The worst song

• Margottte schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Okt. 2007, 10:27
    I don't like (but not hate) all of the 3 last albums. Except maybe "Achilles Las Stand" and " In the Evening" and also "Hats off to (Roy) Harper" and "Night Flight": I just can't listen to them.

and don't forget: ...Led Zeppelin rules !
    • Du-Hi schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Okt. 2007, 22:59
    Some songs just need patience to understand. But there are no "worst" songs when we talk about Zeppelin. To be honest when i started listening to LZ i hated achilles... i couldnt see what this song was all about... Now i have all possible records of the song and can tell you its probabbly the best Rock song of all times

• _Tarkus_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Okt. 2007, 3:02
    I agree. I'm not a big fan of D'yer Mak'er, especially since it was the biggest hit, though probably the worst song, off of arguably my favorite LZ album.

But having said that, I still don't hate it, and can get into it when the mood strikes me. They pretty much have no bad songs to my ears.

• darren86 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Dez. 2007, 14:06
    Hats Of To Roy Harper
    Ten Years Gone
    Tea For One
    Moby Dick

• _Tarkus_ said:
    Yurko said:
    To me, it's The Crunge. I still don't understand what the fuck it is.

By, the way, I really like Dy'er Mak'er, which is hated by many LZ fans.

I love The Crunge, but hate D'yer Mak'er. Well, I don't hate it, but it's certainly one of my least favorite LZ tracks.

^^ D'Yer Maker's got a cool guitar.

zep-addict said:
    well, there are songs i absolutely LOVE
    and songs i think are good, okay, and songs I'd rather not listen to too much. but there is only 1 song i HATE

and thats:
    Hats Off To (Roy) Harper

^^ I just think that it is... funny.

Ramez05 said:
    Dancing Days

doesnt even sound like a led zeppelin song.

Yeah, well... I think it's still... kind of good. I can't say that I love it, but it's not that bad.

imagoldengod75 said:
    i don't really hate any of led zeppelin's songs. i think that's what makes them the best band to ever walk this earth...no matter what they did it was better than whatever anyone else did. there are a few songs i listen to less than others. i don't like sick again and hats off to roy harper. idk what everyone's problem with the crunge is...and i'm happy to see no one said carouselambra because i actually like that song. i like d'yer mak'er,too. by the way...to that guy that said dancing days doesn't sound like zeppelin...i think that's another thing that makes zeppelin amazing, they don't have a set sound. there are so many different genres represented. d'yer mak'er, kashmir, you shook me, bron-yr-aur...with each song comes a different sound. they're truly amazing.

Ooooh, yes, I LOVE Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp. <3 <3 <3

Zepfan123 said:
    I'm not one to hate on any led zeppelin songs, but I think Kashmir is a wee bit overrated.

Yeah, I can understand that. I didn't even know it was them until my best friend told me. Well, it's a good song and one of their best-known songs. It's got a very significant guitar riff.

Deboche said:
    there are songs I dont like at first and I have to listen to several times to find interesting. I used to dislike tangerine and black dog and now I like them

as for the crunge, I used to hate it untill someone here in last.fm mentioned the great bass in that song and when I payed attention to it, it sounded completely different

I also started listening to the drums in each song and I just love Bonham more and more

Funny that you mentioned Tangerine. It was the same with me. ^^ But now I like it. I like the guitar in that song a lot.

And Black Dog... I've liked it from the first second I heard it. (I had stuck in my head all day today, grrrrrr. *lol*)

RobbiE3511 said:
    d'yer mak'er is good cause i think it's great that they take their music in different directions. that's the good thing about zep. they aren't afraid to be bold.

a couple of songs that i just cant connect with by led zep are probably hats (off) to roy harper which is just weird and bordering on early forms of techno. and friends which is just a very uninteresting song in my opinion. these are both off led zeppelin 3 which apart from these two songs is one of my fave zep albums with fantastic songs such as tangerine, since i've been loving you, that's the way, celebration day and immigrant song.

I do get bored by Since I've Been Loving You recently... At the time I just don't feel the need to listen to it. But... Friends... The first time I heard it I was surprised how good it was. I kind of lost that feeling now, but it's still a good song. Some dramatic violins...

I dreaded sunny days so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates...

I've been standing by the nile when I saw the lady smile.
  • Pingorocho said:
    I hate "No Quarter"

I discovered that song quite late. Considering that I got the album for two years now... Well, it's cool. Very electronic, but not bad electronic.

nickcosta said:
    When I was a kid I used to hate, asolutely hate, all the more keyboard-oriented songs like No Quarter, and all the trippy tracks like Dazed and Confused and Whole Lotta Love. I started listening to them more and more, and now those three are among my favorites. So just try listening to the ones you don't like because of the musical style, because it can grow on you, and you can realize how musially diverse the band was.
    My least favorite song would have to be I'm Gonna Crawl. Yes, I am a hypocrite, but it sounds too much like some 80's power ballad, I can't stand it.

Whole Lotta Love... it's... just genius. That guitar... Perfect. One of their best songs, most definitely.

Chad48 said:
    The question should be your least favorite, not their worst song. Bands like the Beatles and Led Zeppelin don't really have bad songs, just songs that you like less than others.

I can't stand Within you Without You by the Beatles, but that doesn't mean it's a bad song a lot of people I know love that song.

As for my least favorite Led Zeppelin song it's probably Hats Off To (Roy Harper), just not a fan of it.

OK, I'm getting off-topic here... Within You Without You... I... It's great. I mean... It doesn't sound like a Beatles song at all. It reminds me of... some... Bollywood movie. And it amuses me very much. :D

Fuzzen said:
    i have all their albums, and as far as ive heard they have no worst song, but they got a couple of booring songs, but songs like royal orleans, moby dick and black dog is puuure genious.

Oh yes, Black Dog. Yes, yes, yes. Lovely.

shuly said:
    Wow all of you seem to hate The Crunge, what's wrong with it? It IS a little out of character (sounds like a James Brown song actually) but it's fairly cute imho

The only aspect of the song that I have bothered thinking about is Robert talking about the bridge. It's great that I didn't know what the hell he was talking about until today. *loool* But I still like that visual image of a bridge and Robert asking about it...

boysrhawtsexx said:
    "Rock & ROll" should have never been used in some car commercial. Because now I can't listen to that song without seeing a car driving down a road in my head.. :P

Which car commercial used that song?

bamapachyderm said:
    The "worst" (let's call it "least loved") are still better than most bands' best stuff, but...
    The hypothetical Zeppelin album I would never buy or listen to, track listing:

Good Times Breakdown: The Worst Hits of Led Zeppelin--
    1. Good Times Bad Times
    2. Communication Breakdown
    3. Whole Lotta Love
    4. Heartbreaker
    5. Living Loving Maid
    6. Black Dog
    7. Rock and Roll
    8. D'yer Mak'er
    9. Darlene

NO. Do Not Want.

(Nope, no Crunge in the list. It grew on me.)

:( Awwww, but Whole Lotta Love is so great. I think... I prefer it to Kashmir... Yes, I do. All the songs on your list that I know I think are good songs.

foshizzy03 said:
    the rain song definitly my least fav. and The Crunge from what ive heard is a tribute to james brown.

I used to find the Rain Song boring until I discovered hhow... sad and beautiful it can be...

notasoul said:
    If there ever were a thread made just to let me know just how not right I am, this is it. Hats Off to (Roy) Harper is one of my favorite tracks. Anyway, only Zep song I just can't listen to, Ozone Baby.

That song deserves some credit because it is dedicated tto Roy Harper. ^^ And it is... funny. And very llikeable.

I dreaded sunny days so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates...

I've been standing by the nile when I saw the lady smile.
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Dez. 2007, 5:50
    stairway

• Benutzer
    • 12. Jan. 2008, 20:11
    Carouselambra I guess. Such a non-ledzeppelin sound and the most boring 10.34 mins ever...

I also hate Whole Lotta Love. For no reason :S

• Hats off to Roy Harper. It's the only song I don't like from the first four albums and in my opinion it's pretty throwaway and musically boring.

Eventually I'll have a new signature.
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Jan. 2009, 10:22
    Oh, come on, people! You're telling that you hate All my love, Dancing days, Fool in the rain and for my wonderment...Thank you. I really wanna tell you, that the sound of which song isn't most important in it...but lyrics and the consignment.

By me, all that songs are great ;]

• Benutzer
    • 30. Jan. 2009, 16:56
    I like every Led Zeppelin Song but iff was the point the least favourite it would probably be: "Boogie With Stu" or "Tangerine".

• Kurt68 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2009, 5:25
    The Crunge.......The James Brown version is better.

• _Tarkus_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2009, 7:05
    Kurt68 said:
    The Crunge.......The James Brown version is better.

Don't know that I've heard Brown's version, but I love Zeppelin's version.

I'd pick D'yer Mak'er off the same album. Monotonous and way overplayed on the radio.

• Well the worst one without a doubt is "Hat's Off to Roy Harper"... not even music. Other than that, i really like every other song and how they can cover so many different 'sounds'.

"When the grandson of a gun wielding woman is murdered by neo-nazi surf punks in the post-apocalyptic future, this grandma hunts them down for some bloodthirsty revenge."
    • DoomW schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2009, 2:30
    All of my love

• Carouselambra with that horrible, cheesy Final Countdown synthesizer. That's the worst one, although it's still Zeppelin, so every now and then i listen to it anyway.

• I think the worst songs are on Coda and In through the out door. Carouselambra and All my love are two very good examples

• kiwicio schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Feb. 2009, 15:02
    Hats of (Roy) Harper and Carouselambra, i just can't listen to them.
    Communication Breakdown is overrated in my opinion.

• Vilichan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Feb. 2009, 18:05
    The Crunge....and also Trampled under Foot...I don't understand why so many people hate "d'yer ma'er" ...For me this song is one of the sadest song,expecially when Plant sings" oh baby I still love you so"

• fburns99 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Feb. 2009, 18:44
    Love them all but that very long drum solo. Sorry. Can`t remember the name of that song but I know everyone here knows which one I mean.

cryin` won`t help you, prayin` won`t do you no good.
    Led Zeppelin
    • _Tarkus_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Feb. 2009, 18:46
    Moby Dick?

Good choice.

• I don't like "Fool In The Rain"...

• Benutzer
    • 7. Sep. 2009, 13:01
    Im gonna have to say Four Sticks. I don't know why, Im just not that keen to it.

• Mudduck schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Sep. 2009, 3:56
    Worst? WTF Ok perhaps you had to be there when the songs where released. (though I doubt it) but I cannot even begin to grasp the concept.

Maybe some have a "tag" in their heads and when the music wanders to far from the "tag" they automaticly don't listen so don't like?

People are entitled to like or dislike what they please and I find it valid with may lesser bands but Led Zeppelin? I am sorry I don't know where to draw a line.

Gold leaf, Gold plate, Gold brick when all said and done it's still Gold.

• Hats Off To (Roy) Harper.

Also, it's kinda impossible to hate Hot Dog.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.