Last.fm alternatives?

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2009, 14:27

Last.fm alternatives?

• Sorry lastfm, I'm leaving.

I heard Imeen had a better sound quality (less compressed probably).

There's also spotify.com and jiwa.fr

A not profitable enough user of lastfm. Good bye last fm...
  • rockola.fm could be a nice alternative too

and goear.com

Let the Music be your master...
  • even thought I fucking love this place!!

I don't wanna leave and I think I won't...but still, it's good to have different options available...

Let the Music be your master...
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2009, 16:12
    Thank God I found Spotify recently. The adds there suck too, though.
    Live365 is another good option.

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2009, 23:36
    • nekidule schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 1:09

it's crystal clear

in a couple of months there will be a similar service based on bit torrent.

music industry had a lot of success in chasing their customers away from services they could control and make money from, to "illegal" ones that nobody can control or make money from.

those ppl are complete idiots -> couple a months ago my mobile phone carrier introduced a plan for unlimited music download for 5e per month. i thought they finally came to their sense, and went to their web site with a credit card in my hands, only to find out that tracks will be locked to a device i change every year... neatherless to say, my next stop was the pirate bay...

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 1:12
    • PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 1:34
  • Alternatives

Batanga * Blip.fm * deezer.com * iLike * imeem * Live365 * Jamendo * MOG * Musicovery * Pandora * Playlist.com * Slacker * SpiralFrog * Spotify * We7 * Zune Social

Some of these doesn't work outside US, I'm trying now Blip.fm and you can listen what you want, kind of cool.

• Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 4:45
    I've been listening all day to http://www.somafm.com , available worldwide for free, and I'm totally in love with the stations. They don't give you music on demand but the good thing is that they have capable DJs choosing the content, no more stupid tags or unrelated artists ruining the whole experience.

• Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 11:06
    i also like shoutcast. on linux there's a client where you can rip the stream you listen with just one click. (only thing i miss if you could rip from one or two minutes ago, after having discovered that the music is cool.) (would be very easy to implement, i have it in my studio software, but don't know how to program other things apart from music.)

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 14:16
    Not exactly an alternative, it's a different type of site, but judging by comments it is worth looking http://hypem.com/

• Seeabas schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 14:42
    • PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 16:12
    This one is aimed at the Spanish language audience
    (Este está orientado a los Hispano parlantes)

http://www.yes.fm/

• Rick85 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 18:55
    We need something that scrobbles, the only other site that does this i know is ilike.com; even though all these alternatives are good, the one thing that makes last.fm so specials, other than the fine sistem of recommendations, is the scrobbling.
    We also have to find some way to import our "history" we created on last.fm.

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 19:47
    @Rick85 Yes, I agree about the scrobbles, but something tells me we won't have to wait too long for that.

• PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 19:48
    • PSR-B1937 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 19:51
    And also another one about the mufin player, I love it.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13526_3-10184456-27.html

• my space

• FoltynD schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mär. 2009, 22:15

bit different one

bit different yet may interest some ... http://www.streamerp2p.com/

Ideas are like ocean without borders !
  • Spotify says unless I subscribe to 9,99 € per month, it's not available in my country yet. pfft

Doesn't sound too bad though.

Bearbeitet von chiaroscuro2 am 27. Mär. 2009, 13:29
    • CaptSwan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Mär. 2009, 13:19
    I'm trying Rocola.fm. It's a very good option and it's free. I get to listen what I want, the only thing it doesn't has the grade of personalization you can give to your account here. However, it's a sacrifice I'd have to do if Lastfm keeps with this.

Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.
  • Deezer looks OK...

• chiaroscuro2 said:
    Spotify says unless I subscribe to 9,99 € per month, it's not available in my country yet. pfft

Doesn't sound too bad though.

Ditto. If it was available for free in my country, I'd give it a shot. Looks interesting enough. They claim they have no idea when they'll be bringing it to other countries, free of charge, though :(

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.