Uneven Structure, evolution of an almost-one man project to a band

• Uneven Structure, evolution of an almost-one man project to a band

Hey everybody, I was thinking about opening a discussion here instead of sporadically putting links in the shoutbox.

To replace the context, Longchat was initially Eggeh, a couple of personal work and collaborations with Beuh-Noix. We both started to play music together as bassist and guitarist eight years ago, and always played together in our different bands.

A couple of months ago, seeing that there's a real community around the djent music, we decided to make our personnal work no longer personal, share it on the web and, now, being a real band.

The aim of this topic is mainly to keep you in touch of the evolution of a random band playing djent inspired music, from its creation to the (we hope so) upcoming live performances, almost like a blog, but here. For now, we're three, we have found a drummer, professional musician, drums teacher, great man, who has found an interest in our project and we still have to audition two guitarists and two singers.

Yet, we have 68 minutes of music available here, four new tracks have been released this week (Dirge First/Second/Third Movement and Quick And Pointless).

If you want to share anything with us, go ahead, we would be really pleased.
    I'll regularly post new songs and important news (new members, rehearsal videos...) here.

Myspace

Bearbeitet von IggyFrance am 11. Mai. 2009, 10:45
    • benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Dez. 2008, 0:07
    Nice, good initiative :) keep us posted!

• New quick track, This Is Trans Fat Free here :

This Is Trans Fat Free

Nothing really serious, just some fun an nonsense.

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Dez. 2008, 10:32
    br00tle.

• New song available, with new mixing:

Surfing on a Calabi-Yau Manifold

Enjoy it, or not! Comments are welcome :]

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jan. 2009, 22:21
    Nice

very ten-dimensional :>

• very ten-dimensional :>

Nice to see you're in string theory :p

So we're now a full band, three guitars, one bass, one drummer and one singer.
    Line up :
    Vocals : Samy
    Drums : Pierre
    Bass : Benoit
    Guitars : Jérôme, Aurélien and me :)

New tracks, with a much more consequent writing work and the appearance of most of us on it avaiable on our Myspace

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Feb. 2009, 12:17
    ohshi-
    really loving the tempo, it keeps it interesting :)

now, go release an album :>

• The writing process of February, our debut EP/concept album is almost done, you can check out 4 extracts of it on our Myspace:
    http://www.myspace.com/longchat

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Apr. 2009, 23:35
    release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it release it

I am hypnotising you, sir.

• Your bad intentions and rituals won't work on me, try Benoit, he's more eager to fall in that stuff :3

• The album writing has been finished, we're currently finishing the vocals placement and should be definitively recording during the beginning of July, maybe sooner. Yet February (our main track) has grown so much it is now the only track of the album, culminating at 43mn. Btw, we've lost our drummer, hadn't nuff' time to learn the song, so we're looking for another one :/. And a real singer joined us, Xavier Lorans, from Kyzin. Vocals will be in english.

Non definitive titles

Our myspace

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Mai. 2009, 9:00
    Aww, sucks about teh drummer thing, but I'm sure you'll find someone willing. Can't wait for the album!

• For the drummer, we're dealing with Pathogenic's drummer for real drums on the album. We need to find someone ungay in France, drum-talking of course.

• benanne schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Mai. 2009, 15:57
    too bad DukeNico is gay :>

• DukeNico schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mai. 2009, 17:09
    I see what you did there >:o

• Crosshash schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Okt. 2009, 23:08
    Just found your music this evening, definitely glad that you supplied a download link as I'll be putting it onto my mp3 player.

Can't wait for the album guys.

TACTUS A Progressive Math Metal/Rock

www.myspace.com/tactusa
    www.soundclick.com/tactusa
  • move it !

Iggy !!!!
    Move your ass and drop this fackin' Album dude !!!!

;-D

"Glad to be ..."

Despite Behavior
  • Thanks Crosshash, just one thing, most of the clips on Soundclick are really lame and billions miles under what we're preparing you for the album.

Steeves, does shaking our asses on our grooves counts? :D

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Dez. 2009, 13:02
    May be the best thing about all this is we've actually witnessed the evolution of this monster right here. It feels more "family" like. 8 sounds killer my friend, even for a picky guy like me :) Can't even imagine how greater the album will be. Hopefully success in on the way for you, and truckloads of money with it :-P

• e_free schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Jan. 2010, 3:38
    I agree with the previous poster, 8 was wonderful. Really loving it, been playing it over and over for the last couple of weeks.

• klonere schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Jun. 2010, 3:28
    So you found a singer and didn't tell anyone else about it eh :P

Anyway I hope you guys get picked up by a great label and release February ASAP! Good luck with everything :-)

• Uneven Structure is my favorite djent band. They're fucking great. 8 is so damn good.

• So grats for pulling that shit off with Basick Records?
    No I mean it , great job brah <3 nohomo

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.