Hello all - I'm new here and I have some specific questions...

• Hello all - I'm new here and I have some specific questions...

To begin with, my name is Bernd Herrmann and I was born in Germany, but emigrated to the US at the age of 6. I am now 60 years old and am retired from the US Marine Corps. I am currently a new home sales Broker and also am a physical fitness instructor. I go by the nickname of "Ben" since there is no direct nickname for "Bernd" in the US.

My father was originally from Prussia and my Mother was from Karnten Villach, Austria (I was born in Moosburg, Bavaria).

Okay, so much for the introductions. I'm hoping that someone out there can help me on my quest here.

I lost my parents recently - they both passed on at the rip old age of 90. As a retired Marine Corps combat veteran, and also because my father was a member of the German Wehrmacht during WW II, I am desperately trying to find out where I can purchase German Bundeswehr March Music CD's (Heeresmusikkops, Luftwaffenmusikkorps, etc.). I used to collect German marches as a youngster (when they were on record albums).

Since the passing of my father, I am strongly attracted to these things. The problem is that I live in the state of North Carolina, USA and I can find no outlet (here in the US) where I can order a wide selection of German March Musik albums - in particular, from Bundeswehr brass bands.

Does anyone have a guide where I can purchase the actual CD's (not downloads) and where I can communicate in English - a site perhaps? Remember, I came to the USA at the age of 6 and my German is not the best. This is driving me crazy, and I realize I may need some "outside" help here.

I prefer that anyone can reach me directly (not here). You can reach me direct via my email at: benherrmann@earthlink.net

My mobile phone in the US is: 919-604-1715 from 9 AM to 9 PM daily.

Thanking you in advance for any much needed information, I remain...

Sincerely,

Ben Herrmann

As always - Die Fahne Hoch!
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.