Best song, and why?

• Best song, and why?

I wonder what you think

• And

to answer my own question(haha); My favourite Steely Dan song is My old school. I saw them live, and just when they started playing that song, the sun came out from the clouds, and it was one of the best moments in my life, DUDE.

Bearbeitet von flamingsig am 13. Sep. 2007, 20:07
    • gmckay schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Aug. 2007, 20:34

Aja

Excellent vibe

Even though I'm still trying to understand some of the lyrical meaning.

I think this song is about an Asian prostitute (Dime dancing)

..audio quality is second to none..

Try the Steve Hoffman mastered album.

• calefan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Sep. 2007, 5:13
    I'd probably have to go with My Old School . . . which is what I assume you meant by my "favorite" school -- ironically, based on the lyrics, "favorite" would probably not be the most appropriate adjective for his old school! :)

Close behind (or tied) would have to be Deacon Blues, Aja, FM and Chain Lightning . . .and Bodhisattva (I guess I could keep going)!

• Wow, i got so caught up in how you spell favorite that I wrote it two times, haha. Another perfect example that my english isen't to good ; )

You have good taste!

• MartijnP schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Sep. 2007, 15:05
    This is a though one as my favorite songs change from time to time, but my current top 3 would be:

King of the World
    Night by Night
    Glamour Profession

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Sep. 2007, 17:43
    I like ''The Caves Of Altamira''

• Even though Gaucho is my least favourite SD album (although still very good), the title track is probably my favourite 'Dan track ever - occasionally switching with 'Doctor Wu' and 'Rose Darling'.

hi
    • calefan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Sep. 2007, 5:29
    Oops forgot to mention Pretzel Logic and Don't Take Me Alive. It'd be a lot easier to mention the ones I don't like. What a consistently awesome band!

• Very difficult..

Parker's Band.

Daddy don't live in that New York City no more.

Glamour Profession.

Ah there's plenty more ..but I think the lyrics are particularily clever here.

• mjjm3000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Okt. 2007, 6:07
    I go through phases when listening to them. Recently I've become very enamored with "Razor Boy."

• calefan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Okt. 2007, 6:13
    Sorry to keep coming back with more, but I forgot to note the essential title track from "The Royal Scam" -- a timeless classic!!

• gophers79 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Okt. 2007, 4:55
    My Old School. My dad introduced it to me. It's just been in my blood for so long, and it always gives me a tingly feeling when I listen to it. Although, that can be said for a lot of the great Steely Dan songs (Deacon Blues, for one).

• Don_Diego schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Okt. 2007, 10:57
    I love "Josie", and not just because it was the first SD song I heard (except for the "Peg" sample on De La Soul's hit "Eye Know"). That song somehow encapsulates the world of Steely Dan for me. It's not quite rock, not quite jazz and not quite rhythm'n'blues. Plus, it's got the kind of artfully naughty lyrics only the Dan could get away with.

• jr2280 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mai. 2008, 2:53
    Peg.

Runner ups: Barrytown, Dirty Work, My Old School,Only A Fool Would Say That

• Benutzer
    • 25. Jul. 2011, 18:12
    Absolutely ADORE Deacon Blues. I guess it might not be their best, but it just strikes a chord with me.

• iconnian schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 28. Sep. 2011, 4:14

Any song from Aja

Love any song from Aja
    FM
    Reeling In The Years

• Benutzer
    • 12. Jun. 2012, 21:31
    Gotta be BODHISATTVA for me-The drive,the keyboards,the rythm section,even the clapping but above all the synched and counterpointed guitar work is of another level (Jeff Baxter I think). Rock/jazz/funk at it's very best by The Dandom.
    I'm not sure that lastfm have the original-scrobble it on Spotify or something for best effects.

• Deacon Blues

Gives me the vibe of driving through a big city at night.

• There are just way too many contestants for that title when it comes to the Dan... gonna play safe and go with "Peg".

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.