriah Heep - Spring 2014
6. Okt. 2012, 7:41 von ProgShine
21. Aug. 2012, 23:30 von Samhain138Yeah, again.
1. How did you get into 29? (MGMT)
Heard Time to Pretend on the radio once and hated it. A few months later a few of my friends began talking about them and I decided to give them another chance. Lucky me.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Grateful Dead)
Grew up listening to them, 'cause my dad's a deadhead, but the first song I can remember listening to is The Wheel.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? (Black Sabbath)
The beginning of Black Sabbath.
4. What is your favorite album by 49? (George Harrsion)
All Things Must Pass.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Johnny Cash)
I'm embarressed, but I only own the first four American recordings + At Folsom Prison.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? (The Presidents of the United States of America)
Naked and Famous!
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? (K.I.Z.)
8. What is your favorite album by 15? (AC/DC)
Highway to Hell.
1. Jul. 2012, 15:12 von WildebrandNOTE: Work in progress
Neck And Neck
Chet Atkins & Mark Knopfler
Working with Dire Straits guitarist Mark Knopfler had a rejuvinating influence on Chet Atkins. Knopfler has Atkins moving toward his country roots, but both guitarists still play with a tasteful, jazzy sensibility—however, Atkins has abandoned the overt jazz fusion pretensions that sank most of his '80s records. With its direct, understated approach, Neck and Neck is the most focused and arguably the most rewarding record Atkins has released.
In A Silent Way
Listening to Miles Davis' originally released version of In a Silent Way in light of the complete sessions released by Sony in 2001 (Columbia Legacy 65362) reveals just how strategic and dramatic a studio construction it was. …
27. Jun. 2012, 19:38 von xlavoc- Acid Drinkers x 5 or more - 2010.10.24 Ucho Club Gdynia | 2009.07.25 Lotnisko Szymany | 2007.07.07 Szczytno | 2006.08.12 Szczytno | 2006.05.20 Stocznia Gdanska
- Agressiva 69 - 2006.07.15 Wegorzewo | 2006.04.22 PKKS Suchanino Club
- Amorphis - 2006.08.13 Szczytno
- Anathema x 2 - 2000.02.20 Kwadratowa Club Gdansk
- Anneke van Giersbergen & Danny Cavanagh - 2013.01.26 Ucho Club Gdynia
- Anorexia Nervosa - 2005.09.14 Parlament Club Gdansk
- Anthrax - 2010.06.16 Lotnisko Bemowo, Warszawa
- Apocalyptica - 1999.06.01 Stadion Gwardii, Warszawa
- Arakain x 2 - 2008.06.28 Szczytno | 2007.07.08 Szczytno
- Artrosis - 2000.02.20 Kwadratowa Club Gdansk
- Azarath - 2009.10.04 Parlament Club Gdansk
- Behemoth x 6 - 2013.11.22 B90 Club Gdansk | 2010.06.16 Lotnisko Bemowo, Warszawa | 2009.10.04 Parlament Club Gdansk | 2007.09.13 Ucho Club Gdynia | 2007.07.08 Szczytno | 2006.05.22 Ucho Club Gdynia
- Black River - 2009.10.04 Parlement Club Gdansk
5. Mai. 2012, 20:04 von BortinQuente
- The Beatles - Rubber Soul -
- The Beatles - Abbey Road -
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory -
- Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon -
- Pink Floyd - Animals -
- Fleetwood Mac - Rumours -
- The Beatles - At The Hollywood Bowl -
- Electric Light Orchestra - Out Of The Blue -
- Queen - News Of The World -
- David Gilmour - David Gilmour -
- Michael Jackson - Off the Wall -
- Renaud - Marche à l'ombre -
- The Cure - Seventeen Seconds -
- The Alan Parsons Project - The Turn Of A Friendly Card -
16. Mär. 2012, 1:03 von CaymanscubamanA whole new kind of Rock Radio!
There is a ton of amazing rock music getting made in the world and the fans need a station that plays it. But not just music on a computer, real radio: a studio, a guy, a mic and some creativity. Just like the first FM radio stations, Rockfile Radio stations are handcrafted for a compelling listening experience you cannot get with a simple playlist on shuffle. Arguably eclectic rock music driven by professionally produced radio programming...an almost lost art in the modern era of big media corporations.
The first station of this new project is a rock station with a progressive twist. Our aim is not to be the best prog station, but the best rock station that plays prog-ish music that is overlooked by traditional radio outlets yet has an incredibly strong following. Some of the artists may be unfamiliar to most but each has logged hundreds of thousands…