>>> RASTAFARISM <<<

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Mai. 2007, 22:45

>>> RASTAFARISM <<<

It's all about the rasta faith...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bearbeitet von einem gelöschten Benutzer am 2. Feb. 2008, 9:16
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Mai. 2007, 22:49
    Snesrud said:
    Do any of you follow the Rastafari doctrines?

( rejection of modern society; one's own body is the true temple of God; Physical Immortality; Haile Selassie I = Jah, etc. )

*moved*

• more_love schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Mai. 2007, 15:49
    I can definately vibe with most rasta beliefs, a lot more so than most other religions.. but it still has to make sense to me...

i don't think i believe selassie I is jah per say, but definately a messenger... we are all divine, some are able to realize that in this life and some aren't.

rastafarianism speaks a lot of truth.

• more_love schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Mai. 2007, 15:50
    I can definately vibe with most rasta beliefs, a lot more so than most other religions.. but it still has to make sense to me...

i don't think i believe selassie I is jah per say, but definately a messenger... we are all divine, some are able to realize that in this life and some aren't.

rastafarianism speaks a lot of truth.

• LaDkO_420 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2007, 17:29
    Even though the subject is kind of old I'like to agree with more_love! There's so much truth, but as in every faith, something is wrong (even though I don't really know which part I strongly disagree at)!
    However Rastafari is a great appeal! The thing about it is that it's not a religion (there is no fixed dogma with priests and so on), it's a faith, a way of thinking and living! I personally agree and live much according to that, but I can't really say that I am faithfull and 100% convinced about Selassie! (und still to mention that amongst the first rastafaris there was strong racism against the white, so we can't talk about one united way of thinking and acting)

42O Culture affectin' ya...
    • Snesrud schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jan. 2008, 19:42
    There does not appear to be a lastFM group devoted entirely to Rastafarianism.

It would be an interesting experiment if we started one ourselves to see how it grows.

I'm sure we could all learn something from doing this.

• Love is the truth! I agree with many Rastas belives but not with everythin i dont agree that Selassie was a God at all anyway Rastafari gives us many good things! One Love!

"Never let the children cry!"
    "Until the colour of a man's skin Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes Me say War!"
    "Imagine all the people, living life in peace"
    "Hip-Hop doesnt divide us, but connects us!"
    • GucioChe schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Mär. 2008, 19:38
    But why Rasta don't see how many bad thinks Sellasie did ?
    Anyway Rasta philosophy can change the world and the human thinking. One Love :)

One Love Bracie I Siostro ! :))
    LEGALIZE IT!
  • Thats what i said Selassie wasnt a good person. When Bob was visitin Africa He didnt know why ppl dont like Selassie there (ive read bout this in some kind of book).

"Until the colour of a man's skin Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes Me say War!"
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Mär. 2008, 22:55
    You've read Catch A Fire by Timothy White?

:-)

• Hah bingo! Ure right :D

• I've also read "catch a fire" i love this book.

I think Selassie I.= Yah is for many Rastas the same like for the christian god is and I think everybody should believe in something because you can hold on this.

I also agree with many Rasta believes but the most important for me is to be myself and that I do what I want not that what my friends want me to do

Wenn Krieg die Antwort ist stellen wir die falschen Fragen
  • Have You ever read "Emperor" ? Yeah the most important think is to believe everybody shud have someone or sth in what he/she believes.

• no, i never read Emperor

• So I recommend Yuh this book its bout Selassie and its quite nice :)

• rummocas schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Aug. 2008, 5:48
    rastas believe is that every person originally come from africa.. and i belive that ;)

• thats not the only thing in which rastas believe, but it´s one of many,
    but in my eyes the most important thing for a rasta is to be yourself (to live like you want and do only these things you want to do and to have a beatifule life like it`s dignified to live.

• U really think they belive to "live like you want" ? and if some ppl want to do bad things its ok?

• Have you ever seen a bad Rasta???
    Most of the Rastas are pacifists and so it´s not in their mind to do bad things
    i meant with "live like they want" that they are a person like they want to be, and not persons which do only these things which are them told by other people

i meant it more tho have a own opinion

i don`t know how to expalin what i mean but i hope you understand what i mean with this

• Sizzla call himself as rasta and ppl found guns in his house do good ppl have weapons and good ppl dont say "bun chi chi man"? i know what u mean every1 wants to be free in 100%

• there always will be some people which are different in everything, and Sizzla is one of them.
    You can`t do much against this, but it`s e problem on earth which you not can fight against.
    You also can say that Sizzla is not a "real" rasta if you say a "real" rasta always have good intentions, but you can discuss hours, nearly weeks about such people, because that he says "bun chi chi man" was written in the Bible and so he will think that it`s right what he says...

• Yeah anyway ppl still can think talkin bout killin ppl never ll be right. Anyway i know what u want to say : ) Maybe i cant fight against such a thing but still i can hope that ppl change : )

• Roots

I believe there is one love. I found all this love through bob and sublime; i believe I am distend on a path. An if me gwan try and test some of the real religions I am going conscious. Forward and onward with a rude awakening like martin luther said, Yes we can, a change is coming. To see who is the real revolutionary. I understand we must fight. I wish to gain more roots with rasta and visit Jamaica. I live in south Florida and it in me backyard ya know?

gwan take me love and spread it. I love my dog, jah, but u-roy says to let god go and LET love stay. Cuz love will never leave you. Love is lovely. All you can do with love is give give give.

One love.
    kid.

• God doesnt leave his children. And right love is the most important thing as Bob said"give a little take a little give a little one more time yeah!" :)

• Benutzer
    • 15. Nov. 2008, 22:21

rastafarism.........

rastafarism is just another religion like other isms and kisims......:-) in which song bob marley sings about the isms and kisims ?? (maybe wrong spelling, sorry...:-))
    religion can't save us, can't save me and you! that's why bob marley became a christian at the end and was baptized. but you never know, WHEN WILL BE YOU LAST DAY!!!!!! so you better think NOW about Jah/God and Jesus Christ - Yeshua Adonai. it's not about religion(s), philosophies, ideology, churches or even sects and cults, but it is about RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ETERNAL FATHER, OUR JAH-CREATOR !!! i pray for every reader !!! love you, JAH BLESS YOU!

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.