24. Sep. 2013, 13:49 von mffm
1. Apr. 2012, 1:28 von OCD4CDzThe Civil Wars (americana, folk, duet, singer-songwriter, vocals, accoustic)
John Paul White and Joy Williams have an other worldly chemistry on stage. Their name comes from the notion that they are complete opposite personalities, yet together, they intersect at such a lovely musical place. Congratulations on winning 2 Grammys guys, how fitting! I also think Joy has one of the prettiest mouths I've ever seen, and well the sound that comes out of it is alright too. Favorites of mine: I've Got This Friend, Poison & Wine, My Father's Father, 20 Years, and Falling.
Billie Jean (Michael Jackson Cover)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ_iwWFvRP0
Broken Bells (indie, electronic, male vocalists, indie pop, experimental)
10. Feb. 2011, 18:22 von kylep3483
26. Jan. 2011, 1:13 von PJ27And once again it's time for Triple J's Hottest 100. Obviously, this list is going to cause many a person to break out it fits of haterage, but no list is ever gonna please everyone.
Once again, I'm doing commentary on this as it's played.
And for 101, just missing out was XXXO by M.I.A.. I thought it might get it, but no such luck, I guess. It was one of the better cuts from her album, but that really isn't saying much. I wouldn't be too surprised to see Born Free make an appearance later.
100. Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever) by Muse
Well, it looks like they let the Twilight fans vote in this again. It's pretty silly stuff, but I'm not too surprised to see it make it's way in here. I had expected it to get higher though.
99. Big by Dead Letter Circus
Not at all surprised to see Dead Letter Circus make it in, since they pretty much filled the void for Australian hard rock this year. I'm expecting that they'll probably make another appearance later with ]One Step.
18. Jan. 2011, 11:25 von oaksyIn no particular order...
Lions In Cages - Wolf Gang
An infectious sing along by UK indie act who are on the verge of releasing their eagerly-awaited debut album.
Dog (feat. Lisa Mitchell) - Andy Bull
Upbeat song about depression. Sounds weird but they pull it off beautifully. At first listen thought it was entirely sung by Mitchell, then discovered the truly unique vocal talents of Andy Bull.
Rock It - Little Red
My favourite for the number one position. You won't meet anyone who doesn't like this song. Little Red are looking for a wider audience after their retro-style pop debut.
Tokyo (Vampires & Wolves) - The Wombats
The indie kids are moving into the electro-pop world with an instant dance floor hit. The fact that this brings with it their long-awaited sophomore album deserves it of a spot in my top 10.
Radar Detector- Darwin Deez
The quirkiest new band of 2010 goes to Darwin Deez. These stoner hipsters had a few worthy tracks but the wackiness of the video clip for this one gets it over the line.
15. Jan. 2011, 16:18 von TheGrammahammaALBUMS:
10: Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life
9: Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
8: Gorillaz - Plastic Beach
7: LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
6: The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang
5: Tokyo Police Club - Champ
4: The National - High Violet
3: Vampire Weekend - Contra
2: Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
1: Local Natives - Gorilla Manor
Hon. Mention: Ra Ra Riot - Boy
10: Vampire Weekend - Cousins
9: Matt & Kim - Cameras
8: The National - Terrible Love (Alternate Version)
7: The Tallest Man on Earth - King of Spain
6: LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean
5: Tokyo Police Club - Wait Up (Boots of Danger)
4: Local Natives - Who Knows Who Cares
3: Broken Bells - The High Road
2: Arcade Fire - Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)
1: Crystal Castles - Not In Love (ft. Robert Smith)
10. Jan. 2011, 10:50 von PoopyDestroyer(1)!! Titus Andronicus - The Battle of Hampton Roads
(2) Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Round and Round
*3* Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union
(4) Yeasayer - O.N.E.
(5) The Jezabels - Hurt Me
(6) LCD Soundsystem - Dance Yrself Clean
*7* Local Natives - Cubism Dream
(8) Hot Chip - I Feel Better
(9) Menomena - Dirty Cartoons
(10) Vampire Weekend - Taxi Cab
(11 Robyn - Dancing on My Own
(12) Cold War Kids - Audience
(13) Hot Chip - One Life Stand
(14) Los Campesinos! - The Sea Is a Good Place to Think of the Future
(15) Vampire Weekend - White Sky
(16) Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill
(17) LCD Soundsystem - I Can Change
*18* Gorillaz - Empire Ants
(19) The National - England
(20) Gorillaz - Stylo
(21) Yeasayer - Madder Red
(22) Arcade Fire - Suburban War
(23) Titus Andronicus - Four Score and Seven
(24) The Walkmen - Angela Surf City
(25) Beach House - Walk in the Park
(26) Arcade Fire - We Used to Wait
(27) Gorillaz - Rhinestone Eyes
2. Jan. 2011, 13:34 von keport
1. Jan. 2011, 2:00 von Vagrant1977Honestly speaking, 2010 didn't musically excite me like 2009 did. It's funny how the true value of something arises when a comparison is being made. I described 2009 as a 'good' year. How wrong was I. During this year I realized that I had been spoiled with lots of great songs, even legendary ones - Growing Old Is Getting Old as one of the best songs ever! 'Great' would have been a more proper description and that's just the tag 2009 has from now on.
Does this mean that 2010 is that bad? Certainly not. If you check my profile, you'll see that from my Top Artist about 10 high-listed ones released an album this year. Well, did they deliver? Interpol, The Walkmen and CocoRosie all released solid albums, but they don't appeal to me that much. Guess I'm being spoiled and suffering from unreasonable high expectations concerning my Top Artists. But fortunately, some of my Top Artists managed to create some great songs, as a result of which I think 2010 has been a 'good' year - and perhaps even a 'great' year…
31. Dez. 2010, 8:40 von MysteryMonreal