15. Dez. 2009, 18:21 von iyers
15. Sep. 2009, 13:14 von FurngullyStations I have really enjoyed.
- Harmonic 313 Radio
- Prince Far I Radio 3hr 55min
- Dillinger – Jah Love
- Barry Brown – Politician
- Mikey Dread – Barber Saloon
- Delroy Washington – Wake Up Jamaica
- U-Roy – Natty Rebel
- The Revolutionaries – Angeless Dub
- [artist]The Mighty Diamonds – Them Never Love Poor Marcus
- [artist]Johnny Clarke – Collie Dread
- [artist]Keith Hudson – Michael Talbot Affair
- [artist]I-Roy – African Herbsman
- [artist]Tapper Zukie – Revolution
- [artist]Prince Far I & The Arabs – Bass Ace
- [artist]Prince Far I – No More War (Dub)
No More War Prince Far I
21. Mai. 2008, 14:47 von burningdervishI have seen this bio used unattributed on a few different websites as well as in Barry's wikipedia entry, so here goes:
"Barry Brown was one of a number of singers to find success in the 1970's under producer Bunny Lee. One of the most successful artists of the early dancehall era, Brown worked with some of Jamaica's top producers of the time, including Linval Thompson, Winston 'Niney The Observer' Holness, Sugar Minott and Coxsone Dodd, as well as releasing self-produced material. After releasing eleven albums between 1979 and 1984, Brown's releases became more sporadic, although his work continued to feature prominently on sound systems such as those of Jah Shaka. In the 1990's, Brown's health deteriorated, suffering with asthma and substance abuse problems and he died in May 2004 at Sone Waves Recording Studio in Kingston, Jamaica, after falling and hitting his head."
I've got a dozen or so of Barry's tracks in my library, primarily from 12" rips (some on the Greensleeves label, some unknown...).