Homemade Harpists?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Sep. 2006, 11:00

Homemade Harpists?

I wonder if any of you plays harp him/herself? I used to play, but quite due to a lack of ambition, although I still like to touch the instrument from time to time. Which brings me to the following question: does anyone know where to get sheetmusic of say Joanna Newsom's work???

• I've been playing for about 1.5 years. I only wish I had started when I was younger and had more time to play.

There's a thread on the tadpoles message board with some transcriptions. Haven't played them though, due to my lack of a pedal harp and piano.

• joehni schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Sep. 2006, 6:48
    I normally simply carry it, since my wife's playing :)

Artist of the week
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Sep. 2006, 10:58
    You're a hero ;)

• joehni schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Okt. 2006, 8:17
    I know, hehehe ...

Artist of the week
    • Snori schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Okt. 2006, 19:25
    I play a couple of notes on small 22 string harp. You can find our music at http://www.slainte.art.pl/media.html . On "Space Edition" I play two pieces. Hope you like it. In fact these are very simple tunes, I am not very experienced harper.

Sláinte!
  • I have been playing harp since 1983 (I mean celtic harp, although I also have a spanish one) but I never learnt how to read music (pathetic, I know....). Nonetheless I recently looked around for scores (on behalf of a friend) and I found a webpage with a list of interesting links about early music: http://www.medieval.org/emfaq/scores/. Nothing about Joanna Newsom, I am afraid (I guess she wasn't around at the time!), but there are a good number of tunes/songs that would sound lovely if played with a harp (I can tell only because I happen to know some of them by hearth, or because I know the style).

• Benutzer
    • 14. Jun. 2007, 19:26
    Hi !
    Lil new one... :)
    I'm actually playing on a 38 strings Camac since a couple of days and intending to follow classes with a friend of mine...
    Absolutely fond of the sound, culture, history & people... I am also a celtic pagan, absolutely against all forms of hate/racism/discrimination (those things have to be precised when you say the therm "pagan") .... :)

Hope to have fun and discover many things with you guys

• Benutzer
    • 9. Okt. 2007, 22:23
    I'm very much a beginner. I play a 38 stringed Paraguayan Harp, and have just recently learned how to repair and tune my harp, and been able to read sheet music. I can play a part of a few melodies, but I am still working at it in hopes that I'll become better.

Oh, and thank you betterthannever, for the link!

• xsway schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Jan. 2008, 15:18
    Hi everybody!
    I study to play harp. True classical pedal harp. It's amazing. I do it in a music school for adults. Now i'm at third year. And i'm not going to leave it. I want to play difficult things, like jazz maybe. The great problem is to buy harp for myself((
    I have some sheet music (digged up from web), if you're interesting in - just write to me.

P.S. Sorry for my clumsy english...

• olgot schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Feb. 2008, 15:18
    Hi everybody!

I play the harp since... 1996 or 1997(I think)

classical pedal harp
    :)

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.