• Holomorph schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mai. 2007, 12:29

Photo

Here's a cool new picture of Danny's bronze kit off the Paiste website (possibly taken on their current US tour):

• I want it. Looks like hours of fun.

It's not fair for drummers. All our shit is expensive for decent quality stuff. Ill be 80 before i have the kit of my dreams.

• If this kit isn't the the typical prog execess I don't know what is. Carey is beyond cool.

• Holomorph schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Jan. 2008, 0:56
    I don't know, I don't see that as typical prog excess. :P
    Portnoy's kit would much more qualify as that. In Danny's case, if you remove the electronics (which are pretty much indispensable because of all the percussion stuff going on in a lot of Tool tracks) you have a fairly medium-sized kit, and he really uses the full extent of it on most songs. It's quite well thought out and he only has what he really needs.

• I stand corrected: excess (english isn't my first language, but this was a typo)

I'm not a drummer, just a drum fan, so my opinion isn't a specially informed one... Still, most drum kits I've seen are about half the size of Danny's -acoustic- set.

In any case I say: go excess! nine plus min. songs makes for very interesting, sometimes extraordinary, music.

PS: Please excuse any typo/bad grammar/etc. Once again, english isn't my first language.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 11. Mai. 2008, 17:18
    dayummmmmm

what s fuckin sexy sexy drum set! If anyone doesn't know, each one of those drums, are molded out of the same bronze alloy that Paiste uses to make their cymbals.

I was lucky enough to get a snare drum made out of the bronze alloy lol, but i cant even begin to fathom how much two bass drums and four toms would would set back an average joe like you and me =p

haha ahhhhh it just looking at this pic makes me all tingly inside =]

• arbola48 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Nov. 2008, 7:07
    Eff sex.
    I could screw with this all day. ; )
    Beautiful kit.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.