How come this is Absolutepunk, yet none of these bands are punk?

• How come this is Absolutepunk, yet none of these bands are punk?

Brand new, Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy = not punk
    Joy Division, Swans, Crass = Punk

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 12. Aug. 2006, 0:32
    Welcome to the internet.

• oh yeah, and the group icon just SCREAMS punk rock!

Like you couldn't tell what you were getting into in the first place... jack ass.

• Benutzer
    • 13. Aug. 2006, 3:45
    justdontdie said:
    oh yeah, and the group icon just SCREAMS punk rock!

Like you couldn't tell what you were getting into in the first place... jack ass.

Hey, I remember you. You told me to die once!

• mandadepp schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Aug. 2006, 23:11
    HAHAHAHAHA!! You gotta be kidding. Punk is NOFX. Gawd people are stupid...Brand New....? WTF!?

• It's a name of a site... Prob one or two people named the site, but this is just a group dedicated to that site/community.

• Joy Division is punk? WTF are you talking about? If you're going to insult people for calling the stuff they're listening to punk when it's not, at least be remotely accurate in your own list.

Punk is Sex Pistols, NOFX, Bad Religion, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat (no, they aren't straightedge, I don't care what anyone says), and arguably The Clash although they went a bit too close to the mainstream for my punk taste. And yes, I do listen to a lot of the bands that are called punk on AP.net. I just know they aren't "real" punk.

But now it's me and luck
    Best of friends and drunk again and we're all going to Hell
    And what I mean to say is I mean that in the best possible way
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Sep. 2006, 0:47
    t3h1337j35u5 said:
    Joy Division is punk? WTF are you talking about? If you're going to insult people for calling the stuff they're listening to punk when it's not, at least be remotely accurate in your own list.

Punk is Sex Pistols, NOFX, Bad Religion, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat (no, they aren't straightedge, I don't care what anyone says), and arguably The Clash although they went a bit too close to the mainstream for my punk taste. And yes, I do listen to a lot of the bands that are called punk on AP.net. I just know they aren't "real" punk.

Black Flag, Bad Brains, and Minor Threat are hardcore bands. Also, Joy Division was part of the post-punk movement that grew out of the initial punk explosion. AKA- Yeah, they are a punk band.

• R-Mac schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Sep. 2006, 11:39
    Hardcore is a subgenre of punk...and Joy Division's a little too new-wavy to be a punk band.

Nuh-uh, you can't tell me NOTHIN.
  • BF, BB and MT are hardcore/punk bands. Joy Division is borderline at best; I agree with R-Mac.

But now it's me and luck
  • justdontdie said:
    oh yeah, and the group icon just SCREAMS punk rock!

QFT

• Benutzer
    • 9. Sep. 2006, 2:50
    i'm pretty sure absolutepunk started as a blink 182 fansite, and just spread out to cover all aspects of alternative rock.

i'm in love with it... i check it multiple times a day and get news for bands from chevelle to circa survive. it's awesome, reguardless of the name or fanbase.

• Benutzer
    • 9. Sep. 2006, 3:44
    I prefer Punknews.org. The news is more then just a bunch of unconfirmed rumors, and they generally don't bother with mainstream bands that have nothing to do with punk.

• Benutzer
    • 9. Sep. 2006, 3:45
    I prefer Punknews.org. The news is more then just a bunch of unconfirmed rumors, and they generally don't bother with mainstream bands that have nothing to do with punk.

• Hey, GV, I tell people to die a lot. In fact, it's my job to MAKE people die, so don't feel bad. Nothing personall, just buisness... oh, and wtf does "QFT" mean?

• Ok to end all of this maybe for 1.THE NAMES OF THE BANDS THAT I WRITE ARE PUNK 2.EVERYONE GROW UP AND 3.YOU GUYS DONT KNOW MUSIC IF IT WAS TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS ECEPT FOR MANADEPP!!!!!
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER
    10.DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL

bing bing bing
    • Jonnyborg schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Nov. 2006, 3:38
    cottonball46 said:
    Ok to end all of this maybe for 1.THE NAMES OF THE BANDS THAT I WRITE ARE PUNK 2.EVERYONE GROW UP AND 3.YOU GUYS DONT KNOW MUSIC IF IT WAS TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS ECEPT FOR MANADEPP!!!!!
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

Go read the wikipedia or something. Even its inaccuracy is better then your ingnorance.

• Jonnyborg said:
    cottonball46 said:
    Ok to end all of this maybe for 1.THE NAMES OF THE BANDS THAT I WRITE ARE PUNK 2.EVERYONE GROW UP AND 3.YOU GUYS DONT KNOW MUSIC IF IT WAS TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS ECEPT FOR MANADEPP!!!!!
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

Go read the wikipedia or something. Even its inaccuracy is better then your ingnorance.

Fuck NO im not kiddin maybe if you actually fit in the crowd punk emo you know what music is but other than that you dont know what your talkin bout so why dont you take your ugly ass out of the 20s and wake up its the 20 century not the 2 century duh ass-hole wilkipedia dont know shit just like you

bing bing bing
    • Blur707 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Nov. 2006, 4:37
    QFT means Quite Fuckin True

"No matter how hard I try, the love in my heart can not make another people."
    --- John Holmberg (Holmberg's Morning Sickness 98 KUPD)

http://www.98kupd.com/els/elsMainMenu.asp
  • cottonball46 said:
    Jonnyborg said:
    cottonball46 said:
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

Fuck NO im not kiddin maybe if you actually fit in the crowd punk emo you know what music is but other than that you dont know what your talkin bout so why dont you take your ugly ass out of the 20s and wake up its the 20 century not the 2 century duh ass-hole wilkipedia dont know shit just like you

hahahahahaha, you are funny on so many different levels.

you've got a point though: wilkipedia really don't know shit. true story 100%!!

• Oh so now you decide to not bite my head off :}

bing bing bing
  • Jonnyborg said:
    cottonball46 said:
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

Hey, give the kid a break. At least he managed to get one right.

But now it's me and luck
  • t3h1337j35u5 said:
    Jonnyborg said:
    cottonball46 said:
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

not one right.do you homework good :)

• Benutzer
    • 10. Nov. 2006, 0:12
    Look kid, while you can like any music you want, thats not punk. Does it really matter to you THAT much that what you listen to be referred to as punk? Can't you just like something and not get upset when it doesn't fall into the genre you wish it fit into? I wish I was cool and liked old timey Jazz, but I'm not pretending that Sleater-Kinney is a Jazz band.

• At least you can say you're a heavy metal fanatic with all that Fugazi you listen to. ;)

unacceptablex said:
    t3h1337j35u5 said:
    Jonnyborg said:
    cottonball46 said:
    1.AFI
    2.GOOD CHARLOTTE
    3.INTERPOL
    4.THURSDAY
    5.HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS
    6.KILL HANNAH
    7.NOFX
    8.STORY OF THE YEAR
    9.HINDER

you are kidding right?

not one right.do you homework good :)

NOFX is punk. None of the rest are.

"do you homework good"... uh, could someone please translate that to English for me? Thanks.

But now it's me and luck
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.