Recommendations

• WLDB schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Feb. 2009, 2:45

Recommendations

Im not really a major fan, but I can easily see myself becoming one. I am 20, so I havent really been around all that long. I first noticed Bruce in 2002 when the Rising came out, I thought it was pretty catchy. My history teacher loves this guy and has given lectures about him and his impact on American culture. So one day last summer I just decided to take a chance and bought "Magic" and The essentials. More or less a greatest hits. And I liked it. Ended up buying the Rising and have ordered the new album. I dont know much about his earlier career, so what im looking for is recommendations on some of his better albums from his earlier career.

-Wes
    • frode1974 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Feb. 2009, 17:02
    I think most Springsteen-fans will agree that "Born to Run" and "Darkness on the edge of town" is the 2 best Springsteen-albums.

However Springsteen is absolutely best live, so you should try to get some bootlegs. You can start by visiting http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/bruce-springsteen-concert/3264-993.html where you can stream Springsteens legendary 1978-concert from Winterland.

It's even totally legal and free of charge...

• rfruth11 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2009, 4:13

• I think tath "Born to Run" is his star album. It's the best record I've listened in my life.

• Tunnel of love

Tunnel of love album is really good, but it's less rock but im not saying thats bad cause I love it. also greatest hits and I have just got the new album working on a dream for my dad lol

• [b]Live 1975-1985 [/b]

The best live album "Live 1975-1985".

• trevis_lu schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Jul. 2009, 20:23
    born to run. i belive that btr should be the access album at the poetic world of bruce. songs like backstreets or jungleland are not only songs but shows whole worlds as the best novels or movies can do, and this only in few minutes. i belive that it happens only with some song of the boss and some of bob dylan..
    and then darkness, and nebraska

• WLDB schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Sep. 2009, 6:21
    Seven months later I now have all of the above albums and love them. Particularly the Live 1975-85 and Darkness on the Edge of Town.

-Wes
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.