Musical Neighbourhood

• Musical Neighbourhood

This new Playground feature is awesome!

I can't quite figure out how the recommended artists are ordered though.

• gamboviol schrieb...
    • Alumni
    • 14. Apr. 2010, 12:57
    The position of an artist in the neighbourhood recommendations depends on how many of your neighbours listen to that artist, and how compatible that artist is with your previous scrobbles. So if lots of your neighbours listen to an artist that's very similar to lots of artists you've listened to before then it will figure high up in your neighbourhood recommendations. If not so many of your neighbours listen, or if it's not quite so similar to your scrobbled artists, or only similar to a few of them, then it will come lower down. Hope that helps a bit!

• michalboo schrieb...
    • Event Moderator
    • 15. Apr. 2010, 9:20
    This doesn't seem to be working for me as of today: (503 Service Unavailable on http://playground.last.fm/demo/neighbourhood)

• what's the point of having neighbours with no shared artists?

hi there.
    First I’ld say I love last.fm, I’m totally addicted to this great site.
    I’ld just want to ask a question. I’ve been using last.fm for about 2 years, and if most of the time I got my 50 neighbours with shared artists, sometimes, like now for one week, I got only 2 neighbours (I did'nt listen anything particulary 'unknown'). I don’t understand how that’s possible, I’m pretty eclectic in my listening but still, there must be loads of people in the same situation. It’s very frustrating to check the neighbours page and see only 2 names. Even better, this morning, when I checked, I had 4 neighbours, yeah! but 2 of them had not even one shared artist with me. What’s the point of this?

• Is Neighbours finished?

This was one of the features I liked best of Last FM, it looks like it's basically been phased out, is that right?

Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this.
    • JesperRx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2011, 17:03
    It was a good feature and helped finding new interesting bands. It's a pity if the feature has been totally phased out (

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.