Full line-up of the David Tibet curated Sunday 20th April at the Roadburn festival

• norecess schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jan. 2008, 10:00

Full line-up of the David Tibet curated Sunday 20th April at the Roadburn festival

The full line-up of the David Tibet curated Sunday 20th April at the Roadburn festival in Tilburg, the Netherlands is as follows: Æthenor, Baby Dee, Current 93, Om & Rickie Lee Jones.

David Tibet: "I am delighted and ecstatic to announce the full line-up of the artists playing at the day I was invited to curate at the Roadburn Festival. Appearing at the show will be: ÆTHENOR, BABY DEE, CURRENT 93, OM and RICKIE LEE JONES. I am so excited! And I am so happy!"

"I am honoured to include Æthenor in the line-up. I met Stephen O'Malley some years ago, and we became friends. I slowly became aware of how remarkable and extensive his work, and collaborative projects are. One of my favourites amongst them is Æthenor, comprising Stephen, Daniel O'Sullivan and Vincent de Roguin, whose brooding, primeval, dark alchemical epics are full of a ferocious intensity, sounding more like a starlit night being ripped open by lightning than a musical group. Æthenor will be joined by some very special guests, including Ulver vocalist, Kristoffer Rygg"

"I was introduced to Baby Dee's world and work some years ago by Antony, when he sent me a cassette tape with Baby Dee on one side. When she played with Marc Almond last year, I wrote this: "NYC titty bar dancer, church organist, accordionist, street-theatre tricycle-riding harpist, carnival side-show bilateral hermaphrodite, tree-worker, freak-show musician, an epiphanic at Anne Frank's house. I love Baby Dee's music more than I can say. I think that you will too."

"Al Cisneros and Chris Hakius were previously in Sleep, one of the most legendary and influential rock bands of the last 20 years. But with Om, Al and Chris have developed into perhaps the perfect group. Hypnotic, hidden, awesome, beautiful, terrifying, endlessly evolving, changing and changeless, a pilgrimage. I have been lucky enough to work with them before, and every time is more elemental than the last. Om: perhaps my favourite group ever!"

"Rickie Lee Jones is an artist of profound lyrical and musical power, and her album "The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard" easily ranks as one of my favourite albums ever. Returning to her earlier albums in 2007, after a hiatus of almost 25 years, I was mesmerised by the stark beauty of her work, and determined to invite her to the day I am curating at Roadburn, eager to have her perform to audiences who may never have been lucky enough to come across her music before. To anyone who hasn't heard Rickie Lee Jones yet, I envy the discovery that awaits you. And those who have heard her will know just how magical and transforming her live appearances are. Thank you Rickie Lee."

Founded in 1982 by David Tibet, Current 93 has created a highly personal musical and æsthetic entity over 23 years, subliminal and dramatic, an opulent and complex music made of psychedelic Coptic jazz, distorted folk memories, apocalyptic ballads, gothic chorals, nursery rhymes and Roman electronics. Tibet's musical influences are wildly diverse, ranging from psychedelic rock bands from Ramases to Patripassian, from Gregorian Chant to Sahidic Threnodies.

For more details, and to purchase tickets, go here:
    http://www.roadburn.com/frames.html

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Jan. 2008, 19:39
    Does anyone know if Rose McDowall performs with C93 nowadays?

• GIRA1971 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Feb. 2008, 16:40
    No, Rose McDowell is not part of the line-up.

• GIRA1971 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Feb. 2008, 16:40
    And sadly:

OM WITHDRAW FROM LONDON AND NETHERLANDS SHOWS WITH CURRENT 93 "Om have regretfully had to pull out of the Roadburn/QEH shows that they were playing with Current 93 due to the sudden and unexpected departure of Om's drummer, Chris Hakius, from the group. Al Cisneros of Om and David Tibet of Current 93 are very saddened to announce this, but it was beyond their control."

• Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2008, 4:46
    I didn't think so (about Rose) but thanks for confirming it. Would have loved to see (and hear) her but the main thing is that David Tibet will be there ;)

I was looking forward to seeing OM but at least it's good to hear that Al is looking to continue the band with a new drummer. A shame I'll never see Hakius though. :(

Will the gap OM left be filled with another band or longer sets or something? Too soon to tell I'm guessing?

• Benutzer
    • 4. Feb. 2008, 19:32
    Answering my own question: Skitliv

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.