Favourite Discworld Book

• Satyrane schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Nov. 2008, 23:53
    "Small Gods" is my favorite book, followed by any of the Vimes novels (yes, I am a fangirl, watch me obsess). I've actually found that I like The Color of Magic and The Light Fantastic the least after reading more Pratchett.
    "Nation" was good, but it read very much like Small Gods to me. I suppose there were similar themes and such.

This shaking keeps me steady. I should know.
    What falls away is always. And is near.
    I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
    I learn by going where I have to go.
    T. Roethke
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Jan. 2009, 22:39
    Somehow I cannot choose. It's a pretty tough choice between all about the guards and all about Death. Anyway, my first Discworld novel was "Thief of Time", so I'll say that one.

• It's gotta be "Interesting Times" for me, although everyting with Death, Rincewind or the City Watch is usually brilliant :)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jan. 2009, 14:53
    I'll say it's "Reaper Man" because that was the first Discworld novel I ever read.
    I also like the books with the City Watch and the Witches.

• x35JOW337 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Jan. 2009, 5:33
    The book I've re-read the most is probably 'Hogfather' but my favourite is 'Night Watch' and the City Watch in general. I was introduced to the Discworld through listening to Mort on tape, read by Tony Robinson, so I've got a permanent soft spot for Death as well.

• KayJay123 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Jun. 2009, 5:25
    I love every book in the Death series. He is by far my favorite literary character :).

"S to the C R O double L. My name is not Norman but still I rock well!!" - Strong Bad

Sweet group for lady gamers on telltalegames.com!
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/group.php?groupid=47
    • Bennylol schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Jul. 2009, 23:16
    Tough. It's Hogfather, followed by Men at arms. But my favourite overall arc is the City watch

• Benutzer
    • 24. Jul. 2009, 16:20
    My favourite would be "Strata." This is the last book I've read from Pratchett and it really explains some stuff. But not about the water troll who fell from his world. I don't know about him.

When you have read all the books from the Discworld series, my recommendation is that you read "Strata" in case you of course haven't read it before.

And to Saytrane: "Nation" is not from the Discworld series or have I understood something very wrong?

• LiidaS schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Aug. 2009, 11:50
    my favourites are Mort, Reaper Man and Night Watch, so far

• UKPunky schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Sep. 2009, 1:15
    Any book with Rincewind in it. He is just the best:) Especially The Colour Of Magic and The Light Fantastic.

• REAPER MAN!! NIGHT WATCH!!! LORDS AND LADIES!!

• Yskewin schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Dez. 2012, 10:33
    I will say "Making Money", "Mort" and "Hogfather" but I really love the rest.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.