Pandora broke us

• Gabek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jul. 2011, 12:47

Pandora broke us

Given we've had complete support (and encouragement) from Pandora for many years they look to have made a simple change that have broken PandoraFM without notice.

Now any time you load pandora.com from within a frame (as PandoraFM does) they redirect your browser from out of the frame to regular ol' Pandora.com. This must be in preperation for their new site launch (that may or may not break PandoraFM anyway).

http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/12/new-pandora/

I'll see if I can reach out to someone at Pandora and get things cleared up, but I'm going to wait until the actual launch of the new Pandora this week to see if their API is even live, since that would be two major issues instead of just this one.

Thanks everyone.
    -Gabe

• josta59 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jul. 2011, 14:12
    Oh, thanks Gabe! Please disregard the e-mail I just sent you asking about this. Glad you're on top of it!

• Yeah, bummer. I put a note up on the http://lastpandora.com homepage about it with a link to an alternative service.

• Thanks, Gabe

• josta59 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2011, 14:19
    mikeman! I just signed up for Like.fm and connected it to Last.fm, and it's already working! I never knew about this. Thanks so much, man!

• Gabek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Jul. 2011, 19:19
    Looks like Pandora backtracked, all is working again. Though I'm curious what will happen with the new all HTML5 version of Pandora. But for now, all looks happy!

• Yay! thanks for the update. I love this scrobbler.

• DaMaceMan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Aug. 2011, 17:27

HTML5 Preview = </3

Looks like clicking on the HTML5 preview for Pandora One users currently redirects to a new session.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Probably it's a necessary evil of offering the preview, and hopefully it will go away once the (totally awesome) HTML5 version is public.

• Gabek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Sep. 2011, 13:30

I just logged into the HTML5 Pandora for the first time

I guess it's out of preview status now... but sure enough, it kicks you out of the frames and to a new page. Sad :(

• so this is it? no more pandoraFM? :(

• bladeswin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Sep. 2011, 16:47

:(

Here's hoping that eventually there will be a way to scrobble to last.fm from Pandora...

• what? no scrobble??!

ugh... Pandora... why oh why did you change again?

• Thoroughly Upset

WHY WHY WHY

devonevoabevon.livejournal.com
    • r-traut schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Sep. 2011, 18:21

Thoroughly Upset (2)

CRRRRRAAAAAP!!!!!

Like 2 lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

• Gabek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Sep. 2011, 14:05
    I have an email out to an engineer at Pandora, here's hoping!

• Gabek schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Sep. 2011, 20:40

PandoraFM sees another day

Somehow PandoraFM has received a stay of execution. This little site that's five years old, and for some reason you all still use, is back and usable again :)

There is a catch!

You must open Pandora.com in a separate window or tab. It can no longer open within a frame in the same window as the PandoraFM controls. Hopefully this should be a small price to pay if scrobbling Pandora via PandoraFM is something you want to continue to do.

The details:
    I discussed with an engineer at Pandora and he said the frame busting wasn't put in to break us, and they didn't even think of it. The same method of passing track information from Pandora will continue to be used and it can work in different browser windows or tabs without issue.

If you want to thank someone, thank @neilmix at Pandora. He doesn't seem to use his Twitter anymore, but some day maybe he'll notice :)

Enjoy!

• bladeswin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Sep. 2011, 14:11
    Thanks! I use the Firefox plugin at home, but can't install anything on my work laptop, so your tool helps me scrobble at work!

• Thanks, Gabek!
    I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't be able to figure it out... but I just used the link I had posted on my profile (that's how I always got in before)... and you've already changed the set-up.
    I had just renewed my pandora one in July and their new update made me kind of cranky instead of thrilled. Now? I am thrilled again. : )

• Re: PandoraFM sees another day

Gabek said:
    Somehow PandoraFM has received a stay of execution. This little site that's five years old, and for some reason you all still use, is back and usable again :)

There is a catch!

You must open Pandora.com in a separate window or tab. It can no longer open within a frame in the same window as the PandoraFM controls. Hopefully this should be a small price to pay if scrobbling Pandora via PandoraFM is something you want to continue to do.

The details:
    I discussed with an engineer at Pandora and he said the frame busting wasn't put in to break us, and they didn't even think of it. The same method of passing track information from Pandora will continue to be used and it can work in different browser windows or tabs without issue.

If you want to thank someone, thank @neilmix at Pandora. He doesn't seem to use his Twitter anymore, but some day maybe he'll notice :)

Enjoy!

Hi,

Are you able to implement the settings/options that were available before the pandora update, but are no longer available to us users? Btw, I have enjoyed pandoraFM through the many years particularly because of the options it presented concerning scrobbling, thanks again.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.