21. Dez. 2009, 0:20 von blacknail
22. Apr. 2008, 8:49 von jessthereseMon 21 Apr – Blonde Redhead, Holy Fuck, Devastations
Holy Fuck were funny and catchy and I would see them again - maybe would enjoy them more towards the end of a billing. I'm sceptical about vocal effects, not many bands can or should use these - aim for Battles, not Cher - but it all added up to an amusing slot.
Devastations excelled although I thought that the sound was a little muddy at times. Conrad's howl is brilliant!
Didn't stay for much of Blonde Redhead - just wanted to hear Misery Is a Butterfly - got bored waiting so we left.
7. Nov. 2007, 5:43 von Kreator82Stolen from user LacunaZero
Go to your Charts, and find your Overall top 20 Last.fm albums. Now list your favorite and least favorite track from each album.
This is not meant to be thought provoking or philosophical in any way. Merely a temporary cure for boredom.
1. múm – Loksins erum við engin 200 plays
Favorite: Sveitin milli sólkerfa
Least Favorite: Sundlaug í buskanum
2. Nick Drake – Five Leaves Left 172 plays
Favorite: River Man
Least Favorite: The Thoughts of Mary Jane
3. Gojira – From Mars to Sirius 164 plays
Favorite: Flying Whales
Least Favorite: The Heaviest Matter of the Universe
4. Nick Drake – Bryter Layter 137 plays
Favorite: Northern Sky
Least Favourite: Poor Boy
5. Depeche Mode – Black Celebration 136 plays
Favorite: A Question of Time
Least Favorite: Sometimes
6. Thom Yorke – The Eraser 133 plays
Favorite: Atoms for Peace
Least Favorite: Black Swan
7. Yann Tiersen – Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain 131 plays
6. Nov. 2007, 10:04 von lopposopperThu 25 Oct – Blonde Redhead, Autolux
Blonde Redhead, Autolux
here are my videos from the show:
Misery Is a Butterfly
20. Dez. 2006, 19:09 von mirrahHere's the deal. For the past three years I've been working with the amateur drama group of my former high school. Everything is a pretty enthusiastic collaborative effort, from writing the script to stage direction to light and sound design. I'm mostly involved in the writing bit, what with me actually writing scripts for a living & basically, just 'cuz I love writing and working with the guys in the group.
This year we decided to write a play about blogs, the freedom we get in relationships & the spells cast by fascinating people :) So we tossed some ideas around, then I went and wrote the thing & in January we're gonna go into rehearsals, so that we're ready with everything by mid April, when we're attending a national theater festival.
What we need help with is putting the soundtrack together. I've already come up with a list of possible tracks to include & with a general concept for the soundtrack as a whole. …
7. Dez. 2006, 13:11 von wigandtIt's when you'r listening to the music and feeling it's knocking against your skin asking to let it in...
Misery Is a Butterfly
25. Sep. 2006, 8:02 von jesstherese1. El Morro
Oh how I adore this song. It's an instrumental track, and it's simply beautiful.
This was a favourite from my Hankey St flat in Mt Cook, Wellington.
3. Song From Hope St (Brooklyn, N.Y)
From A Quiet Riot. Nice, gentle, happy song.
4. Heartless Romantic
The edgy desperation appeals to me, and I like how it sounds as though Murray is singing down a telephone line. Favourite line: "just bought a piano.. can't hardly play." (Lyrics websites disagree with my interpretation but I don't care.)
5. Misery Is a Butterfly
This isn't my usual style of music - it's a 3hive.com download - but it's really grown on me. I particularly like the line, "With her small ugly face and her long antennae.." Songmeanings.net has some interesting offerings on this one.
6. Oscar Brown
There's a sort of singalong choir-type thing going on with this song, and I think that's part of why I like it.
7. Without MSG I am Nothing
An aggressive, confrontational, shouty song. Slick.
8. Mai. 2006, 19:54 von lollobrigidaHow we always memorize every single misery and we seem to glorify everything inside of us...