13. Feb. 2011, 17:18 von dark_tower
18. Jun. 2010, 8:21 von solipsisticasthttp://solipsisticnation.com/images/photo-meshuga-M.jpg
I really enjoy having lots of guests on solipsistic NATION. It's a lot of fun to play on track from each artist and then have them comment on their music or what their process is in making music. There's something to be said about appreciating a song on its own merits but I also think it might make us appreciate a song a bit more when you hear the musician talk about their craft.
But I have to tell you, these shows are a lot of work.
Getting today's show is the result of contacting everyone by phone or email and asking if an interview can be arranged. And then there are the follow up emails and phone calls. Not too mention coming up with a list of questions for the interviews, let alone doing the actual interview and then editing those interviews. Like I said, it's a lot of work.
And that's why I am so very happy how great this week's show is when it came together!
First of all, my guests are fantastic. …
17. Jun. 2010, 5:25 von solipsisticasthttp://solipsisticnation.com/images/photo-zerodigital-M.jpg
Back in January I had Riley Warren on solipsistic NATION as a guest DJ. Riley is also one of the co founders of Zero Digital Records and we made plans so showcase her label at a later date.
Riley's mix got a lot of love so I know you're going to dig today's mix featuring select tracks from artists on Zero Digital Records! This time we're joined by fellow Zero Digital Records co founder Michael Ricca, AKA Kinetic.
Today's mix is pretty awesome! It's got a trance feel with some driving rhythms and beats that has a lot of textures and moods that will hit you in your gut. If you enjoy today's show you can preview more music from Zero Digital Records at their website.
If you really like what you hear then why not buy a song or two from the label if not a couple of albums. You can find them on Beatport, Trackitdown, iTunes, Amazon MP3, Juno Download, etc. Oh, and be sure to listen to the Zero Digital Records podcast hosted by Stilwell!
19. Jun. 2008, 19:47 von kampf1094 Days gone past.
I passed yet another milestone earlier this week, 100,000 tracks played.
One goal took a lot of listening, the other patience. Kinda cool though, that they happened in the same week.
I'm hoping that maybe by five years I can get to 250,000, but we'll see about that. Who knows what the next two years holds.
New music on the list today inclused The Chap, axisgallery, Hercules & Love Affair, The Orb, Mark Farina, Flying Lotus, Carmen Rizzo, and Natalie Walker.
15. Feb. 2007, 3:36 von UberDrive
9. Jan. 2007, 20:44 von LiquidFluxConcerts I've been to:
the early years:
multiple times back in late 90's and 2000 - Hadley Freng and other local bands
tue, may 30, 2000 - Coal Chamber @ Playmakers Pavilion, Fargo, ND
sat, dec 1, 2001 - Incubus @ Rimac Center, La Jolla, CA
wed, sep 25, 2002 - Rush @ Coors Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, CA
sat, jul 20, 2003 - Steve Burns (Steve From Blues Clues) @ The Casbah, San Diego, CA
mon, aug 11, 2003 - Bjork @ The Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
sun, nov 9, 2003 - Mindless Self Indulgence @ The Whisky A Go Go, Hollywood, CA
sun, may 9, 2004 - Jagermeister Music Tour @ SOMA, San Diego, CA
fri, jul 23, 2004 - Crystal Method @ 4th & B, San Diego, CA
sun, sep 26, 2004 - Air @ The Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA
-Sondre Lerche (opening)
sat, apr 30, 2005 - Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
19. Dez. 2006, 20:07 von TheJanStanHere's how I'd rank everything this year:
My Top 10 Albums of the Year:
1. 20 Y.0. ~ Janet Jackson
Janet hasn't made such a consistent album since 89's Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814. "Get It Out Me" provided my favorite musical moment of '06 with the kinetic breakdown that samples Afrika Bambaataa. "Take Care" is easily the chillest Janet balland since RN's "Lonely". "Enjoy" is the kind of pure joy wrapped in song that Janet is known for. And "Call On Me" wound up being r&b radio's sleeper hit that really wasn't a sleeper. There was no better r&b/pop album this year - period.
2. Supernature ~ Goldfrapp
I couldn't get enough of this album - and apparently, commercial advertisers recognized that alot of folx couldn't either. By featuring many trax from this klassik in their commercials, well-known name brands like Verizon and Target plucked this dance/synth duo from relative obscurity and helped make them mainstream. …
30. Jul. 2006, 0:21 von beardenatlI figured I should say this up front to get it out of the way: I am a great admirer of Frou Frou, including both individual contributors to that project, Guy Sigsworth and Imogen Heap (by the way check out a great interview with her in the [url="http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=113971625&s=143441&i=8255558"]July 7 Paste Culture Club podcast, free! and recorded when she was here in Atlanta). I'm also a fan of Röyksopp.
What about it? Their names popped up when I was doing some research on a singer I recently heard about, Kate Havnevik. Never heard of her? Neither had I until a couple of weeks ago when a last.fm friend, lesleyjl21 gave me the tip. One song was all it took...New Day...and I was hooked. I bought the album, Melankton, on iTunes the next day. I then ordered the CD a couple of days later from her website, the only place it's available. ($20 + $3 shipping = OUCH!, but had to have the liner notes)
So I've been listening to this CD the last couple of weeks and wondering 1) how I missed it and 2) why more people aren't listening. It was released in March 2006 on iTunes. …
17. Mai. 2006, 16:07 von choupinettePlaylist for O Crêpe!
la musique francaise and more!
listen every wednesday 6-8 a.m.
KUCI 88.9 FM in Irvine or www.kuci.org
1. Manu Chao - me gustas tu
2. Zebda - double peine - essence ordinaire
3. Les Negresses Vertes - sous le soleil de bodega -le grand deballage
4. Stereo Total - la, ca, usa - s/t
5. Brigitte Bardot - le diable est anglais - the best of brigitte bardot
6. Jane Birkin - jane b. - je t'aime moi non plus
7. Serge Gainsbourg - requiem pour un con
8. Bitter:Sweet - don't forget to breathe - the mating game
9. George Brassens - je m'suis fait tout petit - putumayo presents french cafe
10. Monsieur Leroc - don't you like my style? - oh! lala
11. The Walkmen - emma, get me a lemon* - a hundred miles off
12. MC Solaar - c'est ca les gens veulent - cinquieme as:fifth ace
13. Nico - striptease - Cafe de Flore
14. Noir Desir - l'enfant roi - des visages, des figures
15. CocoRosie - beautiful boyz - noah's ark