28. Okt. 2013, 18:56 von eucaine
30. Apr. 2012, 22:26 von PorridgeGunQuadrophenia
by The Who
by Coaltar of the Deepers
Heroes To Zeros
by The Beta Band
Sky Drips Drifts
by White Rainbow
by White Rainbow
The Driver / Tipoff
by Xander Harris / Dylan Ettinger
Bird Wood Cage
by The Wolfgang Press
Beauty and the Beat
by The Go-Go's
If Two Worlds Kiss
by Pink Turns Blue
by The Moon and the Nightspirit
1. Nov. 2008, 5:09 von mikem123
19. Sep. 2007, 14:43 von undrentide72If there's one band that is perfect for Autumn it has to be Cocteau Twins.
The leaves are turning brown and falling from the trees and theres a distinct nip in the air in the evenings. In the mornings delicate lacey patterns of frost turn the fields silver. Occasionally you get a sunny day where the air smells fresh and reminds you of the summer just gone and your eyes take to to the skies to watch the birds flying in perfect synchronicity leaving before winter manages to take a grip.
The soundtrack to all this for me is Elizabeth Fraser, Robin Guthrie and Simon Raymonde coming together and making perhaps the most unique and genre inspiring music of modern times.
Top Ten Autumnal moments in no particular order:-
1. The Thinner the Air - From the album Victorialand.
2. Sigh's Smell of Farewell - From the Bside of the Pearly Dewdrops Drop Ep
3. Evangeline - From the album Four Calendar Cafe
4. Eggs and Their Shells - From the album Lullabies To Violaine
5.Pandora - From the album Treasure
29. Jul. 2007, 16:04 von KaitjuIt's been a while since my last entry and I won't bother to catch up with everything I've bought since then because I'm a lazy poofter.
No need to tell that the new albums from both Interpol and Editors have been the most interesting events in my collection lately. Of course I had to buy the first singles from both of 'em. Surprisingly the European maxi-single of Editors' Smokers Outside the Hospital Doors won the race with whopping 3 b-sides instead of 3 seperate singles as was the case in the UK. Nothing wrong with a big record collection but my ass is poor.
One day my evil twin caught me baffled and hit me with Spank Rock's Rick Rubin and an instrumental release of YoYoYoYoYo. Phat shit, he's starting to learn!
The other day I spotted a discount section at the corner of my usual record store. I went home with a Face the Truth in my bag. Preach!
Gotta luv 'em Cocteau Twins. I've acquired Garlands and Lullabies To Violaine vol. …
7. Apr. 2006, 20:13 von SamTheButcherFound this in explique's journal.
Name your top 10 artists played on last.fm (I'm using overall, not weekly):
3. The Cure
4. The Smiths
5. Cocteau Twins
6. The Replacements
7. Billy Bragg
8. The Get Up Kids
10. This Mortal Coil
Now answer the questions according to the numbers:
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Probably Fuck School or God Damn Job. My friend in 8th grade had the Stink EP from them. His older brother Dan liked all sorts of cool music.
What is your favourite album of 2?
What is your favourite lyric that 4 has sung?
Oh, man....That's gonna be TOUGH. Um...I have to pick two:
"And if a double decker bus/crashes into us/to die by your side/is such a heavenly way to die" - There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
"You can pin and mount me like a butterfly" - Reel Around the Fountain
How many times have you seen 5 live?
What is your favorite song by 7?
Probably Greetings to the New Brunette