Mr. Klinghoffer

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Dez. 2007, 1:00

Mr. Klinghoffer

Just thought I'd start a thread as there are 37 Josh Klinghoffer fans here and not one of them/us have said anything yet.

So how did you all get into Josh's work? I first became aware of him when I saw him play guitar in PJ Harvey's band on the Uh Huh Her tour in 2004, and later through his collaboration with John Frusciante on the Sphere in the Heart of Silence album, as well as his excellent contributions to John's Shadows Collide with People. He's also played live with Vincent Gallo, so he seems to work with a lot of musicians I like.

• k0ndor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jan. 2008, 21:06
    well, I 'discovered' JK through John Frusciante and Ataxia (Another and Empty's Response being among my most favourite tracks ever) And yeah, he seems to be connected with many musicians I'm at least pleased to listen to ;D.
    I only regret I weren't able to see him performing with RHCP last summer...

• JKDN schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Feb. 2008, 21:37

Re: Mr. Klinghoffer

Little-Centaur said:
    I first became aware of him when I saw him play guitar in PJ Harvey's band on the Uh Huh Her tour in 2004,

Which shows did you go to?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jan. 2009, 21:11
    I too heard him through Frusciante and Ataxia. He's now probably my favorite drummer. Great guitarist too. Love his stuff with Bicycle Theif. Has anyone seen the movie? It's really good.(its italian)

• darshun schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Feb. 2009, 8:21
    I knew Josh first from him trying to work at my record store. I became a fan of his work early on when I first heard him tear it up on his drum set at his parent's house. Boy, he was mean on the drums!!! Jammed w/him a coupla times w/my buddy Tyrone. Josh later played drums w/Anandasong for their 1st demo cassette. That's some good stuff. The newer lineup of Anandasong w/o Josh is on my website: http://el1011.com

She believes in love...
    She believes in love...
    God knows why but that's what she believes in
    -thirty ought six
    • darshun schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2009, 23:57
    According to Eric Avery's Twitter, he is visiting Dot Hacker in the studio...

She believes in love...
    She believes in love...
    God knows why but that's what she believes in
    -thirty ought six
    • EKAP schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Apr. 2009, 13:08
    Yes, Dot Hacker is now recording, I read that in one of their status updates on MySpace about a week ago.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.