What's turning you on ATM?

• geemarcus schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Jun. 2010, 21:10

What's turning you on ATM?

That's what a mistress is meant to do, isn't it? Here's what I've been really into lately:

Helium Sunset
    Live version of Helium Sunset
    Goi, Rode, Goi!
    Blood Death Ivory particularly the track Skinny Little Bitch
    Scenes from Hell
    Farewell
    Pandemonium
    The Work Which Transforms God

• p666nz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jun. 2010, 12:43
    Liking what I hear there and an excellent question! Check out An Pierlé and beautiful voice.

So for me at the moment would have to start with Rome and their latest release Nos Chants Perdus. And my personnal stand out tracks are Les Isles Noires and Sous La Dague.

Crippled Black Phoenix and song Burnt Reynolds is breath taking and even the fucked up carnival music at the end has grown on me. My personnal favourite underground super group, with Mogwai and Electric Wizard. Strange combination but they pull it off.

I totally agree on Arkona since you have introduced them to me and yet to establish a favourite, as I am still working from their free wedsite tracks.

Still can't get sick of Shining's last album BLACKJAZZ, modern classic.

Have been obsessed with Anaal Nathrakh and after seeing them live, still can't get enough of the entire Hell Is Empty, and All the Devils Are Here album.

And could continue but as we are all music obsessive, hence the creation of this group by Marcus I'll stop after this one.

And it is Philip Glass and I can't pick a point but everywhere the needle lands on is superb, including the colibrations and for me my favourite is with Ravi Shankar and the album Passages and song Channels and Winds.

For now the end.....

• geemarcus schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jun. 2010, 20:09
    I've been listening to a bit of Rome myself, either due to your scrobbles or Lady Lunacy's. And another thing I've been listening to quite a lot of which I probably saw you'd scrobbled was Kronos Quartet's recording of Phil Glass' score for the original Universal film of Dracula. Awesome score, I can't believe I wasn't aware of it before, thanks!

I'm going to have to check out Anaal Nathrakh.

• I have mostly been obsessing over a bunch of high-quality vinyl rips I've made lately.

Krallice - s/t
    Krallice - Dimensional Bleedthrough
    Blut aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta II: Dialogue with the Stars
    The Chasm - Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm

I don't know if it's possible to overstate how much better DVD-audio quality music sounds than CDs. Especially when you consider that vinyl also usually gets rid of the volume compression that plagues most CDs lately.

Other than that,

Ash Borer - s/t
    Fell Voices - s/t (both releases)
    Dispirit - Rehearsal at Obroten (John Gossard playing black metal again is pretty much guaranteed awesome)

and Panopticon, as usual. I'm going to be ordering Blackjazz on vinyl shortly and I'll probably obsess over that again with renewed enthusiasm once my copy of that comes in.

• p666nz schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jun. 2010, 21:38
    You can't beat Rome they really are amazing. I can't claim introducing you to Romebecause it was Lady Lunacy who introduced me and I've been hooked ever since. I actually started to explore the whole and from there, which I had only brushed the surface of.
    With Philip Glass I've be listening to Glass Box: A Nonesuch Retrospective and can't recommend it enough. It has all of his great works from film scores to symphonies and Opera's all in one collection.

Hi Cassandra-Leo,
    Krallice is a band I've heard a lot of great things about and will have to check them out. You have mentioned several artist that are not on my radar and I'll be take a tour of your library and loved tracks shortly.
    I am a vinyl lover myself and afraid my collection has stalled of late and looking forward to re-invigorating it soon and I definitely think BLACKJAZZ could be a savage place to start.

• Hi everyone, just a quick recommendation from me :)

For fans of neofolk and pagan music, check out Wardruna, it's a side project of Gaahl (formerly of Gorgoroth). Let me know what you think!

I'll try to make future posts more metal related ;P

• geemarcus schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2010, 19:51

Wardruna

Wardruna...listened to some tracks on YouTube. Great Recommendation!

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.