Your Compatibility with the Person Above You

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Mär. 2007, 7:31

Your Compatibility with the Person Above You

Go to the user above you's page, and check in the Taste-O-Meter to see what your compatibility is.

Copy and paste everything from the "Your compatiblity with _______ is:" to "You share ____ artists in common, including" if you so wish.

I think this is a really good way to discover new songs from people with similar musical tastes to yours.

I hope it's ok that I posted this 'game' here...

• "Your musical compatibility rating with blue_suede1483 is:
    Low

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, The Doors, The Rolling Stones, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and The Beatles."

I always have "low" compatibility with people these days...

• Take THAT!

Your musical compatibility rating with rabidoveryou is:
    Very High

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, and Echo & The Bunnymen.

• Benutzer
    • 16. Mär. 2007, 3:27

I'm adding a twist to this...

Instead of just doing compatibility (which gets really dull after a while), why don't we include a recommendation to the person above you as well?

Anyway...
    Your musical compatibility rating with WalterDigsTunes is:

High
    You share a few artists in common, including Talking Heads, David Bowie, The Cars, The Beatles, and T. Rex.

Well, you listen to The Cars. Stellar start.

I'd like to recommend you Television Personalities. Yeah, they're slightly twee indie pop, but they have a definite edge, killer hooks, and excellent lyrics. Their debut, And Don't The Kids Just Love It, is essential.

• Benutzer
    • 16. Mär. 2007, 14:11
    Your musical compatibility rating with CarsCat is:

High

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, Belle and Sebastian, The Clash, The Kinks, and Pixies.

I would recommend richard hell and the voidoids (because i notice you listen to artists like television and blondie) and also brian jonestown massacre (because you seem to listen to bands like velvet underground, my bloody valentine, the jesus and mary chain)

• 'Your musical compatibility rating with jimmy_stirl8 is:

Medium

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, The Doors, Ramones, The Jesus and Mary Chain, and The Velvet Underground.'

Hmmmm, I would reccomend you The Lords of Altamont due to you liking the Doors and Sonics.

• Your musical compatibility rating with pumpkinbomb is:

High

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Who, T. Rex, and Roxy Music.

What could I possibly recommend to someone with such good taste! :D

Modern music mainly mediocre? Retro rock resplendent? I Was Born Several Decades Too Late.
    "ooolo99ikl;i.,pyknulmmmmmmmmmm 111" - Nell Pirsig
  • Kerenzikov said:
    What could I possibly recommend to someone with such good taste! :D

Thank you for the compliment and ditto. =]

• Benutzer
    • 17. Mär. 2007, 2:16
    Your musical compatibility rating with pumpkinbomb is:

High

You share a few artists in common, including The Doors, David Bowie, The Beatles, Marilyn Manson, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I highly recommend The Rolling Stones. I have to say I wasn't a fan until recently, I didn't even have 'Satisfaction' loaded on my ipod. But now I can't get enough of these guys.

Specifically these songs: Paint It Black, Brown Sugar, Mother's Little Helper, Jumpin' Jack Flash and Honky Tonk Women.

Paint It Black:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YAniteUb0

Satisfaction:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki0rQsdO-zI

• Your musical compatibility rating with blue_suede1483 is:

Medium

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, The Doors, and The Clash.

Because most of the artists we have in common are "goldie oldies", I'd recommend you Cream. Eric Clapton on his best if you ask me.

Was it worth all that war just to win?
  • Your musical compatibility rating with IndieHippieAnn is:
    Medium

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, and The Cars.

I think you would dig The Stone Roses. They take that 60s sensibility and filter it through effects pedals, all the while applying swirling effects and groovy rhythms. They pre-date all manner of 90s Brit-pop, and play the game better anyway.

• Benutzer
    • 18. Mär. 2007, 7:34
    Your musical compatibility rating with WalterDigsTunes is:

Medium

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Beatles, and Depeche Mode.

I recommend The Doors.

• Your musical compatibility rating with blue_suede1483 is:

High

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, Gwen Stefani, Jeff Buckley, Queen, and Robbie Williams.

• Your musical compatibility rating with xxprettyinmetal is:
    Very Low

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Simon & Garfunkel, and Queen.

I'd recommend...Harry Nilsson. John Lennon was a huge fan, and I always think of The Beatles and Harry Nilsson sort of going together.

• Benutzer
    • 18. Mär. 2007, 22:57
    Very Low

You share a few artists in common, including Muse, The Clash, David Bowie, Ramones, and Nirvana.

• Benutzer
    • 19. Mär. 2007, 4:15
    Your musical compatibility rating with castaway_ is:

Very Low

You share a few artists in common, including Panic! At the Disco, Marilyn Manson, My Chemical Romance, The Beatles, and David Bowie.

What about The Rolling Stones?

• Jonnypie schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Mär. 2007, 22:20
    Your musical compatibility rating with blue_suede1483 is:

Low

You share a few artists in common, including The Doors, The Beatles, David Bowie, The Kinks, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'd recommend Jimi Hendrix.

I'm sure I have low compatibility with the vast majority of this group.

• Your musical compatibility rating with Jonnypie is:
    Low

You share a few artists in common, including T. Rex, David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, and Queen.

Given the Bowie, T. Rex, Def Leppard and Queen, I'd suggest you check out Slade. Maybe their "Wall of Hits" or "Feel the Noize" compilations will work for you. It's bombastic English glam of the roughest sort. Quite fun.

• Your musical compatibility rating with WalterDigsTunes is:
    Very High

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, and Echo & The Bunnymen.

Hurrah! I don't even know who to recommend, seeing as we have such similar taste. Early Roxy Music, perhaps? Sorry if Roxy Music are already in your charts and I've somehow managed to miss them. But if you haven't listened to them before, you might like the first couple of albums. The ones with Eno.

• Benutzer
    • 20. Mär. 2007, 19:27

Very Low

You share a few artists in common, including Muse, The Clash, David Bowie, Ramones, and Nirvana.

• Benutzer
    • 20. Mär. 2007, 22:34
    Your musical compatibility rating with castaway_ is:

Very Low
    You share a few artists in common, including The Clash, Sonic Youth, The Beatles, Queen, and David Bowie.

Oh geez...how do I not sound patronizing? Let's just say our tastes don't exactly mesh.

Get some Bob Dylan, girl. He does a body good.

• Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2007, 4:22
    Your musical compatibility rating with CarsCat is:

Low

You share a few artists in common, including The Beatles, David Bowie, The Clash, Ramones, and The Kinks.

Where's The Rolling Stones?

• Saueguden schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2007, 16:40
    Your musical compatibility rating with blue_suede1483 is:

Medium

You share a few artists in common, including Guns N' Roses, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Scissor Sisters, and Panic! At the Disco.

Better Active Today, Than Radioactive Tomorrow
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Mär. 2007, 17:37
    Your musical compatibility rating with Saueguden is:
    Medium

You share a few artists in common, including Scissor Sisters, Gavin DeGraw, Keane, Arctic Monkeys, and Panic! At the Disco.

awesome :3
    I'd recommend Jason Mraz or Belle & Sebastian, I think

• Your musical compatibility rating with badger_god is:
    Low

You share a few artists in common, including David Bowie, Talking Heads, Belle and Sebastian, Lou Reed, and Rufus Wainwright.

Hmm. I feel boring for saying this again, but I think Roxy Music are worth recommending to anyone. :S Otherwise, perhaps The Velvet Underground's self-titled third album.

Where's The Rolling Stones?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I think Cat has something against The Rolling Stones. Sorry if I'm making that up, Cat.

It's just that I'm sure I remember her saying in the past about not liking them.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.