Last.fm Explorer

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Jan. 2011, 18:59

Last.fm Explorer

Hello,

A long time ago I wrote a site called Historical Charts to create charts for any timeframe you might want. It's been quietly successful so I've spent a while creating a new and improved version, which I've called Last.fm Explorer.

Interesting additions to the old formula at the moment are:
    • A few charts showing weekly playcounts and the like
    • Charts for favourite new artists (i.e. one's you'd not scrobbled before a particular date)
    • Information about your most extreme weeks (e.g. in August 2008 I scrobbled Fleet Foxes 276 times)

For the moment it's just artist data, nothing about albums or tracks. If that's your thing then troublewithdreams is still there (for a few months at least).

I think people'll like it. Any feedback any of you have would be really super.

Cheers

• Yseson schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2011, 20:24
    Cheers, I like.

Also yes, it takes a bit, and I am in the mood for a cup of Kaamba...or maybe Genmaicha... choices choices.

ennui & excited
    • C26000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Feb. 2011, 0:15
    I liked it! specially the Weekly Playcounts graph and the average :)

I just added it to the overview text

• Would you mind looking into this please?
    for my username (Erkan-Yilmaz) I get: Invalid username

last.fm tools: music soulmates, recommender for: bands, last.fm groups, trends, ...
    • salagadam schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Feb. 2011, 7:50
    great tool, i bookmarked your page.

maybe you can add an option to see our top daily scrobbles like top weekly charts. when we choose a year it shows top 10 weeks and top 10 days. maybe there can be a day chart like week charts

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2011, 18:03
    Erkan-Yilmaz said:
    Would you mind looking into this please?
    for my username (Erkan-Yilmaz) I get: Invalid username
    Sorted that.

salagadam said:
    maybe you can add an option to see our top daily scrobbles like top weekly charts. when we choose a year it shows top 10 weeks and top 10 days. maybe there can be a day chart like week charts
    If I get what you're asking that's not possible, it pulls in weekly data rather than each individual scrobble - I contemplated the latter but it simply means storing too much data.

• Thanks aradnuk!

last.fm tools: music soulmates, recommender for: bands, last.fm groups, trends, ...
    • rwitte schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 27. Feb. 2011, 11:24
    Erkan-Yilmaz said:
    Thanks aradnuk!

+1

• Nice!

Though, it seems to be including music I'd accidentally scrobbled, then deleted from my library...

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Mär. 2011, 9:58
    Interesting. If that's the case then it's because Last.fm are making it available through the Web API - all it's doing is asking for all of your weekly artist charts. If they're in there they'll be included.

• Mitya schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Apr. 2011, 2:52

Track data

Great tool, although what I'm really interested in is comparable track data, i.e. not the artist I played the most over a particular period but the track. Are you still considering adding that feature? Troublewithdreams isn't working (for me, at least - just says no data available for all time periods).

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Apr. 2011, 10:31
    Eventually. I'm in no great rush. I've disabled trouble's historical charts updating because it's using the same API key and I'd rather not break their request limit. I suppose if anybody is interested I could post the source, it's just a basic PHP program.

Oh and the source for Explorer is here: https://github.com/aradnuk/twothreefall.co.uk/tree/master/lastfmexplorer, it's a bit more involved but nothing too complicated.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Apr. 2011, 12:14

Play counts are not correctly calculated

Thank you for such a useful tool.
    Though, an error has occurred in my username "GlassFantasy ".
    The play counts are not correctly calculated and they are reflected only the first one week.
    http://twothreefall.co.uk/lastfmexplorer/user/GlassFantasy/

Of course, each weekly ranking is calculated correctly on last.fm website.

Would you mind looking into this?

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Apr. 2011, 15:54
    I'm not entirely sure why it went wrong, but in any case I visited the update page again and it pulled in your other two weeks. Thanks for the feedback!

• Bloopy schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 2. Mai. 2011, 2:30
    This is great. I have an idea for a chart or list you could add: Weekly Top Artists. Go through the weekly charts, take the top artist from each chart and count which artists top the most weeks. (You'd have to decide what to do if there's a tie. Maybe count both artists, as long as there were other artists scrobbled less times that week.)

I notice that incorrectly spelled artists and deleted plays are counted in some of the charts, but I guess there's not much you can do about it if Last.fm doesn't update our weekly charts retroactively.

• -FLC- schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Mai. 2011, 21:24
    Minor bug: "Invalid username" if username has any special characters (-+*/)

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Mai. 2011, 9:46
    It's because Last.fm changed their username policy several years after starting. The current registration form says Your username should be between 2 and 15 characters, begin with a letter and contain only letters, numbers, '_' or '-'.so you wouldn't be allowed that hypen and Mrs DNA wouldn't be allowed that space any more. In any case, it's fixed.

Any other usernames out there that don't fit their pattern?

Bloopy that's a good suggestion cheers. I've considered doing something similar in the past.

• Bloopy schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 7. Mai. 2011, 2:04
    aradnuk said:
    Any other usernames out there that don't fit their pattern?
    Usernames with dots, eg. kmfdm.net.nz

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Mai. 2011, 16:53
    Cheers.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2011, 8:50
    Thank you for the last correction but a similar problem occurs again.
    Data during the latest week(01/05/2011) is not added.
    http://twothreefall.co.uk/lastfmexplorer/user/GlassFantasy/

There may be a bug in my data, so could you delete all my data once?

• Really great tool, I'm using it frequently, but I noticed that the week from 17-23th October is completely skipped in my personal stats and from that point on the weekly stats show the stats of the week after. Is there anything you can do about it?

• Is your site gone?

I wanted to do some parsing, but your site isn't loading. Is it gone?

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Jan. 2012, 15:02

Re: Is your site gone?

It's still there! Here are your stats

kleinenfreunde, that should be fixed now.

Thanks for the feedback.

• olivier99 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Feb. 2012, 13:37

Update the statistics

Very nice work.

I have one question.
    How can I update my stats ?
    I've tried to and I still don't have the "FEBRUARY5th" but a friend has this week in his stats.

thanks

• aradnuk schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Feb. 2012, 16:08
    It should update automatically, I'll investigate when I have time. Cheers.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.