It's unfortunate a lot of SST Records releases had to move to other labels...

• Lambear schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Jan. 2007, 3:57

It's unfortunate a lot of SST Records releases had to move to other labels...

Such as Sonic Youth (they went to Geffen), Meat Puppets (Rykodisc), Dinosaur Jr (Merge). As long as we can still hear and appreciate them, that's all that matters, but it's regrettable that these bands had to pull their masters.

But I guess that's why Greg Ginn is a dick, right? :P

• IanCat87 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Aug. 2007, 7:22
    Yeah pretty much. I'm wondering when the Hüskers, the Minutemen, and Bad Brains will be able to get theirs. I think Hüsker Dü's SST records are in MAJOR need of remastering. You listen to Zen Arcade, and the guitar sounds kind of thin at times, and Greg's bass doesn't sound as up in the mix as it should be. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. But man, I wish they could get all the old stuff remastered. I wonder why Warner Bros. never picked them up. Maybe because they're a bunch of douche bags. I don't know.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Mär. 2009, 14:27
    I don't think it's unfortunate. Would you want someone to 'remaster' the Mona Lisa because Leonardo didn't have glow in the dark paint or something?

The originals are perfect as they are.

• I don't know, Husker Du really could use some remastering.

"I want my children to listen to people who fucking ROCKED! I don't care if they died in puddles of their own vomit! I want someone who plays from his fucking HEART!" -Bill Hicks
  • I think the SST Husker Du cds are fine as they are. That is what the 'Du sound like. No need for remastering.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.