23. Aug. 2013, 7:06 von JessieOnTheMoon
2. Jul. 2012, 1:23 von peadophileBest year of the decade.
1. Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain http://cdn.zmemusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/crooked-rain-crooked-rain-by-pavement_mll1cgkoq7sx_full.jpg
Pavement may still be messy, but it's a meaningful, musical messiness from the performance to the production: listen to how "Silence Kit" begins by falling into place with its layers of fuzz guitars, wah wahs, cowbells, thumping bass, and drum fills, how what initially seems random gives way into a lush Californian pop song. That's Crooked Rain a nutshell -- what initially seems chaotic has purpose, leading listeners into the bittersweet heart and impish humor at the core of the album. Many bands attempted to replicate the sound or the vibe of Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, but they never came close to the quicksilver shifts in music and emotion that give this album such lasting appeal. Here, Pavement follow the heartbroken ballad "Stop Breathin'" with the wry, hooky alt-rock hit "Cut Your Hair" without missing a beat. …
1. Jun. 2012, 5:24 von Under_Radar_Mag
3. Dez. 2011, 23:08 von punkass_noodlesRadiohead - In Rainbows
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Jeff Buckley - Grace
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Portishead - Dummy
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
The Beatles - The Beatles
At the Drive-In - Vaya
12. Jul. 2011, 22:03 von rattlebagThe eigth LP group listening session on Twitter is currently in the voting stages. This month's theme is the 1990s.
This involves anyone who wants to join in listening to the same album on Twitter at the same time and discussing it whilst doing so.
Send five votes to @coleser from the list before By 7pm Wednesday 20th July. The number only will do. You are unable to vote for an album you nominated. Please send a Direct Message or a Mention.
The hastag for the group is #lpgroup.
August’s ”official” listening session is 9pm Sunday 7th August 2011.
Everyone is welcome.
Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/user/rattlebag/playlist/1iTKq1uDV9h1sCEAB9W5BO
1. The Afghan Whigs– Black Love
2. Beck– Mellow Gold
3. Beck– Odelay
4. Belle & Sebastian– If You're Feeling Sinister
5. Black Star– Black Star
6. Blur– Blur
7. Bongwater– The Power of Pussy
8. The Chemical Brothers– Exit Planet Dust
9. Cornershop– When I Was Born for the 7th Time
13. Mai. 2011, 23:41 von argus20. Green Day – Dookie
Honesty, this is partially going on here due to nostalgia - it was one of the first albums I ever owned, on cassette no less. Regardless, this is still some seriously catchy music.
19. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Question The Answers
If you lived near Boston in the 90's and were into current punk at all you were basically legally required to like these guys.
18. Weezer - The Blue Album
Maybe it's just my getting disillusioned with their more recent material, but the more I look back at this album, the more I start thinking of it as "just" pretty good. As with Dookie, the hooks are undeniable and it was a major part of my teenage years, but looking back on it there was just a lot of better music coming out around the same time.
17. Pearl Jam - Vitalogy
18. Apr. 2011, 18:20 von ce84
- artist13th Floor ElevatorsalbumThe Psychedelic Sounds Of The 13th Floor Elevatorsartist13th Floor ElevatorsalbumEaster EverywhereartistAcid Mothers Temple & The Cosmic InfernoalbumAnthem Of The SpaceartistAcid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.albumElectric HeavylandartistAcrimonyalbumTumuli ShroomaroomartistAC/DCalbumLet There Be RockartistAC/DCalbumHighway To HellartistAC/DCalbumBack In BlackartistAerosmithalbumToys In The AtticartistAfghan WhigsalbumGentlemenartistAfghan Whigsalbum1965artistAfrican Head ChargealbumMy Life In A Hole In The GroundartistAfro Celt Sound SystemalbumVolume 3: Further In TimeartistAgitation…
22. Jan. 2011, 2:37 von Craptastic_life
31. Dez. 2010, 2:06 von TrixRabbi
12. Aug. 2010, 14:32 von Oniren