11. Jan. 2010, 14:35 von superwuju
4. Nov. 2009, 1:27 von polekNareszcie mogę radośnie ogłosić termin zakończenia wszystkich prac nad powstaniem mojego debiutanckiego albumu o wiele mówiącym tytule * * *. Znalazło się na nim sporo utworów znanych moim Słuchaczom (Woła mnie Słońce, nie starzeć się, Dom na przełęczy, Sam ze światem, Piosenka dla Karolinki, Zapis milicki), jak również kilka piosenek nowych, a nawet zupełnie nowych. Wszystkie utwory zarejestrowaliśmy na świeżo w Enistudio w Toruniu.
Brzmienie płyty kształtują przede wszystkim instrumenty strunowe (gitary akustyczne, V Wrocławski Przegląd Kultury Studenckiejdobro, banjo, bas bezprogowy, bouzouki) oraz harmonijki ustne. Nie zabrakło też gdzieniegdzie smaczków w postaci piana Rhodesa, akordeonu i chórków. Wszystko dzięki wspaniałym muzykom – Mateuszowi Trandzie i Tomaszowi Fojgtowi, który prócz tego, że zabłysnął talentem multiinstrumentalisty, zrealizował i zmiksował nagrania. Album zostanie wydany nakłademWydawnictwa W górach
Wkrótce na mojej witrynie (http://apolinary.pl) pojawią się szczegółowe informacje na temat * * *. Tymczasem na Last.fm można zapoznać się z dwoma pierwszymi utworami płyty, którymi są:
1. Dookoła mgła (możliwość ściągnięcia pliku mp3)
2. Dom na przełęczy (próbka)
28. Sep. 2009, 16:15 von dusoft_uaMini-album by Kroda
1. Autumn… Twilight… Fog…
2. Falcon among the cliffs
3. Seid Runar Flammer
4. Ghosts Of Birds
They say these four tracks is an experiment. I didn't expect such results. It is a mixture of black-metal, folk, neofolk, ethnic and shaman sounds featuring beautiful sounds of sopilka and other folk instruments. This is going to be the most listened music for me this Autumn-Winter.. Excellent work!
It is a part of Fünf Jahre Kulturkampf released this september on Hammermark Art Records. If you like genres mentioned above you should definitely check this out. Find it on the Net or order from http://www.hammermark.de/
Promo page: http://kroda.com.ua/kkpromo/main.htm
18. Aug. 2008, 13:19 von licor007:D vidim to ako dobry dovod napisat journal.... spravodaje na www.youtube.com/user/imeloTV kedze imeloTV sa cinilo aj pocas szigetu POCHOPITELNE :D a stale mi este poriadne nedochadza ze som videla babyshambles a PETEHO(citujem Janku ktoru by som tam v dave vymenila za vsetkych pozerov co sa len sli rozbit na fetaka narozdiel od nas 3(ja, Sabi + Janka) co k tomu mame uplne iny vztah kedze je to PETE) ale uz pomaly zacina..:D
pozn. pre azet kokotov a fandov: keby ze ho vidite TAM a nie na tej idiotskej fotke co ju stale davate ku vsetkym clankom o nom(v zivote to asi nepochopim...:D) tak drzite huby a nedovolite si povedat ze vyzera hnusne jak fetak 8) PETE 4EVER
17. Jul. 2008, 15:49 von Jatup
The second journal in the series I started out with writing about Union Jack is dedicated to a French goa trance project Blue Planet Corporation. Currently, it has only 39 thousand scrobbles.
Blue Planet Corporation formed in 1992. It was a collaboration between Gabriel Masurel and Christophe Lebras. Gabriel, who was a drummer in various pop and rock bands during the 80s, was also a big fan of electronic music. He got his first synthesizers when the techno/house movement arrived in France. Inspired by Sven Väth's "Accident in Paradise", BPC's first 12" titled "Overbloody Flood" was released in 1993 by Underground French-Kommunication. In 1997 BPC joined Flying Rhino Records and the same year Christophe Lebras left BPC and now it's Masurel's solo project.
Blue Planet Corporation is usually classified as goa with several ambient/chillout tracks. The BPM is usually between 125 and 150. Some of their tracks are very deep (Overbloody Flood, Atoll) while others are much softer (Crystal, Cyclothymic). Their older tracks are generally deeper than "Blue Planet" album and releases that followed it, which might be influenced by Lebras' absence. Besides excellent examples of goa, BPC released some slower tracks which can be considered psychill (Gengis Khan Reverie, Mangrove).
Reasons for listening
If you are a fan of "regular" trance, reading the style section might have discouraged you from checking BPC out. Many people are completely uninterested in goa after listening to several random tracks (which probably weren't goa anyway) they didn't like. I was the same several months ago, I didn't view goa as an interesting sub genre. Crystal was the first BPC track I heard and I instantly liked it. After several listens I realized how beautiful it is. Later I got the full album and I slowly fell in love with this music. BPC was a gateway to goa, psytrance and psychill for me and it still remains one of my favorite projects in the genre(s). So, there are two reasons why you should listen to Blue Planet Corporation. First: it's music is unique and beautiful at the same time. Second: it is a great way for fans of "regular" trance to start their journey with goa, psytrance and even psychill.
Blue Planet Corporation blessed us with only one full-length album, "Blue Planet" which was released in 1999 by Flying Rhino Records. All tracks were written and produced by Gabriel Masurel. Four were co-produced by various artists. It was written and produced from December 1996 to February 1999.
1. Apex (7:30)
2. Crystal (8:43)
3. Alidade (10:48)
4. Micromega (6:56)
5. Atoll (7:33)
6. Dialect (6:47)
7. Open Sea (9:14)
8. Roma (6:39)
9. Arcana (10:28)
Blue Planet Corporation released three singles under Underground French-Kommunication:
Vol. 3 (1994)
The Second EP (1994)
Overbloody Flood (1993)
One under Completely Cabbaged:
And four under Flying Rhino Records:
Micromega EP (1999)
Micromega Remix EP (1999)
Digital Forward EP (2002)
Besides these releases BPC produced some tracks that went straight to compilations. Most of them were created after 2000 and they are usually psychill/ambient.
Blue Planet Corporation remixed 5 tracks, most notably Black Rain by Amanite FX & Prana.
Crystal is probably the best track to use as an introduction to this project, and arguably their best. Like with most goa projects, BPC's productions are usually over seven minutes long so be prepared for some listening.
Blue Planet Corporation - Crystal (1997)
One of the most beautiful tracks ever made in my opinion. Hard to top this.
Blue Planet Corporation - Cyclothymic (1997)
Also soft, but a little deeper than Crystal.
Blue Planet Corporation - Micromega (1999)
Great, hypnotizing trance.
Blue Planet Corporation - Overbloody Flood (1993)
First release by BPC. Hard to believe it was produced 16 years ago.
Blue Planet Corporation - Roma (1999)
The BPM is low compared to the tracks above. This showed that BPC changed it's style compared to previous releases.
Blue Planet Corporation - Gengis Khan Reverie (2007)
It's 2007 and it's not goa, but still great.
I also created a YouTube playlist containing all BPC tracks uploaded so far. You can find it here.
Where are they now
Gabriel Masurel continues to produce and occasionally DJ as Blue Planet Corporation, but ever since Flying Rhino was shut down in 2002 we haven't seen a release. Besides that he collaborates with musicians in various genres and creates music for commercials.
The fate of Christophe Lebras is unknown, but apparently he is not active anymore.
Thanks for visiting and reading. Part three coming sooner than this one if anyone cares.
Connections to similar artists, artists affiliated with Flying Rhino Records, most popular trance and overall artists:
Cosmosis, Hallucinogen, Younger Brother, Total Eclipse, Transwave, Etnica, Doof, Chi-A.D., The Infinity Project, Khetzal, Pleiadians, Moogwai, Keo, Clanger, Quietman, Libra, L.S.G., Ambassador, Slinky Wizard, Paragliders, Vicious Circles, Clanger, Robert Miles, Technossomy, Man With No Name, Astral Projection, Electric Universe, The Art Of Trance, X-Dream, Juno Reactor, Emmanuel Top, Cosmic Baby, Hallucinogen, Banco De Gaia, DJ Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk, ATB, Paul Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Infected Mushroom, Blank & Jones, Chicane, Markus Schultz, BT, 4 Strings, Darude, Delerium, Faithless, Radiohead, The Beatles, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Muse, Metallica, Linkin Park, Nirvana and Death Cab for Cutie.
2. Feb. 2008, 3:19 von JatupHere is a list of 100 best trance tracks of all time according to me!
If you have any recommendations, please send them to me and hopefully they will make the list even better. I will try to update as often as I can, depending on the amount of changes. I will not update every time I add or move a track.
I realize the list will not please everyone so don't treat it too seriously. I created it for fun and I thought it would be nice to share it with others, but it's not really serious business... Everyone has a different taste. If you feel the need to disagree with it in the comments you are welcome to do so of course ;)
I love recommendations, but please don’t give me a list of 50 artists not represented on my list and expect me to check them out. It’s a waste of your and my time because trust me, I won’t check out all 50 of them and picking just one is pointless so at the end I’ll just ignore your recommendation. Single tracks or full length albums work best.
I'm all done with the "play" links so now all tracks are "playable", but please don't look at the YouTube video titles if you want accurate track names. My tags and links are correct. People make up all kinds of stuff to promote their videos so the titles are often different from what I was referring to even though the track is right. Don't mind the lame videos either. It's all about the music. A few tracks will have links to other sites than YouTube in case the song was not there. And several tracks are not playable at all. Some tracks on YouTube are taken off compilations etc. so I don't guarantee full length versions.
For another take on a trance top list check out THE TRANCE JOURNAL - PART 2 - THE BIG COUNTDOWN by Addicted2Melody .
Enough talking, here is the list. I hope you'll enjoy it!
Last update: April 6 2009
1.Blue Planet Corporation - Crystal (1997) .....(play)
2. Union Jack - Red Herring (1995) .....(play)
3. Orbital - Halcyon And On And On (1992) .....(play)
4. Chicane - Offshore (1996) .....(play)
5. X Tracks - Plan 94 (The Voyage) (1994) .....(play)
6. Hallucinogen - Gamma Goblins Part 2 (1997) .....(play)
7. Adham Shaikh - Opal (2004) .....(play)
8. Art of Trance - Octopus (Man With No Name Remix) (1999) .....(play)
9. Union Jack - Fromage Frais (1995) .....(play)
10. Dimension 5 - Psychic Influence (1997) .....(play)
11. Three Drives - Greece 2000 (1997) .....(play)
12. Binary Finary - 1998 (1997) .....(play)
13. Libra Presents Taylor - Anomaly - Calling Your Name (Granny mix) (2000) .....(play)
14. Banco De Gaia - Obsidian (2000) .....(play)
15. Chicane - Lost You Somewhere (Heliotropic Mix) (1997) .....(play)
16. Cosmic Baby - Fantasia (1994) .....(play)
17. Jaïa - Out of Control (2005) .....(play)
18. Hallucinogen - Deranger (1997) .....(play)
19. Moogwai - Labyrinth Part 1 (2001) .....(play)
20. Sasha - Xpander (1999) .....(play)
21. Chicane - Saltwater (1999) .....(play)
22. Man With No Name - Silicon Trip (1999) .....(play)
23. Astral Projection - Radial Blur (1996) .....(play)
24. Solar Fields - Summer (2007) .....(play)
25. Lost Tribe - Gamemaster (Signum remix) (1997) .....(play)
26. Universal State Of Mind - All Because of You (Mindsweeper mix) (1994) .....(play)
27. L.S.G. - Hearts (1994) .....(play)
28. Holden & Thompson - Nothing (93 Returning Mix) (2002) .....(play)
29. Dimension 5 - Iron Sun (1997) .....(play)
30. Solar Fields - Infection 268-7 (2007) .....(play)
31. Robert Miles - Children (1995) .....(play)
32. Blue Planet Corporation - Cyclothymic (1997) .....(play)
33. Cosmosis - Sanyacid (1996) .....(play)
34. Zyon - No Fate (No Fate Mix '93) (1993) .....(play)
35. Dance 2 Trance - We Came in Peace (1990) .....(play)
36. Solar Quest - Acid Air Raid (Euphoric Acid) (1994) .....(play)
37. Chi-A.D. - Healing Magic (1997) .....(play)
38. Hallucinogen - Shamanix (1995) .....(play)
39. Vibrashpere - Lemon Phase (2003) .....(play)
40. Humate - Love Stimulation (Paul Van Dyk Love Club Mix) (1998) .....(play)
41. Hallucinogen - Horrorgram (1997) .....(play)
42. Gouryella - Gouryella (1998) .....(play)
43. Way Out West - Ub Devoid (2000) .....(play)
44. BT - Flaming June (1997) .....(play)
45. Chi-A.D. - Biocandy (1999) .....(play)
46. Blue Planet Corporation - Atoll (1999) .....(play)
47. Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar (Three 'n One mix) (1997) .....(play)
48. Solar Stone - Seven Cities (1999) .....(play)
49. Way Out West - Killa (Orkidea vs. Dallas Superstars Remix) (2008) .....(play)
50. Jaïa - Rouge Marine (2005) .....(play)
51. Emmanuel Top - Tone (1995) .....(play)
52. Art of Trance - Madagascar (Cygnus X Remix) (1998) .....(play)
53. Underworld - Dark & Long (Dark Train) (1996) .....(play)
54. Astral Projection - Dancing Galaxy (1997) .....(play)
55. Dimension 5 - Beetlesnuff (1997) .....(play)
56. Salt Tank - Eugina (Michael Woods Remix) (2000) .....(play)
57. Etnica - Moon Influence (1995) .....(play)
58. Hallucinogen - Trancespotter (1996) .....(play)
59. Way Out West - Domination (1999) .....(play)
60. Art of Trance - Blue Owl (1998) .....(play)
61. Terra Ferma - Floating (1996) .....(play)
62. Jaïa - Anawa's Paradise (1998) .....(play)
63. Cosmic Baby - Loops of Infinity (1994) .....(play)
64. The Age of Love - Age of Love (1990) .....(play)
65. Khetzal - Indian Attic (2005) .....(play)
66. Sunday Club - Healing Dream (1997) .....(play)
67. Gouryella - Walhalla (1999) .....(play)
68. Hallucinogen - LSD (1995) .....(play)
69. Loop Control - Exceptionally Beautiful (1999) .....(play)
70. Albion - Air (1997) .....(play)
71. Paul van Dyk - For an Angel (1998) .....(play)
72. Humate - 3.1 (Bedrock Mix) (1998) .....(play)
73. Hallucinogen - Demention (1997) .....(play)
74. Asura - Like a Summer Day (2000) .....(play)
75. Doof - Let's Turn On (1996) .....(play)
76. Quietman - Now & Zen (1995) .....(play)
77. GOASIA - Sunrise (2007) .....(play)
78. Chicane - Halcyon (2000) .....(play)
79. Tripswitch - Viscous (Eat Static's Jumbled Noise Rmx) (2007) .....(play)
80. Marc Marzenit - Trozitos de Navidad (Primavera Remix) (2006) .....(play)
81. Blisargon Demogorgon - Following the Death (2006) .....(play)
82. Chi-A.D. - Paranormal Activity (Spooky) (1997) .....(play)
83. Blue Planet Corporation - Micromega (1999) .....(play)
84. Hallucinogen - Fluoro Neuro Sponge (1995) .....(play)
85. Electric Universe - The Prayer (2004) .....(play)
86. GTR - Mistral (2002) .....(play)
87. Art of Trance - Voice of Earth (1998) .....(play)
88. Terra Ferma - Keep Moving (2000) .....(play)
89. Quietman - The Sleeper (1998) .....(play)
90. Airwave - Venus of My Dreams (1998) .....(play)
91. Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (2003) .....(play)
92. Quench - Dreams (1993) .....(play)
93. York - The Reachers of Civilisation (1999) .....(play)
94. Asura - Code Eternity (2000) .....(play)
95. L.S.G. - My Time Is Yours (1995) .....(play)
96. Way Out West - Mindcircus (Way Out West Club Mix) (2002) .....(play)
97. Tripswitch - Indigo (Androcell Rmx) (2007) .....(play)
98. Art of Trance - Mosquito (1998) .....(play)
99. Man With No Name - Teleport (1996) .....(play)
100. Doof - Angelina (1996) .....(play)
15. Mai. 2008, 2:52 von Jatup
This journal is dedicated to what is in my opinion one of the greatest trance projects of all time, Union Jack. Hopefully, I will write a series of journals like this one, trying to promote little known artists (preferably under 50 thousand scrobbles), and encourage good music fans to give them a try.
Union Jack was formed in the UK in 1993 by Simon Berry and Claudio Giussani. Claudio was a DJ and a part of Urban Shakedown, a drum n bass project. Simon recently started his own label, Platipus, which was one of the first trance labels based in the UK. He already released a few singles as Art of Trance and Poltergeist. Claudio wanted to try something new, but he did not have enough equipment to work on his own. As a result he turned to Simon and they released their first single, "Two Full Moons And A Trout" (1993) under Labworks Germany, and later that year under Platipus.
Some call it acid, others call it goa or psytrance. Both of these apply to Union Jack, but in my opinion it is simply genuine trance at it's best. When you listen to Union Jack, you can tell where the name trance comes from. Besides that, Union Jack also released some very high quality chillout which shows how versatile the producers are.
Reasons for listening
I would recommend Union Jack to anyone who is interested in quality music. It is very different from today's trance, but if you consider yourself a fan of trance, you should at least find it interesting and actually fresh even though most of their work is over 10 years old. If you don't listen to trance at all or even dislike it for some reason, Union Jack is a good way to start. Their music does not involve meaningless vocals and unoriginal sounds and melodies which often discourage people from giving trance a chance. The only vocals you will find in their music are wonderfully used samples. It also involves a variety of sounds taken straight from nature like water flowing, birds singing etc., which sound amazing and unique.
Union Jack's only album, "There Will Be No Armageddon", was released on 7/1/1995 by Platipus. There are not many albums I would give a full 10/10, but this is one of them. If you consider yourself a trance fan, this is definitely a must. Each track is truly a masterpiece.
1. Red Herring (8:36)
2. Cactus (9:42)
3. Water Drums (9:06)
4. Two Full Moons And A Trout (14" Mix) (7:57)
5. No Life Can Survive Here (5:56)
6. Fromage Frais (6:37)
7. Lollipop Man (7:12)
8. There Will Be No Armageddon (10:13)
9. Toucan (8:19)
10. Epilogue (1:11)
Union Jack released six singles under Platipus:
2 Full Moons & A Trout (2006)
Two Full Moons And A Trout (1998)
Red Herring (1995)
Cactus/Morning Glory (1994)
Two Full Moons And A Trout (1993)
Their most popular tracks are probably Red Herring and Two Full Moons and a Trout. Both are perfect examples of what I call pure trance music. Majority of Union Jack's tracks are over seven minutes long, so you can just sit back and enjoy :)
Union Jack - Red Herring (1995)
Red Herring was my first Union Jack track. I used to listen to very commercial trance back then, but this sounded so different I just couldn't resist listening to it. I still consider it one of the best tracks ever produced.
Union Jack - Two Full Moons And A Trout (1993)
Their first release. A true classic. This is the original version, but many excellent remixes have been released afterwards.
Union Jack - Fromage Frais (1995)
An electronic version of Ave Maria by Johann Sebastian Bach. This track is a little less known for some reason, but it is just as excellent.
Union Jack - Cactus (1994)
Another fine example of proper trance.
Union Jack - No Life Can Survive Here (1995)
Still trance, but a little different from the rest.
Union Jack - Water Drums (1995)
An amazing chillout track. Just as the title indicates, water IS used as drums!
Where are they now
Simon continued to work solo as Art of Trance which became one of the most respected trance projects. He is still the head of Platipus which later started releasing more uplifting trance and chillout compilations.
Claudio released two albums solo as Terra Ferma, but hasn't been very active since then.
Union Jack reunited in March 2008 for a special appearance in Miami. A new album is expected to be released later this year, but there are no details if it's going to be a compilation or an artist album.
Thanks for visiting my journal and hopefully reading it and listening to some music. Let me know know your opinion on Union Jack and the journal itself so that I know if I should continue writing :)
Connections to similar artists, artists affiliated with Platipus, most popular trance and overall artists:
Moogwai, Keo, Clanger, Quietman, Libra, L.S.G., Ambassador, , Paragliders, Vicious Circles, Clanger, Robert Miles, Technossomy, Man With No Name, Blue Planet Corporation, Astral Projection, Electric Universe, The Art Of Trance, X-Dream, Juno Reactor, Emmanuel Top, Cosmic Baby, Hallucinogen, Banco De Gaia, DJ Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Paul van Dyk,
ATB, Paul Oakenfold, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Above & Beyond, Infected Mushroom, Blank & Jones, Chicane, Markus Schultz, BT, 4 Strings, Darude, Delerium, Faithless, Radiohead, The Beatles, Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Muse, Metallica, Linkin Park, Nirvana and Death Cab for Cutie.
1. Jan. 2008, 22:41 von GandziaMy first musical discovery in New Year. I've always known that Emmanuelle Seigner is a great actress, but I haven't suspected that she has musical talent.
Emmanuelle recorded an album with Ultra Orange [Ultra Orange & Emmanuelle] which contains an amazing song "Sing, sing".
"Sing, sing" is a pure beauty. And Emmanuelle is so sexy at the video.
Check it out:
I can't refrain myself from listening to it. And regret that I haven't seen them at concert in Poland...
3. Aug. 2007, 17:18 von D3J4vuLvmen
Chiki Liki Tu-a
Smola a Hrušky
Puding Pani Elvisovej
Huun Huur Tu
Time Of My Life
The Tangled Lines
The 4 Sivits
Peneři strýčka Homeboye
Indy & Wich
Asian Dub Foundation
Orchester Nového Primitivizmu
See You In Hell
Bibi Ribozo & The Banditos
Lay Out the Traps!
Eduardo Borsuci In Optima Forma
Dalla Mattina Alla Sera
Hudba z Marsu
Pressburger Klezmer Band
No More Fear
Devil Shoots Devil
Šľak Ho Traf
Choice for storm
Flowers For Whores
Cradle of Filth
Six Feet Under
Hour of Penance
Looking for an Answer
Agents Of Abhorrence
Royal Choral Society
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Down To Fall
Downfall of Gaia
Dáša Fon Fľaša