2. Jan. 2011, 23:07 von lance_stampingChildhood in Minor was the key, I would describe my childhood in, if I was to make an opera. There was much Beautiful Emptiness in my affection for swirly lollipop's and sugary gumdrops. Between Love and Fire was the way I felt when my frumpy old ma told me I could only choose one. I think she suffered from the Sins of Idealism because it was impractical for a child of 15 to choose one. Perhaps I was a bit Eccentric, at my age to feel the need to fondle all the candy, I could get my grubby fingers on. I Digital Deceit'd my ma by ordering a crate of sweets from Flooriada. Through Square Eyes her look of contempt shown upon my frightened countenance, when she found out what I had done. Blind Pain was the pain she delivered on me from her wooden cane, oh how wish it was only a candy cane. There are Two Sides to every action, I said "I need the sustenance that candy would bring to me, because I lack the affection that you give to your sow Misery. …
2. Jan. 2011, 2:43 von lance_stampingThere was much Discord in the little town of FloorJansium at the arrival of el Stampo. The town had much to Evoke about his arrival, a night of glittery clown dancing must be in store. The populace of the town of only 75 hoped, the night of insane glittery clown dancing would only be Transitory. To get el Stampo started he need someone to Energize Medragon Hortenese. Equally Destructive will be the power of DANCE, that the medragon and el Stampo, will create when they stamp the ground mightily with their ginormous tushies. Withering Time it was for el Stampo when the townspeople booted his tush from their desolated town. Poor el Stampo was catastrophically De-Energized when his awesome dance skills were not recognized. Cry With a Smile he did when he left the ungrateful town of FloorJansium. He needed to Envision to himself that a town would except his flamboyant dance style, he thought to himself "They must accept it, now do you accept.". …
3. Apr. 2010, 23:20 von Mawnin
15. Mär. 2010, 12:58 von RC_Mowgli
1. Mär. 2010, 21:03 von CyanideSandwichSun 28 Feb – Design Your Universe - North American tour 2010
First off: I'm probably going to piss a few people off with this review so if you're easily offended then move right along.
Anyhow... This show was the last stop for Epica's North American Design Your Universe Tour. For anybody that's been to a lot of shows, you know that this often means the bands pulling lots of pranks on each other and various other onstage shenanigans. This show was no exception.
The show started out with two local opening acts. The first was this kind of Gothic metal (but not really) band named (I think) Tortus. This band is very much a work in progress but they have a ton of potential. The biggest problem that they have is that they have a bit too much metalcore influence in some of their songs.
The next band was the Iron Maiden-esque band eclipsed by sanity. These guys apparently have a bit of a name for themselves around town and I can understand why. Their set was really good.
23. Jan. 2010, 11:57 von gunleikNotes:
* = first time I've ever listened to that band.
Really like >> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Star_full.svg/11px-Star_full.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Star_full.svg/11px-Star_full.svg.png
Like >> (5 - 4) >> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Star_full.svg/11px-Star_full.svg.png
OK >> (3,5 - 2,5) >> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Star_half.svg/11px-Star_half.svg.png
Dislike >> (2 - 1) >> http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/49/Star_empty.svg/11px-Star_empty.svg.png
-*Amorphis - Skyforger http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/81/Star_half.svg/11px-Star_half.svg.png
-*Arcanium - The Architects http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/Star_full.svg/11px-Star_full.svg.png
20. Okt. 2009, 16:37 von RC_Mowgli
19. Okt. 2009, 19:29 von bruhrjhttp://www.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/amanda-somerville-aina.jpg
Amanda Somerville é mais conhecida por suas contribuições dentro do cenário do metal. A mais conhecida possivelmente deve ser na música e clipe Cry For The Moon do Epica. Exceto essa, a participação que mais gosto, no cd Ghost Opera do Kamelot fazendo os vocais femininos das faixas Mourning Star e Love You to Death, além de integrar o coral que canta na faixa título. Ela também participa do Avantasia na faixa What Kind of Love, a primeira onde eu ouvi a sua voz e ouvi falar so seu nome.
Entre outras claro. Habitualmente ela tem fama por participar mais ativamente dos bastidores na parte de produção, treinamento vocal e por aí afora do que na "linha de frente" de uma banda.
Fiquei muito curiosa quando soube do lançamento Windows. Um cd só dela, rs. Ele é uma boa mistura pop/rock alternativa e que fica mais evidente no começo com as faixas Mayday…
18. Sep. 2008, 3:36 von dayslypper
22. Jul. 2008, 6:45 von YorkshiremikeFor Fans Of - Power Metal, Edguy, Helloween, The Scorpions, HammerFall, DragonForce
Tobias Sammet is the singer and sometimes keyboard player with German power metal outfit Edguy, and in his spare time his ropes together a collection of his celebrity rock mates (Alice Cooper, Bob Catley, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Singer, Kai Hansen and Sharen den Adel have all appeared on Avantasia albums) and produces wildly over the top metal opera's. After the first two Avantasia albums (and two 5 track EP's), Sammet said he wasn't doing any more, it's good for us that he changed his mind because The Scarecrow is the best of the lot.
The Scarecrow kicks off with the six minute 'Twisted Mind' a big, Eygyptian sounding riff giving way to great melodies, nice clean vocals and scorching guitar solo's. Over on the continent people never lost their love for proper heavy metal, whilst we got seduced by the largely crap wave of American nu-metal, the Germans and Dutch and Scandanavians continued to…