What are V.I.P. remixes?

• energis schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Okt. 2008, 12:37

What are V.I.P. remixes?

I see a lot of dubstep tracks with V.I.P. remixes e.g. The Others - Africa VIP on the FabricLive mix. What does the VIP mean and whats with there being so many of them?

Please don't say Very Important Person :]

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Okt. 2008, 10:37
    VIP's are just remixes made by the artist, eg Africa VIP, Rudebwoy Riddim VIP by RUF...

a way to keep the old song alive and sell more records.

i cant really hear much difference on the Africa VIP and old Africa btw.

• kdx0r schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Okt. 2008, 12:46
    ah cool.. i actually also wondered about the VIP in track names and what it should mean.. thanks for telling us :)

• gimmickal schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Okt. 2008, 23:49
    A kind of remix (or just a minor edit) originally intended for only a few individual DJs, but they occasionally end up being released.

• nice, I was wondering too :)

О, имам нужда от псевдоним, Док Мартенс, Зипо и много дим;
    слизам надолу, инкогнито, кротко, тежки парфюми, цигари и водка...
    • exomni schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Nov. 2008, 5:48
    You're supposedly supposed to be a VIP to get those mixes. And actually you probably have to be, as I can't find many of them outside of things like the Fabric Live mixes, which are all beatmatched together with other tracks and not the true mix itself.

• Lion VIP by Vex'd was on their Degenerate album. I hear it's an old track revamped when the artist breaks and has better skills and equipment or something like that.

• naVARO schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Feb. 2009, 20:41
    i think there is a difference, not a huge...but i was a little disappointed by the "standart" africa since i heard the vip mix before.

• discoweb schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Feb. 2009, 3:46
    But what "VIP" stand for? and why did they choose that and not "(Re-Edit)" like other genres?

• Sotobar schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Feb. 2009, 10:01

I think that ...alot of V.I.P remixes are better than the Original Track !

• Chud37 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mai. 2009, 15:25
    Yeah i always wondered. It makes sense tho. So that song was intended for very important people, and then ended up getting released.

I have to say I also was quite dissapointed with the standard version of Africa, having first heard the VIP. The VIP is amazing! Its what got me into dubstep in the first place. I love that song! :D heh.

But i've just made my first VIP and basically i've just taken one of my old songs and expanded on it. Not that im a professional or anything, But if everyone else makes VIPs, then i can too. :)

~Chud37

---------------------------------
    Chud37.com
    ---------------------------------
    • DJStick schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Jun. 2009, 18:57
    Probably it stands for Varied Idea by Producer or Varied Idea in Production.
    Just a little remix of the tune most of the time made by the original producer.

Stick

• Corpan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jun. 2009, 10:31
    тупое обозначение VIP

• Gleitmann schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2009, 17:18
    sounds logical

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Okt. 2009, 14:50
    It's a remix of a track usually done by the original artist. It can be a small or large change to the original. Unless they become hugely popular, they are often only pressed on whitelabels/dubplates and distributed to a select number of DJs within the scene.

• dense

• Krupt0 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Nov. 2009, 5:49
    Variation In Production

• Kodoichi schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Nov. 2009, 20:53
    -

Bearbeitet von Kodoichi am 15. Jun. 2011, 21:05
    • rdingwall schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Dez. 2009, 0:40

Re: ...

Sotobar said:
    I think that ...alot of V.I.P remixes are better than the Original Track !

That's the idea! Usually they're designed to blow the dance floor apart - a super deluxe version of the original that only a few top DJs have the privilege of playing.

• Gepule schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Dez. 2009, 14:15
    • johnevdre schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jul. 2010, 4:37

if it really means 'exclusive mix for VIP DJ's'....

...i don't think Hospital Records got the memo, because they seem to have no issue releasing VIP versions of tracks. I'm more inclined to believe that it means 'Variation in Production'.

btw, it does seem to be that VIPs are revisits by the original producer. otherwise they are just remixes.

• Krupt0 said:
    Variation In Production

this

• korl3one schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Aug. 2010, 17:02
    I reckon its Variation In Production, as in a lot of cases the VIP contains samples exclusively from the original track.

• PeePeeDee schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Dez. 2010, 10:12
    a v.i.p is the orginal track contrusted differently so they're using all the sam sounds, just layering them and changing the order. Variation In Production

• Very very helpful, I've been scratching my head for years lol

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.