27. Feb. 2012, 21:53 von Candyheart33
31. Dez. 2009, 15:03 von itravelSo the 00's wasn't generally a great decade for music. Yes, the music industry complains about the lack of CD sales, but honestly, that is due to the fugacious nature of music the past several years. The most popular tracks have more often than not, been about the immediate sales of singles. With iTunes coming to fruition in this decade, it saw the rise of those with little pocket money (and sometimes little music taste either) deciding what the 'top tracks' are. However, with the internet becoming a big source for more independent new music, this saw the rise of several great bands. Call this the 2000's, or the Naught'ies, or whatever you will, but hidden amongst most of the rubbish out there were some brilliant music groups that came into existence, and established themselves well in the past 10 years. Some of the following bands had EP's out previously, but this list is from album releases beginning in 2000. You may agree, or disagree, though more often than not I tend to disagree with most countdowns. …
2. Dez. 2009, 3:51 von pessimysticawow... so, it's that time of year... er, decade again. This is the 1st in a series of playlists in which i've kept track of 100+ albums from this decade, picked 1 song from each album (usually 1 of my favorite tracks), & categorized them into different playlists (5 at the moment). This alternative batch is from albums during 2000-2003
* - seen live
Top 2000's Decade Albums, Part 1 - alternative rock 1 2000-2003
1 Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You *
2 The Cure - Out of this World *
3 Doves - The Cedar Room
4 PJ Harvey - This Is Love
5 Placebo - Slave to the Wage
6 Radiohead - National Anthem *
7 Supergrass - Moving
8 Ash - Burn Baby Burn *
9 Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Spread Your Love *
10 Coldplay - Sparks
11 Echo & the Bunnymen - Supermellow Man *
12 Garbage - Silence is Golden *
13 Gorillaz - Sound Check
14 The Shins - One by One All Day *
15 Clinic - The Equaliser
16 Girls Against Boys - Basstation
17 Interpol - Untitled *
11. Jan. 2009, 9:02 von suikodeeFor everyone out there suffering from a broken heart, let the collective knowledge of these artists and their lyrics soothe you (or not), maybe this list will help more than just my good friend. Because good songs express the most universal of emotions.
ABBA - SOS
Aerosmith - Cryin'
Alicia Keys - If I Ain't Got You
Badfinger - Without You
The Beatles - Oh! Darling
Bee Gees - How Can You Mend A Broken Heart
Bon Jovi - You Give Love a Bad Name
The Bravery - Split Me Wide Open
The Caesars - My Heart Is Breaking Down
Cat Stevens - The First Cut Is The Deepest
Coldplay - Warning Sign
Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Elvis - Heartbreak Hotel
Garbage - Cup of Coffee
The Guess Who - These Eyes
Guns N' Roses - Since I Don't Have You
Haddaway - What Is Love?
Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over
The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
Lit - Miserable
The Magnetic Fields - Epitaph for My Heart
31. Dez. 2008, 9:33 von xservinspired by ima-saraba
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
Sportfreunde Stiller - Hurra wir Fliegen
Coldplay - Sparks
First Day At School:
Genesis - Who said I would
Placebo - I'll Be Yours
Falling In Love:
Fleetwood Mac - Silver Springs
haha, terribly matching
Die Fantastischen Vier - Yeah Yeah Yeah
Queen - Invisible Man
Jamie T - Salvador
James Blunt - Tears & Rain
Placebo - Ask for Answers
better than medicine
Placebo - This Picture
Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling into Place
Getting Back Together:
Genesis - Lose my number
1++, it fits
Rosenstolz - Verändert
gosh, it's in my library and it could be something for a wedding. NOT FOR MINE
18. Dez. 2008, 6:10 von suikodeeI've always been a big fan of Coldplay, mostly A Rush of Blood to the Head album. Overall the album has this depressing, heart yearning feeling to it. The music video for The Scientist pretty much sums up the feeling of loss (really depressing ending), and no one can eloquently sing about loss than Coldplay with their simple melodies and easy to play piano chords - which got me back into Coldplay after printing out sheet music at work (oh no!). In fact I believe they have more songs about loss than love. For example....
Trouble (fantastic piano part!)
"I never meant to cause you trouble
I never meant to do you wrong
And ah, well if I ever caused you trouble
Oh, no I never meant to do you harm"
The Scientist (just four chords, although plodding but great to play)
"Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be so hard
Oh, take me back to the start"
Warning Sign (moving!)
22. Sep. 2008, 21:18 von spencerriner50 questions about my top 50
1.How did you get into no.29?
Envy on the Coast
I saw them live with The Almost and they really impressed me.
2. What's the first song you ever heard by no.22?
The Great Decay, i think. on the emo game actually, ha ha
3. Whats your favorite lyric by no.33?
Death Cab for Cutie
"the glove compartment isn't accurately named
and everybody knows it"
4. How did you get into no.49?
Third Eye Blind
heard them on the radio, in like 4th grade-ish, a friend had the cd and let me borrow. napster was also raging, so i downloaded a lot of the first album. kept going from there.
5. How many albums by no.13 do you own?
well, define own...
it could either be zero or 3.
6. What is your favorite song by no.50?
The Early November
Rest Of My Life, or maybe Baby Blue.
7. Is there a song by no.39 that makes you sad?
Blue Light, Like Eating Glass. In their own ways.
21. Jun. 2008, 23:20 von satrioska1. How did you get into 29? (KT Tunstall)
Her song Other Side of the World was famous at the moment. I got her other stuff and liked it a lot.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? (Keane)
Somewhere Only We Know, I think. I can't be sure - I know I saw a concert of theirs on TV first.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own? (Jason Mraz)
I've got Waiting for My Rocket to Come and Mr. A-Z. Illegally, of course. :)
4. What is your favorite song by 15? (Thomas Dybdahl)
Must be From Grace.
5. What is your favorite song by 5? (The Hush Sound)
Right now I think it's Medicine Man.
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? (Feist)
I think that when I first realized what The Mast was telling me I fell in love with it, and it's the prettiest song ever.
7. What is your favorite song by 10? (Marit Larsen)
It's a tie between In Came the Light and To an End.
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30? (Travis)
14. Jun. 2008, 11:12 von rup_snoggerrequested by www.last.fm/user/acm1899 AGAIN :)
1.There's a flame that leads our souls astray
No one's safe from it's tender touch of pain
"HIM - Soul on Fire"
2.Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Come to guess you've 'em wiggin' on two sides
You'd never guessed you'd be winnin' on both tries
3.Тя отвори стар албум
и отново го видя
4.You don't know what's in our hearts
This is our time, we've made our mark
5.We're both looking for something
That we've been afraid to find
"Lifehouse - First Time"
6.Turning into something
Drifting off to old ways
"Feeder - Come Back Around"
7.Waits for the day, I will let it out.
Give it a reason, to give it its might.
8.Well don't you know I need a little indulgence?
Listen to the hunter becoming hunted
9.I guess this time you're really leaving
I heard your suitcase say goodbye
"Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You"
10.Ray of light annoying as a cold breath in the eyes
Water falls down
16. Mai. 2008, 20:29 von k8lyn4121I went through my iTunes & picked out my favorite love songs. These are "happy" love songs, not sad love songs.
I Wanna Grow Old With You
You Picked Me
In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
In My Life
What I'm Trying To Say
Oh, It Is Love
A Dream for Us
West Of Her Spine
The Engine Driver
At My Most Beautiful
True Love Waits
Falling Asleep with You
the rhythm of your breathing