last.fm free music player doesn't work

• tatulaa schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 21:21
    please help me, i have disabled the last.fm player, to reenable it again for working and i can not find it. it is added to my chrome ,but i don't know where to find it . please help

• tatulaa schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 21:24
    i found player,but it does not work. i have done every step what people said here to make it work again,but it still does not work. what should i do? i have windows xp

• huubeert schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 21:43
    Hi

I have problem with this player too. I have readed the whole topic but i can't find the answer.

XCellsior wrote:
    # Linux:
    "~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh/2.9.68_0/javascript/content_script.js"

I have Ubuntu 12.04 and newest Chrome and i can't find this folder and this file. The buildin search engine also cannot find this file.

Maybe someone knows how to fix this problem in Ubuntu? Solution step by step will be nice.

PS. Sorry for my English.

Know your Body -> Know your Mind -> Know your Substance -> Know your Source
    Bearbeitet von huubeert am 20. Mai. 2012, 23:01
    • icyivy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 22:04
    thanks so much. works perfectly on windows 7!

• jecat schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 23:02

jecat

I reloaded my computer with XP then all my programs only to discover my Google Chrome free player was not working. I would like to thank, shamenNS / OTCculture. Especially musicgodlything for his patience in dealing with the not so enlightened like myself. I was stuck like V-l-a-d-i on the folder settings ,but she figured out what was not letting me see it. Thanks also to DeeViant1 for trying to make it simple. I just deleted the line and typed in the replacement parts in script. IT NOW WORKS . It's so nice when people help each other . For the one who made the rude comment , you are not human , shame on you, crawl back under your rock.........jecat

• TaitA84 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Mai. 2012, 23:02
    It works perfectly, thank youuuuuuuu!!!

• Okay these two post help me with the problem.

Thanks to
    DeeViant1
    musicgodlything

First off Disable the Extension then read below..
    --

musicgodlything said:
    XP:

go to 'my computer' and click on the c: drive

http://help.aol.com/Platform/Publishing/images/xp_my_computer_c.gif

then you should see a folder called " Documents and Settings" - open it

http://help.aol.com/Platform/Publishing/images/xp_my_computer_c_documents_and_settings.gif

then open the folder that is your name

then

Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh\2.9.68_0\javascript\ the last one is the file "content_script.js"

right click and select edit

then copy & paste " port = chrome.extension.connect({name: "page"}) "

over the line that looks like it but longer - save - done

restart the browser

voilà

DeeViant1 said:
    No blue 'play' button but it's working. yay!!!!

It's a rather complicated process unless you know what you are doing. I wrote it all down so here is a 'Dummy' version of what to do:

1. open C drive
    2. find the USERS folder [open]
    3, find the folder with YOUR name on it [open]
    4 .open the APP data folder
    5. open the 'Local' folder
    6. open the Google folder
    7. open the CHROME folder
    8.open the 'user data' folder
    9. open the 'Default' folder
    10. open the 'extensions' folder
    11. on the list find the one that starts with : bbncpldma (that is the current player) open that up. It's up near the top on my list.
    12. that opens a folder 2.9.68_0
    12 then click on 'java script'
    13 then locate 'content script' right click on it then select 'Edit' that opens the script file.
    Go almost to the bottom until you find 'functions initialize Port' that is where the line is that needs to be corrected. Copy and paste, close the script.

Enable the player and it should work.
    If a total 'dweeb' like me can figure it out, anyone should be able to. :-)

• Thanks, XCellsior!

Thanks for posting the fix.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mai. 2012, 6:13
    Just discovered I had the same problem. (haven't been using the free player very long.
    Was great to come to the website support and find the instructions. It worked!!
    Thanks. :)

• Thanks a lot!

Just fixed the problem by updating the content_script.js (Win 7 x64, Chrome 19.x) !
    Everything works great!
    Thanks again!

• Somebody help me out. I've done as instructed, and the blue button is back, but it only plays (some) previews! Did I do something wrong?

I'm on a Mac for what it's worth.

• Alainn schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mai. 2012, 15:19
    I just got a notice from Chrome: the extension has been updated to work with Chrome 19. So for all who can't get it to work: go into your list of extensions in Chrome (click on the wrench, Tools, extensions) and press on the button that says "Update extensions now". I have it at version 2.9.69

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • @enriquep15 Open up the options and untick the box that says play previews.

• Alainn said:
    I just got a notice from Chrome: the extension has been updated to work with Chrome 19. So for all who can't get it to work: go into your list of extensions in Chrome (click on the wrench, Tools, extensions) and press on the button that says "Update extensions now". I have it at version 2.9.69

HAZAA!!!

• I couldn't edit that script so I just downloaded the link offered here by shamanNS (page 7) and whilst I was at it I upgraded the player as well... Hooray the blue buttons are back for me too!
    I was frustrated and about to google "highest bridge" so a BIG thank you to all the helpers!!! Fantastic!

• Same here, it has updated itself and is now working just fine

• Alainn said:

I can't find the link that says "Update Extensions Now" : (

• Oh, wait never mind...They just released a update on the website. Uninstall the player and then go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh to install it again. Yay : )

• Alainn schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mai. 2012, 19:51
    Batiste369 said:
    Alainn said:

I can't find the link that says "Update Extensions Now" : (
    Top right corner of the page.

A restart might also help?

New: Obscure Music Blogs a collection of music blogs with rare/obscure music from all genres
  • For Linux, save editet content_script.js in Home folder, exit Chromium, open Terminal, write
    "cp content_script.js ~/.config/chromium/Default/Extensions/bbncpldmanoknoahidbgmkgobgmhnafh/2.9.68_0/javascript"

That's it :)

• If you can't see 'update extensions now', ticking the box next to Developer Mode made it appear for me.

• Just to clarify, follow Alainn's instructions (wrench, tools, extensions, update extensions now) - and if you can't see the update button, tick the box next to Developer mode.

• huubeert schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mai. 2012, 21:43
    @oxymoron6969, Thank you!

Know your Body -> Know your Mind -> Know your Substance -> Know your Source
  • Still doesn't work :( Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome a few times.... how do I completely wipe it off my system?

• Alainn schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mai. 2012, 22:10
    @enriquep15 - RevoUninstaller gets rid of any trace-files, but you don't need it for this. What is the version# of the extension? It should be 2.9.69

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.