Sell out bands

• grivlet schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Mai. 2005, 5:25

Sell out bands

who has had enough of bands selling out to the MTV "glamour"??

post up your feelings about MTV sell outs!!!

• grrrr, they make me mad

• grivlet schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Jun. 2005, 5:42

yeah...

i dont even watch tv much, but holy shit, i saw the used on there?!?!? wtf?

that just ruined that band for me... its riddiculious

• Greeeeenday.

They suck. I used to like them, back when Warning came out, and I bought their CD... got old after listening to it like two times. And now I hate them even more.

Millions of peaches, peaches for me.
    • grivlet schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Sep. 2005, 3:58

YEAH!

My Chemical Romance....

i remember when i saw their album in hottopic, and i decided i'd download a few songs ~ no one else new about them... now...

!!!SELL OUTS!!!

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Okt. 2005, 2:59
    Metallica, obviously

Their new album really sucks compared to their really old stuff.

Bearbeitet von einem gelöschten Benutzer am 27. Okt. 2005, 2:59

Modest Mouse.

• Benutzer
    • 28. Nov. 2005, 19:43
    Dragonforce has recently signed up on Roadrunner Records :-(

This angers me!

• more fans = more money

sadly, being an underground type band doesn't pay the bills I guess, though making music should come first.

• [spam]

[spam]

THX 4 THE SIGGY LOREN ILU4EVR SWETUMZ <3

hi :)
    Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 3. Jan. 2011, 13:05
  • [spam]

[spam]

THX 4 THE SIGGY LOREN ILU4EVR SWETUMZ <3

hi :)
    Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 3. Jan. 2011, 13:05
  • the who sell out?

I think you guys would be surprised at just how impossible it is to be big in music without selling out. And I'd like to throw in that MTV probably has very little to do with an artists decision to do it.
    You probably haven't been paying too much attention to car commercials over the past years (why the hell would you?) but if you have been, you'd notice things like every Cadillac commercial is accompanied by Led Zeppelin rocking hard in the background (Led's making big money to let Caddy use their songs anytime they want).
    Cat Power performed the music for that one Cingular commercial where the guy's sweating a call from a girl he dates at the commercials start (been on especially lately). Led and Cat Power both=awesome, and Ive never seen either on MTV...but, sorry, they're both sell outs.
    And if you want to be painfully obvious, how about Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc. for the itunes/ipod commercials? Gorillaz are practically getting paid to advertise themselves, since itunes is a music store. Selling out is what musicians do, and I'm cool with it as long as the music stays funky fresh.
    bottom line:
    I'm still listening, I'm still not paying for it, artists are still getting rich, and MTV still sucks.

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!" -Bob Marley
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Dez. 2005, 3:18
    Rich? Hardly what they make from CD sales from major labels usually take most of it. Fuck RIAA

• Even though My Chemical Romance sold out, they're one of the few mainstream bands I still like.

Fall Out Boy completely sold out -_-

I hope Avenged Sevenfold doesn't sell out but it looks like they already kinda have...

I need sanctuary in the pages of this book..
    • Jc1990 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jan. 2006, 23:02
    Green Day, as thechickennuggt said, many Pop-Punk bands like Good Charlotte, Yellowcard, etc. ;p

• nickvb schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2006, 12:58
    Green Day!

• AFX is very weird, we know that. But it's good for his music not to be mainstream.
    I think there's tones of bands most seen on MTV,that I hate.
    I'm from Romania. MTV Romania is, probably, the lowest quality MTV in the whole world, I guess...
    I'm so angry, when I see how many quality bands aren't being seen on MTV, but everyday you see tons of 50 Cent clones!
    I hate very much commercial videos, and that's why I've played so many times ZenTV DVD. Because that stuff really rules!

The Trip-Hop Master, Music Advice Center. Take a look at it.
    • i_am_mech schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Feb. 2006, 23:23
    avenged sevenfold was really cool with me, but not so much anymore because they were on TRL. and greenday used to be okay same with SOAD but now both bands suck. i used to be able to go "you ever heard of system of a down?" and they would say no!!! things change i guess. if i ever make a band that is actually good, im not gonna sell out, just get big enough to make a living off it ;)

• Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2006, 2:00
    Define 'sell out' please? Is it:

a) having your songs played on MTV/major radio stations
    b) starting to record songs that cater to MTV/major radio stations

a) and b) have some things in common (they both result in MTV/major radio stations playing your songs), however a) is commendable and b) is despisable.
    There's really a need for distinquishing of these two...

• I think 'selling out' has more to do with the actually music being played, not where or what venue it's being listened to.

Shan
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Feb. 2006, 10:52
    So band records an album on indie label and has no airplay. You listen to it, and like it -- this is some good music!
    They sign to major label and re-release the CD and get airplay. Now they're 'sellouts', and their music sucks?

• Exactly. We can't label them as 'sell-outs' just for getting their music out there. Some people expect bands to play in a garage forever. It's silly.

Shan
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2006, 16:37
    Grivlet, I don't get it. You saw MCR records in Hot Topic (!!) and then 'discover' they're on MTV and label them sell-outs. Um... If their albums are for sale in Hot Topic, that should ring a few alarm bells on itself, I'd say.

And I'm not even going to start on HIM being at the top of your charts...

• hardly any american places even play any of the bands i listen to since japanese arent in the "mainstream" and just mostly in the anime crowd lol

• Re:

Quoth EndofNothing:
    Even though My Chemical Romance sold out, they're one of the few mainstream bands I still like.

Fall Out Boy completely sold out -_-

I hope Avenged Sevenfold doesn't sell out but it looks like they already kinda have...

I guess someone forgot to send you the memo that Avenged Sevenfold sucks ass, whether they sold out or not.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.