Gigs or shows? Best gig ever?

• KCKate schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jul. 2008, 11:35

Gigs or shows? Best gig ever?

Which does everyone prefer? The difference is in the atmosphere; a gig is a mad, sweaty concert where the audience are as involved as the artist, and a show is where the audience is watching the stage, and what happens on the stage is what matters. Inspiring awe rather than jumping.

What is the best gig you've ever been to as well?

Kaiser Chiefs at Elland Road was pretty amazing for me.
    Watch out for Envy & Other Sins too. They are rather special live.

• best gig....

Death Cab For Cutie at the Electric Ballroom in Camden this year (this one) - just absolutely incredibly unbelievable.

Although RATM last gig at Wembley around 10 years ago was completely insane too :)

• askush schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Jul. 2008, 16:28

Best gig...

wow it's difficult to answer just as best book, best film etc...

My best gig of the year was definitely Fleet Foxes in ULU

I was weeping with delight

Can't wait to see them again

A.Fleet Foxes

• ianah schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jul. 2008, 16:21

Best gig ever?

A toss up between Bob Marley @ The New St Odeon Birmingham 1976 or Van Morrisson @ Knebworth 1974. Oldies but goodies!

Last year Nine Inch Nails. This year, who knows?

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Jul. 2008, 10:30

best gig

it's queens of the stone age and kaiser chiefs both at radar festival in zagreb croatia last year
    you could FEEL every note

• kulsha schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Sep. 2008, 19:41

best gig

My best gig ever ...it's Manic Street Preachers this year and Noel's acoustic gig in Moscow 2007...

• Best gig

Such a title can not be given to 1 gig so here are my top 5 in no particular order

Polysics @ 93 Feet East 01/05/06
    The most entertaining band I've ever seen live, but of the 7 times I've seen them (excluding the sound test I saw) this is the pick of the crop.

The Smashing Pumpkins @ Shepherds Bush Empire 19/06/07
    Their first gig in the UK in seven years or something silly like that, the first with the new line-up and just before the release of 'Zeitgeist'. 3 intimate hours of countless classics.

Franz Ferdinand @ Alexandra Palace 01/12/05
    Even if only for 'The Outsiders', Alex Kapranos standing on the drum kit and the pre gig visuals of the band getting haircuts in slow motion.

Skunk Anansie @ Standard Bank Arena Johannesburg 2?/04/00
    Mark Richardson drumming 'The Skank Heads' like a Roid Monkey and almost being knocked out by my best friends frantic air drumming to the song.

Pearl Jam @ The Point Theatre Dublin 23/08/06
    The first time I watched them after being a fan for 12+ years (finally) and that Irish crowds are the best backing singers bar none.

• Best gig

Also Incubus @ Hammersmith Apollo 0?/06/04 when I made a barrier effort and they played 'Have You Ever' on to 'Under My Umbrella', the sequence I play those tracks by choice, I lost my head!

• My top three:

Arcade Fire @ St. John's Church, London 29/01/07

The Hives @ 100 Club, London 24/07/07

Iron Maiden @ Brixton Academy, London 24/06/07

• Best gig

I'm so stupid!

How could I forget Tenacious D @ Hammersmith Apollo 18/12/06

It begins as an acoustic set in their apartment until Kyle spills beer on the monitor and when he plugs in an ill received 'electric guitar' (made of household items like a toilet seat) that Jack gives to him as a present, they're both electrocuted and end up in hell where they draft Jesus (proposed as the anti-christ) on Electric Guitar, Charlie Chaplin on Bass and The Colonel Sanders on Drums.

I'd have to say this is my BEST GIG EVER!

• mharnee schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Sep. 2008, 20:20

best gig/show

definitely best show would be mark ronson @ zoo8 festival 04/07/08
    amazing live.

a gig hmm the academy is.. were pretty good but panic at the disco got me really going :)
    both @ decaydance festival 22/08/07

• Robalob schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Sep. 2008, 23:57
    Metallica @ Reading 2008 for best show
    or Foo Fighters @ Wembley Stadium... hmmm
    or maybe Serj Tankian @ London Forum... I dunno! XD

best gig - Mindless Self Indulgence @ The Astoria

• Best Gig

My fav - probs Stereophonics at the glasgow academy for the XFM winter wonderland, amazing set and they got a great support from the crowd. Thing was i thought the show at the SECC was special just before it...

Probably a gig ill remember for a fair time would be Dirty Pretty things last ever scottish gig :( - Brilliant gig everytime from those guys, with a nice nirvana cover to top it all off :D.

and the most recent gig (thought id throw this in) - if you ever get the chance to see the courteeners live - do it, you wont be disappointed - absolutely class at the barrowlands and id love to see them again sometime soon, oh wait i am :p

The Unshockable Lead Guitarist
    • mardyxbum schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Okt. 2008, 13:01
    Fave gig so far has to be Babyshambles at the London Forum or Foals at Brixton.

It may change soon though as i'm seein the view on friday and kings of leon in december!

• I absolutely loved Radio 1's Big Day Out. The atmosphere was awesome, 30000 odd people. It was so amazing, especially when the main stage tent filled. A load of the bands said it was the biggest gig they'd ever played and the noise was amazing.

• DOUG BEST GIG EVER

OK.. tricky on this, but these are some of my highlights...

THE PIXIES - Alexandra Palace, 2005
    I had been waiting for this one for about 15 years, a real long time in coming. Despite the less than perfect acoustics, the gig was fantastic, a great crowd-pleasing set of the classics. Even did my first crowd surf since since about 1995. And who said they would never reform?

MANIC STREET PREACHERS - Astoria, December 1993
    Talking of crowd surfs, think I spent most of this gig in the air. Was Richie's last ever gig before he went missing, so especially poignant. A really energetic set from the Manics at their (my opinion) very best form.

THE RACONTEURS - Brixton 2006
    If you have never seen Jack White perform, then beg, borrow or steal a ticket next time he is in town. He is an awesome showman and this was him on top form.

VAMPIRE WEEKEND - Kentish Town Forum 2008
    Only last week, so I admit the bias of memory, but a truly phenomenal set from these yanks.

• AND THE WINNER WAS....

KINGS OF LEON - Oxford Brooks Student Union, 2004

Just after second album release, KOL toured the UK, and turned up in this tiny venue in oxford, playing to crowds of hundreds not thousands. I stood up against the small stage with no barriers or security. Was probably less than a metre away from the band.

Was the best gig I have ever seen. Hands down.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Okt. 2008, 0:47
    I think mine deffinitelly as to be
    Radiohead supported by Sigur Ros at Tredegar Park in Newport, Wales, 2000
    my two fave bands playing at the same gig
    and it was in my hometown and in a tent
    was very surreal and from the first minute
    to last I was in awe and in tears and felt a part of the music lol
    (sorry if that sounds corny but i've never felt a feeling close to it since)

• Radiohead...

I wish so much that I had seen radiohead in 2000... i did not see them until this year. Massivly dissapointing stadium gig from one of my favourite bands... only played 1 song from the first 3 albums!...

• robert42 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Nov. 2008, 14:13
    Stephen Marley + Damian Marley + K'Naan at the Forum 2007, for the BOB MARLEY EXODUS 30 Yr anniversary was amazing

ALSO:

THE ROOTS and LUPE FIASCO both at somerset gardens,

also little brother at jazz cafe was HYPED UP

http://www.youtube.com/user/bob42jh
    Add my facebook page for music posts/downloads...etc
    http://www.facebook.com/bob42jh
  • erm..for me I'd say either Muse and Wembley Stadium 16/06/07
    or Oasis at Wembley Arena 17/10/08 OR The View at The Old Market 31/10/08

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.