24. Jan. 2012, 20:15 von carpenter78
10. Jul. 2011, 11:36 von red-green-blueCollected Dreamy Artists*
Álfheimr (post-rock)http://thomasrotter.bass4you.com/images/bandcamp.jpeghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3176/buddyicons/31256596@N05.jpg?1223671389 ~ Oak37
ólafur arnalds ~ intotheblue_
36 (downtempo)http://images.findicons.com/files/icons/2280/project_icons/32/website.png ~ hypnochicken
40 Winks (instrumental hip-hop) ~ Lilu_inc
???? ~ magic_windows
A Lily (idm ambient) ~ Nebo_V_Symerkax
A Sunny Day In Glasgow ~ postconditioned
A Winged Victory for the Sullen (neoclassical piano ambient) ~ skinship
Absent Without Leave (post-rock ambient)https://www.recordunion.com/images/myspace_icon.jpg ~ gollum234
Actors & Actresses ~ edgesoftwilight
Aedhon ~ araglar
Akira Kosemura ~ intotheblue_
Altus (deep space ambient) ~ Atmospheric7T7
Alwoods (psychill) ~ Stormsaber
Amiina (icelandic post-rock)http://images.findicons.com/files/icons/2280/project_icons/32/website.png ~ der666
Andrew Lahiff (space ambient) ~ Shotiko
3. Feb. 2011, 18:01 von AllRoadsLeadSo..A new year, with fresh meat..Here we go again!! Something a little different from my normal pre-best-of 'shortlist', is that I plan on implementing a star-based scoring system to aid with the final list-making process, as such, anything supplemented with stars will be recommended initially, using this basic ranking system..However, if you're anything like me, you'll listen to them all anyways..
@c - Homem Phantasma *****
:sinclair: - 0306 ***
36 - Cocoon/Saphron *****
40 Watt Sun - The Inside Room ***
417.3 - _(-_-)_ *****
82-75 - ëåñ â êîðàáëå *****
*AR - Wolf Notes ***
A Lily - Thunder Ate The Iron Tree *****
A Wake A Week - Through Line *****
Abraham - An Eye On The Universe *
Across Tundras - Sage ***
adamned.age - Fragile **
Aderlating - Spear of Gold and Seraphim Bone *****
Æthenor - En Form For Blå *****
Ahnst Anders - Home ***
Ainara Legardon - We Once Wished ****
Akh-naut - Reptilian Soul Conspiracy ***
Alexander Tucker - Dorwytch *****
Alexander Turnquist - Hallway of Mirrors *****
22. Sep. 2010, 0:15 von joshblalock
3. Jul. 2010, 13:48 von tom_stvoler
20. Feb. 2010, 14:45 von liftmuziekhttp://headphonecommute.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/final-reflections.jpg
I just finished publishing the last batch of Reflections... These miniature thoughts on the music of 2009 from artists and labels offered a rare glimpse into the minds behind the music itself.
Check out all of the Reflections by Nao Sugimoto of Spekk, Hammock, Ólafur Arnalds, Konntinent; Igorrr and IJO; Bruno Miguel of :papercutz; Phylum Sinter; label owners of Flingco Sound System and Indian Queen Records; Rob Booth of Electronic Explorations podcast; Jacaszek, Locrian and Jatun; Rafael Anton Irisarri, Richard Chartier of 12K and Ian Hawgood of Home Normal; A Lily, Xela, Yndi Halda, Rivulets, Sylvain Chauveau, Sam Amidon, Bitcrush, Helios, Goldmund, Mint Julep, Arca, On, Ensemble 0, Doveman, Stars Like Fleas; Nicolas Chevreux of Ad Noiseam; Yann Novak, Porn Sword Tobacco, Wes Willenbring; Stephan Mathieu, Offthesky, Paavoharju, Worriedaboutsatan, Klimek, Simon Scott...
19. Dez. 2009, 15:45 von liftmuziekWe still have some time until the end of the year, and I’m in no rush to publish my list of favorite releases. Meanwhile, you guys are doing a great job at submitting Your Votes! These will be tabulated and aggregated at the end of the year to present the Reader’s selections. Keep them coming! While the list is growing, I decided to reach out to my favorite artists and labels, and ask them to share their thoughts on the music of 2009. These are now presented to you, in the order that they have been submitted, one installment at a time.
The current incoming reflections include entries from Stephan Mathieu, Offthesky, Paavoharju, Worriedaboutsatan, Klimek, Simon Scott, Yann Novak, Porn Sword Tobacco, Wes Willenbring.
More additions: A Lily, Xela, Yndi Halda, Rivulets, Sylvain Chauveau, Sam Amidon, Bitcrush, Helios, Goldmund, Mint Julep, Arca, On, Ensemble 0, Doveman, Stars Like Fleas
See all entries for Reflections on 2009 on Headphone Commute.
27. Apr. 2009, 23:28 von liftmuziekI've been posting my reviews on last.fm for quiet some time now. I love going back to my original ramblings and then dusting off the albums that got me excited years ago... This is essentially the point. Besides my interviews and features, Headphone Commute Reviews are meant to be an archive of my favorite releases as well as recommendations for you. I do not have time to write negative words, so here's another batch of my latest finds that I hope will make it onto your rotations list. A lot of goodies in here for you. Not to mention another Record Label Profile. This month it's an in-depth interview with Evan Bartholomew of Somnia. Read Label Profile: Somnia only on reviews.headphonecommute.com. Here are 16 reviews and flashbacks, with many featuring my mini interview feature I call "Two and a Half Questions", so be sure to hit that. As usual, I would appreciate a comment or two, and would love it if you could Subscribe to RSS Feed.
5. Jan. 2009, 7:15 von magnumforce200650. Hour of Penance - The Vile Conception (Brutal Death Metal)
Why?: This is a towering achievement for the subgenre of brutal death metal. I've never seen such a commitment to songwriting individuality combined with unadulterated brutality and speed. The production is absolutely pummeling and bassy, yet still crisp enough so that you can hear the riffs, especially when using a good system or headphones. The songs are all fast as hell, but there are a few small key inclusions of solos, interesting classical instrumentation segments, and various different (again, for brutal death metal) song ideas that allow the listener to get through the album's 37 minutes whilst still feeling entertained and completely obliterated.
49. You Slut! - Critical Meat (Math Rock)
Why?: Ridiculously fun and infectuous Math Rock.
23. Dez. 2008, 18:04 von fatandconfused