recommendations?

• stubadub schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Feb. 2006, 18:35

recommendations?

i don't think i've ever knowingly heard a fall song before and i need you guys to point out a good album to start with..something to get a potentially addictive habit going on..anyone?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Feb. 2006, 1:16

Fall recomendations

This Nations Saving Grace was my first one , I think it's one of their better ones . Go for the version with Cruiser's creek on if possible . Grotesque is a pretty good example of the earlier stuff , try and get the expanded version with a bizzare Mark E Smith interview at the end :)

• lastadms schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Mär. 2006, 16:59
    The current album "Fall Heads Roll" is a pretty good place to start, and it's easy to find.

If you want an overview of everything, get the 6-CD Peel session set, and then see which era you might like best.

• Benutzer
    • 6. Mär. 2006, 16:49
    I started with kurious oranj which was a great way to be slowly eased in I think. The marshall suite is a good way in too, if you want something newer, it's short and crunchy.
    I reckon perverted by language is the best album so make sure you pick that up too :)

• stubadub schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Mär. 2006, 11:07
    Ok, thanks guys!

I'll give some of 'em a go..maybe sans the 6CD-box : )

I ran into some clips of The Fall and of Mr. Smith on WFMU blog and I'm already picking up some serious indentification vibes on the guy.. : )

Anyways, I'm sure I'll fall in deep with the stuff.

• DiceMan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Aug. 2006, 11:50
    my fav is dragnet i think and would recomend it to start with aswell.

Make Love Like a Pair of Black Wizards!
    • jentizzle schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Nov. 2006, 14:08
    458489 A-Sides! Because it is fan-fucking-tastic and in my humble opinion representative of a lot of their best early material (with the important exception of "Totally Wired") but nobody ever names it and it really needs to be recommended more.

• The Peel Sessions box set is a pretty good place to start, although I wouldn't recommend listening to it all at once. It's a pretty representative document of what the group has done and how it has progressed.

Pretty cheap for over seven hours of music, too ...

Euphemisms, Audrey, euphemisms ...
  • 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong is a good 2CD career overview, & will set you back less than the Peel box.

"Just like I knew what I was doing" -- Foe
    • dpotta schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Jan. 2007, 1:16
    gotta be hex enduction hour

• Bend Sinister's my favourite

James Kealy & His Regal Toes
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Apr. 2011, 2:26
    Bend Sinister or Fall Heads Roll.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.