Music suggestion

• Pinkey schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Mai. 2004, 17:21

Music suggestion

Any suggestions... would like to expand my game music horizon...

((/*We're all gonna die alone*/))
    • lavos222 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Mai. 2004, 7:27
    http://www.ocremix.org/ is a great place to expand.

Specifically, I mainly listen to Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI, VII and IX (basic stuff, I guess). If you can find it, the orchestrated Smash Brothers and Ocarina of Time albums are really good. I happen to like the Earthbond soundtrack, but that may just be me

Bearbeitet von lavos222 am 31. Mai. 2004, 7:29
    • zarks schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Jul. 2004, 20:09
    http://www.vgmix.com is another great site. It has a good ratings system so you can see what is good or not.

A malleable creature that speaks with a laudanum tongue
    And i promise you deeply
    The righteous will triumph over all adversity
    • Godai schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Aug. 2004, 8:21
    Depends on your tastes really, I guess. I like the "Silent Hill" series music, as well as most stuff by Hitoshi Sakimoto, such as the "Final Fantasy Tactics" soundtrack, or the upcoming, "Gradius V".

If you like shooter music, "ESPGaluda", is a great one.

• Dracil schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 14. Aug. 2004, 7:40
    Check out the stuff by I've Sound and KOTOKO. They do songs for a lot of Japanese PC games (well, mainly hentai stuff), but also some other stuff. I've Sound generally does the music, and KOTOKO's their most popular singer (you may have heard her in some anime like Shooting Star from Onegai Teacher).

There may be many other fish in the sea, but there are just as many fishermen.

I am a Global Nomad.
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Aug. 2004, 18:49
    I always listen to Koichi Sugiyama and Yoko Kanno ^^

• Drakken schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Sep. 2004, 0:19
    Any game music fan should really check out (if you can get it) the Atelier Iris ETERNAL MANA soundtrack. It's absolutely fantastic.

• The Neskimos

http://www.neskimos.com/ - Check these guys out, good stuff.

• If you're into C64 remixes, then remix.kwed.org would be a great place to start.

• If you're into the orignial 8-bit kind of stuff, there's a player called Meridian Advance that lets you download files in .nsf and other original game formats. I think different versions of Winamp also have plug-ins that can play those types of files.

• Not sure what you're into.. but.. I love anything by Jesper Kyd (the Hitman series, Freedom Fighters, Robotech: Invasion), Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill soundtracks (agreed, Godai), Tim Larkin and Jack Wall's work on the Myst soundtracks, American McGee's Alice soundtrack (by Tweaker), Stuart Chatwood's Prince of Persia soundtracks, Richard Jacques' Headhunter orchestrations, and most of Jeremy Soule's compositions (Guild Wars, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, Dungeon Siege, etc). There's so much good stuff out there, though.

• KiLMeX schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Jan. 2006, 22:04
    Indeed - game music is not a certain style ...

I really like all stuff from Chris Huelsbeck (Apidya, Turrican, Tunnel B1, X - BTF, Giana Sister ...), Rudolf Stember (Dungeons of Avalon), Jochen Hippel (Amberstar, Wings of Death), Koji Kondo (Zelda OSTs), Straylight (Unreal Tournament, Raptor), Tommy Tallarico Studios (Skullmonkey, Wild 9) and Frank Klepaki (Command & Conquer).

Oh my - I forgot the Quake2 soundtrack! And Final Fantasy 7 and ... and ... and ...

;)

Gamemusic - it's not a genre, but an attitude!
    • Michikawa schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Feb. 2006, 13:41
    Jeremy Soule and Michael Hoenig. Soule has done some remarkable work with Morrowind and Guild Wars while Hoenig brought the RPG genre musically to another level with Baldur's Gate series.

-Matti

• Interested in good rock?

Sonic Adventure 2 - punk/ska'y
    Quake 2 - Industrial - incredible
    Lords of Thunder - Metal
    Dracula Battle Perfect Selection - Metal
    F-Zero GX - Multiple kinds
    Heroes of Might and Magic 2 - Symphony
    Killer Instinct Gold - Fighting
    MegaMan X, Streets of Rage, and TMNT 4 are also excellent

• krose schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Okt. 2006, 13:08
    madfiddler said:
    If you're into C64 remixes, then remix.kwed.org would be a great place to start.

Who knows any albums with classic, not remixed c64 music and not from games, songs like 'orion'

My tops are:
    - Mark Morgan - Fallout 2 & 1 !!!!
    - Starlight Productions - Unreal !!! (not tournament)
    They are absolutely the best for me :)
    - I love compilation for Battlefield Vietnam as well

• ElJackal schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Okt. 2006, 15:13
    Legend of Zelda - Hyrule Symphony

Pure gold if you enjoy the Zelda games, Konji Ito makes the Zelda game music epic. :)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.