Foreign Language Post Punk

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Apr. 2010, 9:20

Spanish Post Punk

Carmina Burana (sounds like Bauhaus)
    Los Bichos (Television, Scientists..)
    Mar Otra Vez (Contortions)
    El Desván del Macho (The Stranglers, Killing Joke)

• Soviet Post Punk

Soviet Union's music in the end of 80s had a very strong post punk influence. I want to tell you something about most popular and interest groups
    Sorry for my English :)
    Kino (Кино) is the one of the most popular soviet bands at all. It was an acoustic duet in the beginnig, but then band leader Victor Tsoy changed band genre to Duran Duran-like new romantic, and then, in 1988, Kino recorded Gruppa Krovi (Группа Крови) album, that was a first album of their "post-punk epoch". Band became popular, but broke up after Victor Tsoy's death in the summer of 1990.
    Zvuki Mu (Звуки Му). The style of this band is the conluence of post punk, russian folklore and another influnces. The peculiarity of band's style is the contrast between cold music and emotional vocal and stage behavior of band's leader Petr Mamonov. Band broke up in 1990, then recorded album Grubiy Zakat (Грубый Закат) and became the Mamonov studio experimental band, recorded albums with lo-fi influence
    Petlya Nesterova (Петля Нестерова) - one of the first goth-oriented groups, recorded one album Kto Zdes? (Кто Здесь?) and broke up after attempt of recording second album
    Rabbota Kho (Раббота Хо) - post punk band from Kiev, member of musical movement called "Rok-artel". Band has only one album - Repetitsiya bez orkestra (Репетиция без оркестра). Music of band is complicated and art rock inflenced

This account is divided by zero
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2010, 10:12

Some Swedish Post-Punk on Spotify

Other people have already mentioned most of the notable Swedish post-punk bands, so I won’t repeat their lists.

However, I’ve put together a Spotify playlist with what few albums were available. The more obscure bands are—regrettably—not represented.

(Also: I’d like to apologize in advance to those of you living in countries where you cannot access these songs. Blame the record companies.)

http://open.spotify.com/user/dan_algstrand/playlist/3GIi6Gh9xtlYkUiDvErYS9

Edit: I’ve limited the playlist to only include albums released before 1984.

• dushkin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2010, 17:38

Re: Some Swedish Post-Punk on Spotify

Algstrand said:
    Other people have already mentioned most of the notable Swedish post-punk bands, so I won’t repeat their lists.

However, I’ve put together a Spotify playlist with what few albums were available. The more obscure bands are—regrettably—not represented.

(Also: I’d like to apologize in advance to those of you living in countries where you cannot access these songs. Blame the record companies.)

http://open.spotify.com/user/dan_algstrand/playlist/3GIi6Gh9xtlYkUiDvErYS9

Edit: I’ve limited the playlist to only include albums released before 1984.

Anything that's not on spotify for us filthy foreigners? :(

• Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2010, 22:13

Re: Re: Some Swedish Post-Punk on Spotify

dushkin said:
    Anything that's not on spotify for us filthy foreigners? :(

Well … I don’t know how helpful this is, but here are last.fm-links to the bands and albums on the list (those I could find here at last.fm at any rate):

Lustans Lakejer
    Lustans Lakejer
    Uppdrag i Genève
    En plats i solen

Imperiet
    Rasera + Mini LP

Reeperbahn
    Reeperbahn
    Venuspassagen
    Peepshow
    Intriger

Dom dummaste
    Lars Cleveman, Martin Rössel & Dom Dummaste
    Sympati för djävulen
    Revolverkäke

Tant Strul
    Amason
    Jag önskar dig

• Benutzer
    • 17. Jul. 2010, 20:04

Find Tödliche Doris Downloads here

• rogier96 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Sep. 2010, 8:39
    englisch en a bit Dutch

• Foreign Language Post Punk

...from a former member of "$chwarzer Freitag" listen now to:

the boy called hedge

• Blackett7 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Sep. 2010, 4:51
    I'm surprised German Punk/New Wave/Post Punk/Electronica pioneering luminary Nena hasn't been mentioned yet. A career spanning near 30 years, and she's still putting out solid, provoking material every year.

• Steinus schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Okt. 2010, 16:16

Norwegian Post-Punk

There's an album called "maskindans - norsk synth 1980 - 1988" released in 2009 on Hommage records which is absolutely brilliant. Lots of old lost jewels basically unheard since the 80s. It's a double cd containing over 40 tracks all in all. You get a booklet with the album containing information about all of the bands in both Norwegian and English. I can't repeat how much of a gem this album really is...

• jaoui schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Okt. 2010, 23:45

Re: Norwegian Post-Punk

Steinus said:
    There's an album called "maskindans - norsk synth 1980 - 1988" released in 2009 on Hommage records which is absolutely brilliant. Lots of old lost jewels basically unheard since the 80s. It's a double cd containing over 40 tracks all in all. You get a booklet with the album containing information about all of the bands in both Norwegian and English. I can't repeat how much of a gem this album really is...

Tnx for the info, definitely gonna try and track it down, remember most of those bands from back then... And you're spot on, most of it is dead obscure, but interesting nonetheless...

• Benutzer
    • 27. Okt. 2010, 15:41
    Zvuki Mu and Alien Pat. Holman, good russian post-punk (APH are a bit later)

• Venezuelan postpunk

Venezuelan postpunk bands from the 80´s

Sentimiento Muerto (their style is similar to the Cure , postpunk/dark pop)

La Seguridad Nacional (postpunk/punk band) interesting songs "Uñas Asesinas"
    "Danza de los Demonios"

El Enano de la Catedral (postpunk band) interesting songs "Chirere"

Zapato3 (postpunk/gothrock) the first and second album are postpunk, the other albums are more alternative rock

Culto Oculto (postpunk/NoWave/Experimental) band influenced by :James chance, Teenage jesus and the jerks, Residents, Mar otra vez.

Radio Clip their first album from 1988 is very NEW WAVE/postpunk, new romantic sound

this bands are from the 80´s

• Madrid, Spain

obviously minimal wave, just wanted to share this great video!

• Greek Post - Punk

Some great Greek Post- punk bands you all should check out, namely Metro Decay, Clown, Yell-O-Yell, Headleaders, The Reporters, Villa 21, Art Of Parties, all brilliant bands!!!

• D5FA schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Nov. 2010, 19:15

ICELAND

Hi, not sure if this has been mentioned but I recommend an album called Northern Lights Playhouse, featuring several Icelandic post-punk bands including Þeyr, Utangarðsmenn, taugadeildin, Purrkur Pillnikk, Fræbbblarnir and Megas. I found it after seeing Purrkur Pillnikk on a documentary on the Icelandic history of popular music (alas I can't mind the name sorry).

"I don't normally like tomatoes, John, but this is delicious!"
    • rinkashi schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Dez. 2010, 14:47
    "dead skeletons" from Iceland is a wonderful band , it doesn't hit the poor bats though being mainly focused on psychedelia... everyone is welcome to follow the link and check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyrOGRxF0E

every season has an end (c)
    • adastra_d schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2011, 10:31

Japanese Post-Punk and New Wave

V.A. - GET THE PUNK - J PUNK & NEW WAVE (1972~1991)-
    A boxed set containing 80 tracks/80 bands.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=TECN-63881

• any french coldwave comps ... GET'EM!!!! It's all amazing!! A simple youtube search of French Coldwave is a landmine of greatness!!!

• I would recommend to anyone Siekiera, a polish punk and later dark post-punk band, start with the song Nowa Aleksandria, it's on the homonym album from their darker era.

• oh and greek metro decay!

among others

• Re: Spanish Post Punk

DECIMAS VICTIMAS, SERES VACIOS!!

• Demedro schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Dez. 2011, 17:56
    Polaron (Ukraine)

• dagas_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Mai. 2012, 13:26

Post Punk - from Panama

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.