[Review] Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire / Nesseria split

• KMFCM schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Aug. 2011, 3:06

[Review] Clinging to the Trees of a Forest Fire / Nesseria split

Clinging To The Trees of a Forest Fire / Nesseria split
    Songs of Ill Hope was a little bit of a blur. A lot of it went in one ear and out the other. The material on this split is staying with me. The guitars are more audible, even during the hyperblasting. . .which is crazy considering it's a lot more raw than the last full length. The vocalist concentrates on his screeching vocals, which just ads to the bind rage vibe throughout. If you heard Visceral, you know the song "lower than life. . " already. The other three songs are new. The first song is blazing fast, and after that, you get heavy doses of drag-you-through-the-mud-tied-to-an-off-road-vehicle sludge with the grind. This stuff is as good as anything on "Omega...". Up next, Nesseria...from France. I kinda feel like their side should have come first. having to follow the kind of dominant blackness CTTTOAFF bring does a band no favors. Still, I think they hold their own. They sound like Perth Express with less speed. I hear just a tiny bit of black metal influence too . . not as much as countrymen Celeste though. They play some solid metalcore/skrams, but nothing that really catches me. The song "Fils De La Fin De Siècle" is probably my favorite on their side. Clinging definitely takes the show, though.
    8/10

"i'm looking over your shoulder, but only because I've got your back" - Stephen Colbert
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.