Recommend me some Opera

• Recommend me some Opera

Hi fellow Classical & Metal Users,

I'm searching for some good opera, especially like Puccini's works. I love the strong vocals and aries which nicely blend in with the music so I'm open for any suggestion you might have.

Thanks in advance!

• tihsymtae schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 31. Dez. 2009, 18:15
    Hmm, well that's not very specific. If you like Puccini, I'm pretty sure you'll like Bizet. His most famous opera is Carmen, but Les Pecheurs des Perles is also pretty good.

Beyond that I'm not really sure what to say. "Strong vocals" describes pretty much all opera, and "blends with the music" is too subjective.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Jan. 2010, 15:32
    I think Bizet´s Carmen, Tchaikovsky´s The Queen of Spades or anything of Wagner would be good...but like tihsymtae said above that´s not very specific.. But if you like Puccini I think you´d like earlier works like Henry Purcell´s Dido and Aeneas or something of Handel.....

• Thank you for your input, I'll surely check your recommendations. I don't know how to put it better, but with "strong" vocals I meant vocals which spark with feeling for the lyrical content and the music, voices that "carry you away" because of their intonation, powerful but still subtle sometimes, assertive to the music.

• Maria Callas singing Wagner: Tristan und Isolde: Liebestod in Italian language. Unfortunately there are no other recordings with her from Tristan und Isolde by Richard Wagner, but there is a tag radio on Last.fm including this track where you can compare different performances, too.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.