Non-Electronic?

• Jatup schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Mai. 2009, 19:07

Non-Electronic?

I know most people here enjoy electronic music more, but do you listen to any non-electronic stuff?

I enjoy rock, especially stuff from the 70s and early 80s. Bands like Pink Floyd (first place in my overall chart), The Doors, Rolling Stones, Dire Straits etc.
    I'm also a big fan of neofolk. Current 93 and Nature and Organisation is some of the most beautiful music I ever heard. Same goes for Of the Wand and the Moon, Blood Axis and Death In June. Unfortunately neofolk is often affiliated with Nazism and racism when it doesn't even touch these subjects.
    As far as metal goes folk and black are awesome. There is a lot of average stuff, but some of it is great.
    I like to listen to some classical, but only once in a while. I'm also getting into punk, but there is a lot of average stuff and real garbage in that genre. Misfits stands out the most so far.

• I listen to some non-electronic music. Some artists include: Tool, Coldplay, Korn, System Of A Down, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Static-X, Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Pink Floyd.

Some rap such as: Outkast, Mac Dre, Andre Nickatina, Brotha Lynch Hung, Nas, Snoop, Warren G, Tha Dogg Pound, NWA, Common, 2Pac, thats about it for my non-electronic music not much i know:) Electronica all the way:) Nice thread by the way Jatup:)

Music is who u r on the inside:)
  • I must admit, I listen to very very little non-electronic music. To be quite honest, almost all the various moods, subtleties, nuances and instrumental varieties of non-electronic music I can find hidden away somewhere in electronic music.

I do have about a gig of rap, which I delve into occasionally. I was very into Eminem when I was growing up. But when you consider that my collection now stands at 257 gig, that one gig of rap stands very lonely on its own.

I've branched out a lot over the last few years, and I'm always interested in the ways electronic music mirrors non-electronic music in terms of the cultural and social avenues it borrows from - but I don't think I will ever make a truly concerted effort to build a collection of non-electronic music. I'm too far gone, I think.

• Addicted2Melody, i agree, i rarelt listen to my non-electronic music, it is non-existent to me already, i dont think i will ever go back to my other music, electronic speaks to me too much:)

• Jatup schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Mai. 2009, 14:43
    Interesting, I have to admit I couldn't live without non-electronic music. I omitted hip-hop because technically it is electronic, but I can see why it's usually not classified as such. There are 3 hip-hop projects I listen to on regular basis for years now. Paktofonika, Kaliber 44 and O.S.T.R. Great rap, with good lyrics that make you think unlike most other rap you hear. Ah and they rap in Polish :P I would recommend Kaliber's first album to anyone though. It's very psychedelic unlike any other hip-hop I ever heard. I'm also thinking of digging into "undergroud hip-hop" because it sounds promising. I can't stand all the mainstream hip-hop you hear on the radio.

• You got me thinking Jatup, where you did you find this kind f Rap? For me if the Lyrics are worth it, i will give it a try, i will dig into those Rap Groups you put up:)

• Jatup schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Mai. 2009, 3:13
    Well they rap in Polish so I'm not sure you'll understand the lyrics ;) I got most of it from a friend of mine who was a huge rap fan and then I got some more from the groups I found particularly good. I can send you a link to the psychedelic album if you want :) Even without knowing Polish you sound find it interesting.

• Sweet, for sure, i will def give it a try:)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2009, 23:52
    music is a limited art if you stick to a genre,motorheads ace of spades and evil nine`s devil stuff have the same intensity.rap?,J5,matisyahou.i believe there are two kinds of music,good music and shit music.the best part is we all get to decide which is which&i havent heard a bad track yet on the group radio.:-)

• I have found some also, such as Outkast, Common, Nas, Mac Dre, Andre nickatina, 2Pac, Method Man, Redman, Skillz, these guys show me the way in in=other music:)

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Jun. 2009, 14:37
    don`t know if you`ve heard of Alabama 3,but they got a good tune you might a kick out of,it`s called Ain`t goin`to goa.you got good taste in rap Shponglation,i`m kinda partial to Ol`Dirty Bastard and Goldie Lookin Chain.

• Ol' Dirty Bastard has some good stuff, never heard of Goldie Looking Chain though, or Alabama 3, gonna check it out.

• ZodRau schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Jun. 2009, 9:23
    My CD collection speaks of the time when my head wasn't entirely occupied with electronic...

Frank Zappa, Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, The Cure, Depeche Mode, New Order, R.E.M., David Bowie, The Residents, Love & Rockets, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Yes, Jethro Tull, Queen, Primus, NIN, Ministry, Rob Zombie, Men At Work, Flock of Seagulls, The Bauhaus, The Talking Heads, Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson, Canadian Brass, Peter Gabriel - that I recall.

I haven't really listened to any of those for quite awhile. Tracks with lyrical content have a story to tell. I've heard those stories. Now I'm concentrating on my story, and the electronic tracks I listen to, with their fractal nature of simplicity on the surface, though often rife with subtle complexity - these are the soundtracks to my story.

• WOW! If i liked other music, i will go back to this list you put up, i need to check it out for sure.

• non electronic-what is that.

if anyone can recommend non electronic which can make me feel good,i will appreciate it very much.

Everything is Nothing.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 27. Dez. 2010, 22:41
    • zenxlow schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 18. Okt. 2009, 9:01

what is music

music is all of creation, sound is creation of light, love is the sound of creation

OM
    • nanapo schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Nov. 2009, 13:35
    I'm actually the kind of a guy who got into electronic music later on, along with most other genre. I listen to all kinds of music really, from black metal and pop to jazz and classical and from avant-garde to noise and ethnic music, I'll give anything a try. Right now though I mostly listen to electronic and ethnic, tribal music.

• zenxlow said... User 18 Oct 2009, 01:01 what is music
    music is all of creation, sound is creation of light, love is the sound of creation

I agree with that statement 100%!

• Fraansen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jan. 2011, 15:23
    Ozric Tentacles creates great non-electronic music! Along with them Pink Floyd, Children of Bodom, Dream Theater and Modest Mouse is all...

All music is indeed a creation from the same ground conditions and today almost all music can be called electronic in one way or another... The values you put in music is a lot different between us. And that leads us to the question, what should be called music? What is mostly like music between birds singing or the latest "r'n'b-mtv-hit".

What is creating and what is copying coz i don't think copying should be called a creation of love and light but still it's called music... It's is impossible to say if something is electronic or not today but in same way it's impossible to say if it's music or not. It's all up too the listener. :)

Anyway... The bands i mentioned above is what "non-electronic" music is in my world.

Love!

Music is Magic.
  • I love Modest Mouse, very unique band!

• Now Ozric Tentacles is two-way street for me, they are electronic and not:) They are considered to be one of the founders of Goa/Psychedelic trance:)

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.