How did you get a mac

• ABJones schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Okt. 2007, 16:21

How did you get a mac

I was curious to how everybody got a mac.
    Me and my ex boyfriend ended up wandering in the the apple store and saw the Imacs. He decided he wanted one for music. After we got home he liked it for a total of five minuets. Since I lost my computer due to a miss understanding back in California It became my computer. The more I used it the more I loved it. Anytime his computer crashes i rub it in

Twang quality controller consultant and residential Wallflowers expert at
    • floort schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Okt. 2007, 21:10

How I got my PowerBook

A little over two years ago I was preparing to go to university. I was using an old grey desktop pc I got from my grandfather after he bought a new one. I decided I was going to need a decent computer. I started using Linux a few years before that. I knew one thing: I didn't want Windows. I would rather spend an hour each day fiddling with my Linux configuration than using Windows.
    Slowly I began realizing there where other options and a Mac was an attractive one. I started reading and discovered a few key facts: UNIX under the hood yet still easy to maintain. I went to a local retail store that had Mac's on display and started playing with them. And sure enough: when I found Terminal.app I was sold. I had a friend who was in a similar situation (we still do courses together) and we went out and we each bought a shiny new PowerBook G4 12". It was the most expensive purchase I had ever made, but it was worth every euro.

• Anhaedra schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Okt. 2007, 20:46
    At school I used a Power Mac 5500, and I've loved them ever since. :P

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Okt. 2007, 0:33
    My old PC laptop's power supply cord had frayed, and it was sparking and a potential fire hazard. One night my house almost burnt down due to this power cord, so I figured it was a sign that I deserve a ridiculously priced new Apple laptop.

And here I am.. with my Macbook Pro.

• rtreynor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Okt. 2007, 18:11
    I got a Mac SE in 1988 since most MIDI software was available on the Mac only. And I've kinda been stuck in the Apple market ever since.

• pikkie01 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Okt. 2007, 2:32
    Since I was in elementary I have always used Macs. My schools mostly had only Macs for use. I got used to them, and using Windows made me die a little inside. So, naturally, I bought a MacBook Pro. :]

-Franky
    • DWizzy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Okt. 2007, 9:17
    One boring class I decided I needed a laptop to take notes directly so I wouldn't misplace them anymore. I visited some stores and decided a Powerbook wasn't really that expensive, it would be fun to learn and so I ordered an old model.

• currra schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Okt. 2007, 0:55
    My XP crashed and caught viruses so easily. Had enough and went out and bought a MacBook. Been together for a year now. All's well.

• I was vacationing in Chicago and I was sooo tired of the computer I'd gotten for Christmas eight months earlier (it was a HP laptop), so I bought my first-ever Mac, a white MacBook. And I love it soo much! <3<3 Call it Mackie :P

Don't think I have a forum signature at the moment. How incredibly cocky. Tihi, tihi, tihi.
    • zaffle schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Apr. 2008, 22:37
    my dad brought home an LCIII when i was 8.

LCIII > PowerPC > Graphite iMac SE > eMac > iMac G5 > MacBook.

in that time i've had one pc which is a necessity due to my choice of degree.

• zaffle said:
    my dad brought home an LCIII when i was 8.

LCIII > PowerPC > Graphite iMac SE > eMac > iMac G5 > MacBook.

in that time i've had one pc which is a necessity due to my choice of degree.

So is it hard for you to use a PC? Considering the fact you've used Macs for such a long time.

Don't think I have a forum signature at the moment. How incredibly cocky. Tihi, tihi, tihi.
    • zaffle schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Apr. 2008, 23:16
    ehhh, not really. i pick stuff up quickly and i'm a bit of a geek, so now i can easily switch between the two. besides at school we had compulsory "computing skills" classes so i had to know my way around windows eventually.

• I picked up a used Powerbook G4 on eBay for about 400 bucks... a few weeks later my employer gave me a PowerMac G4 (dual 1.4, 2GBRAM) - it rocks.

Drooling over the new MacBooks but I'm happy with what I've got - for now :)

• tsw630 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Apr. 2008, 17:03
    My first was a Mac SE30. I switched when the IBM PSII ate my Master's Thesis during a backup operation. This IBM was one of the first with the 3.5" floppy drives. Had 2 of them, and the process of system disk/program disk/data disk switching was a nightmare. No real hard drive for storage. Retyped my thesis (had a hard copy at least) on a Mac, never looked back.

• Benutzer
    • 10. Apr. 2008, 4:47

How i got my Macs

About a year ago, I was bored an just bought an old PowerMac G4 for 100€ on ebay. I don't regret it, when my laptop commited suicide a few weeks ago I just went and got myself a MacBook Pro. The only thing I miss is Amarok, but i guess that'll be available for Leopard soon.

• I was 10 years old (1990) and my Dad got a Mac SE. Old Skool.

• hcram schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Apr. 2008, 4:08
    At the start of the year i was getting ready to go to uni, and i already has a shitty laptop with vista on it, but it crashed like 5 times, so i chucked it and got myself a macbook! love it to bits, can't wait for my desktop to die on me now so i can get an iMac =D never ever going back to windoze

• Nizumzen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Apr. 2008, 23:31
    Pretty much the same as everyone else. My Dad got a Mac when I was 7.

I actually had a PC though from when I was 12 - 21 though. Switched back when the Mac Pro came out in 2006.

• matsofos schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2008, 19:37
    In my university whole people use to linux, but i want other system stable, but too i want some laptop with good design, and i saw the ibook, ufff for me was a surprised cause was very nice, ok, i saved money when i had the money Apple made the macbook, and i wanted the macbook too, and i bougth my macbook, but i remember the my first time with some computer was with a macintosh 2 or apple lisa, ok, i was 7 years old when i saw it. but since moment macintosh let me surprised. and Now i have my laptop for almost two years. is amazin. and now too i have a ipod. For me apple is design, functionality, pleasant enveiroment and many things more.

• My godmother bought me one..

i inhaled now i'm addicted ♥
    • yugenro schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Apr. 2008, 3:11

Music Course in College

Back in 1989, I took Dr. Norm Weinberg's Electronic Percussion class at Del Mar College in Corpus Christi, TX. He had a Mac Classic running MOTU Performer as the center of his studio. I was hooked.

• Luparian schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Apr. 2008, 16:38
    I needed to use CAD software for college, but when I installed it on my old computer, this one almost melts down. So I decided to buy a Mac.

• i convinced my mother to buy me one because it would be "beneficial to my learning experience" and "that i'd use it for homework."

• Expo schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jul. 2008, 13:41
    I was getting pissed off and tired of my shitty Windows PC. I saved up enough money and bought an Intel Core Duo 17" iMac (and AppleCare). It was fantastic until...

A few years later, it started getting lines. TONSSSSSSS and tons of lines all over the screen. 3 months of tech service didn't fix a damn thing. My tech told me to call Apple and see if they'd just give me a new unit. After 2 hours on the phone, they agreed that I deserved a new iMac free of charge (because I had AppleCare).

So now I have an Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac. Oh, and of course I purchased Applecare for it. You never know...

:D

• Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2008, 22:44
    i went to store.apple.com and clicked Add to Cart :D

Bearbeitet von einem gelöschten Benutzer am 29. Nov. 2009, 5:59
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.