Last.fm for Subscribers outside of US/UK.

• haha not even Puerto Rico!!!
    that sux! we are US territory.
    you guys got almost all the music of Daddy Yankee and Don Omar, so what happend to Puerto Rico?
    still waiting... it because we are different?

• JesusHC schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2009, 16:54
    I'm sorry guys, but I'm paying good 3 dollars a month for not being in the US/UK AND I'm still not allowed to listen to a service I'm paying for on my console?

That's rubbish!

• Hey guys, New Zealand here.

I just logged in to find FaceBook and Twitter in their respective places, but no sign whatsoever of Last.fm. It's not in the music marketplace like it should be.

Looks like here in NZ we don't even get the chance to download it.

Gutted, as it was all I were looking forward to.

Ho hummm.

• Strange...

I have a US account, and i live in France, yet it still says it ain't available in my region. I find it weird.. But im sure theres an obvious answer ;)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2009, 21:47

You must do something last.fm about Subscribers outside of US/UK

THIS IS NOT FAIR last.fm

Why "region lock" on xbox360

• Oh well...

That just plain s***s.

stupid laws...

• biggy_boy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2009, 4:59
    Awww. Australian here and I was looking forward to this. If it was implimented well, I was going to finally get a subscription to the radio service (as I barely use it on PC), but sadly it doesn't seem to be accessible here.

I'm a little bit pissed. I don't care for facebook or twitter but love last.fm and I thought MS said it would be available to Australians.

• Grr..

First netflix, now last fm. All of the cool features are being held from Canada/rest of the world. Microsoft better start making these things compatible to more people

• Well this update was useless for me...

• ruairi11 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2009, 10:26
    This is pathetic..when will microsoft and now last fm ever learn? As a subscriber in Ireland i pay more for my xbox gold account or microshaft points than those in the uk or usa in fact anyone who pays their subscription in europe does. Why do i not see this reflected in the features on my xbox? Last fm you should be ashamed. Its getting to be the norm for microsoft to give us the shaft in recent years but you guys couldve distanced yourslef from it. I can access last fm from my pc at home but cant access it through my xbox?? where is the sense? Yet another disgruntled customer..

• This is bullshit...
    I can listen fine tune from my wii with no problem ...

Finetune FTW =P

• nhchris schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Nov. 2009, 17:05

Senseless

I don't see any point in having these new features for my Xbox, but still not being able to use them. I live in Costa Rica, and I pay my internet connection, console, original games and of course my Xbox Live Gold account. I don't think this is any fair. I'm not blamimg Lastfm, nor M$... who's guilty here, music labels perhaps ? Why having announcements for months on Inside Xbox, E3 2009 and making a lot of stupid updates that are only consuming space in our console's memories if we can't have any access to something pretty straightforward such as music streaming ?? We are NOT stealing the music. We are NOT downloading anything. Listening for streaming music while I navigate on the Xbox Dashboard, is it too much to ask for ?

Bearbeitet von nhchris am 18. Nov. 2009, 17:20
  • The only thing about this feature not being available here in Switzerland was a short sentence about "not all features being available in every country" on Major Nelson's blog. Which sucks as I was really looking forward to my favorite being added to my favorite console. Too bad I'm not living in one of the countries chosen by whoever decided this crap...

• Thanks for nothing Last.fm!

I'm in Canada and this was the only feature I was looking forward to in this Xbox update so this really sucks!
    I don't care who's to blame for this and I'm sure most people don't, they just want the service to work and when they see it's not on their Xbox 360s they're going to be pissed off and take it out on Last.fm.
    I happen to agree. I will no longer be a subscriber to Last.fm!

• This was the only feature I was looking forward to as well...pretty annoying really.

• BioKiIIer schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2009, 2:33
    Wow, first the app now this. Why don't you just lock this site down so that only people from the uk/us can sign up?

And to think I was going to subscribe, for what? A slap in the face like this? No thanks

• pinefresh schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2009, 2:35
    WithTheDawn said:
    This was the only feature I was looking forward to as well...pretty annoying really.

Pretty much this, exactly. We get shafted on everything, what the hell.

• Webby99 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2009, 3:12
    bkxb said:
    Another disappointed Canadian user here. Was holding off to subscribe to last.fm to see how well it was implemented in the xbox feature.

Is there no possibility for this in the future?

ya same im from canada and we pretty much live in the states were so close and we cant get a stupid application this was the only thing i was looking forward to thanks microsoft again EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moher schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2009, 8:04

Last.fm, u suck!!

Such a big shame from la$t.fm and micro$oft. This was the only app i was waiting for!!!

• Riviner schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Nov. 2009, 15:32
    I am very VERY dissapointed! Years and years of waiting and anticipating (not to mention searching countless hours for how this could be possible) for this only feature i would've loved the most. Then came the news that Last.fm would finally arrive along with a big update around fall. I was really overjoyed. But then in all silence "Availability of these features will vary by region" was spitted out. Yeah, there's nobody else living beyond US/UK, that's for sure.

I'm really sad about this all ;( *AAAAAAAARRGGHH!!!*

• This was the only feature I was waiting for Xbox Live. I can't think of any reasons of why we cannot get Last.fm client on Xbox outside US/UK since we are paying for it. I got 1 day remaining of Last.fm subscription and I'm not going to pay a single more dollar for this crap.

Why don't you close your service to be US/UK only. You seem to be very good at it, right ?

If it is because you are Pro-American, well I hope your service gets down forever. You just can't honor the service you said you would give.

• jplages schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Nov. 2009, 19:57

This makes no sense at all!!!

I'm too a Xbox Live Subscriber and a Last.fm paid member and why can I listen to my radio on my mac and can't do the same on my Xbox?

Shame on you whoever this decision was.

Will that somehow change in the near future?

• joecan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Nov. 2009, 22:34
    Knapster01 said:
    Hi Winters,

However much we would love for everyone to get the Xbox client, this is part of the licensing deal made, unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this point.

It's certainly something we will look into!

Cheers,

Knapster01

I'll start by saying that I get that licensing issues are different on different platforms. This has been explained multiple times by staff in this thread & others like it, and people keep ignoring the explanation. It's a legal issue, and I get that.

However, when a staff member makes a comment like this, "It's certainly something we will look into!", it drives me up the wall. The launch of Last.fm was a pretty big deal. Not only was it going to allow current users to use their accounts on another device, but it would allow tonnes of new people to discover Last.fm & how great it is. So, one would think, staff would understand how big this launch would be.

Microsoft, gaming sites, etc. were all touting the 360 dashboard update as including Last.fm. I had my suspicions that users outside the UK/US were going to run into licensing issues as we have in the past with the online radio features, but there was no mention of Last.fm on 360 being a regional thing... so I was hoping Canadians would get it. We didn't, and now we find ourselves writing these forum posts.

My beef is that Last.fm staff should have known this was going to make people upset. Not only should some form of announcement been made prior to the 360 launch, warning non-US/UK users they wouldn't be receiving Last.fm... but you'd think staff would be working on coming up with a solution, like they did with the online radio.

I appreciate that staff is going to look into it now, that everyone is mad... but they should have been on top of this from the start.

Anyways, like I said... I understand the legal issues, and think staff, for the most part, are doing a great job running this service (even for people outside the US/UK)... and I'm grateful for that. I just hope next time they're a bit more proactive.

• joecan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Nov. 2009, 22:37

Re: This makes no sense at all!!!

jplages said:
    I'm too a Xbox Live Subscriber and a Last.fm paid member and why can I listen to my radio on my mac and can't do the same on my Xbox?

Shame on you whoever this decision was.

Will that somehow change in the near future?

If you bothered reading this thread, it would make all the sense in the world. Maybe you'd still be pissed, but at least you'd understand the issue & realize there isn't someone in Last.fm HQ telling staff members to find ways to screw over customers.

Licensing issues differ from platform to platform. That means the licensing agreements in place that allow you to listen to music via Last.fm on your Mac are meaningless when it comes to your ability to listen to music via Last.fm on any other device.

• alex-pl schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 21. Nov. 2009, 13:07

Another dissatisfied user

I've been using last.fm since 2004 (and I am a subscriber for a long time) and a few days ago I renewed my expired Xbox Gold subscription just to be able to use Last.fm on Xbox (I don't play online very often).

When I saw the message that I cannot use Last.fm for Xbox, it was like a slap in the face for me.

I know that licensing issues are difficult to handle, but there are two things, that Last.fm could possibly do with Microsoft:

- verify Xbox user location not by IP number, but by country, in which particular Xbox account was registered

- extend licensing deal as soon as possible for European Union and other countries (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc), at least for paid subscribers

There are also an option for users, who want to try Last.fm app for Xbox right now. You can try to install Free VPN on your computer and connect http://thefreevpn.com/ and connect your Xbox to internet through your computer. I haven't tested it yet, but it should work.

Some other alternatives:

- try MCEfm (unfortunately, it may not work anymore): http://www.mcefm.com/

- use Jamcast to stream Spotify to Xbox: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2009/09/07/how-to-stream-spotify-to-xbox-360-playstation-3-and-digital-radios/ - I'm going to try it today

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.