Favourite 70's metal band.

• Izzystone schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Mai. 2011, 1:00

Favourite 70's metal band.

What metal band starting out in the late 60's /70's do you appreciate the most ?

Discuss it here!

• haha

I have no idea about this

• KeIemvor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 6. Mai. 2011, 7:24
    Black Sabbath. Definitely and without a doubt. Their '70s work is still among the most creative and brilliant stuff in metal to this day. Timeless stuff. Hardly any other band has such a consistent array of classics

• Izzystone schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Mai. 2011, 20:56
    Judas Priest for my part, along with Sabbath, UFO, early Rush, Scorpions and Rainbow.

70's Priest is the best music I've ever heard.

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Jul. 2011, 23:48
    what about Budgie? do you know them ? they're not the best but they're close I guess :)

• KeIemvor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Aug. 2011, 1:02
    I wouldn't count Rush as a metal band. They are hardly metal, although they have their borderline/proto metal moments.

• Izzystone schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Sep. 2011, 5:26
    Early Rush can absolutely be defined as early metal. The last of the albums being on the metal path being 2112, after that they took an even bigger step towards progrock!

• KeIemvor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Okt. 2011, 13:40
    I can agree on some songs like 2112 title track (Temples of Syrinx in particular), Anthem, Cygnus X-1 or Fountain being proto-metal, but definitely no whole album. It's mostly hard rock undoubtly. In general I consider Rush a hard rock band with progressive influences, sometimes more (even full-blown), sometimes less (most of the time).

• Deep Purple...
    The real Heavy Metal progenitors.

*Speed Up tempos
    *Virtuoso musicians
    *Classical and Progressive Rock influences
    *Operatic vocals
    *Energy

All the caracteristics of the Heavy Metal

Black Sabbath, Sir Lord Baltimore, Blue Cheer, Cream, Buffalo, May Blitz etc. Played in the 60's-70's Heavy Psychedelic Rock

I Died as i Lived, as i Loved and was born, on some distant hill. The reasons to Hide were the reasons I Cried, Fools pass laughing Still.
  • Black Sabbath and Rainbow ever

• Scorpions

today all life is gone
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Apr. 2012, 0:37
    There's no doubt, Black Sabbath!!! And Judas Priest rrrrrrrright behind!
    Anyway, I MUST dig into bands like Budgie or Blue Öyster Cult

• Sabbath, Priest and Rainbow.

• Deep purple n sabbath

• LiannaFox schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Jul. 2012, 3:26
    they all are so cute... UFO, Scorpions, Deep Purple... they are still popular, they are tested by time. ZZ Top is not a metal band i suppose, but their song are also lovely

• Sabbath without a doubt for me, closely followed by Motorhead and Deep Purple. All awsome pioneers of heavy music.

When the dream came I held my breath with my eyes closed, I went insane, like a smoke ring day when the wind blows.
    • KeIemvor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 10. Mai. 2013, 20:57
    HumbertoGillan said:
    Black Sabbath [...] Played in the 60's-70's Heavy Psychedelic Rock

Cool story bro!

• Benutzer
    • 26. Nov. 2013, 19:27
    Many bands mentioned here are not Heavy Metal, more like Hard Rock, like Rush. But i wont discuss much about it.

For me, the best are Black Sabbath, no doubt. Their consistency in classics and influence (specially from Iommi) cant be matched. Not even by Judas Priest, who might be at second place. Of course there are also Motorhead and Rainbow (wich i consider to be Hard Rock/Heavy Metal).

• LeoWolf18 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Mär. 2014, 15:01
    Scorpions

• you know that hard and heavy Irishmen who practically "invented" and perfected dual/twin guitar harmonies in hard rock/heavy metal? I bet you do hehe! Thin Lizzy of course! They had it all, great sound, great talent and ofc the greatest lyrcis and songwriting of all time (at least in my opinion) by one and only Phil Lynott. Boy, that man could tell a story, you could and still can feel all his emotions expressed through his lyrics!

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.