Forum » General Discussion

Do you accept every friend request you receive?

• dankine schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jul. 2010, 12:11
    not even close

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities"
    "I don't want to believe, I want to know"

Auto Corrections Group
  • [spam]

[spam]

THE COLOUR OF INSANITY IS ORANGE ,HUP HOLLAND HUP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0BStdL8siY
    Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 9. Jan. 2013, 12:41
  • ^^^ LOL

think about it...
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jul. 2010, 14:26
    Yes.

Send me a friend request and you'll see. :)

• I'll add just about anyone that sends me a request, why the hell not? lol

I even do my best to try and reply to posts in my Shoutbox, but since I've recently had a "friend explosion", if you will, so its been hard to keep up. haha

I can always delete them or block them if they cause me problems later on. No biggie. And most of them have been pretty compatible so far. :D

• I've only gotten like 2 so far lol
    But yes, I accept them all.

• Benutzer
    • 7. Jul. 2010, 19:04
    It depends on what site I'm on. I tend to be the strictest on Facebook.
    On Last.fm, I accept everyone .

• I add everybody because if they're sending a request they've either come across your profile from a forum topic or a shout on a track you both listened to so you've got at least something in common.

• lilfrier schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 7. Jul. 2010, 23:28
    So far, I've accepted both I've gotten, but I typically don't accept them from those I have nothing in common with.

Bearbeitet von lilfrier am 8. Jul. 2010, 9:28
    • awlen schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 8:59
    I accept every friend request I receive. Why not, right?

• jakulik schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 9:17
    yeah

if people actually friend requested me

ever

^-^

i want to eat your artichoke heart
  • I have a heap of pending requests, I've only added the cool motherfuckers.

MourningFall
    • xMP44x schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 14:05
    I accept all the Friend Requests I get, due to the fact I add people as well. If someone has similar musical tastes to me I almost always add them. Then again, due to the fact I haven't that many friends on the site, that would explain why I'm prone to accepting all the ones I receive. I noticed that other people seem to add those who have similar musical tastes to them.

• Deus_X_M schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 17:17
    jakulik said:
    yeah

if people actually friend requested me

ever

^-^

Damn, that's so.........lonely-sounding.....
    I'll send ya an addy to make you feel better :)

Happy-Few said...
    Why smlie humans?
    Perhaps from the problem is the escape route.Perhaps this nothingness.Who knows?
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 17:54
    I accept friend requests, If I see that they don't talk to me or send me music recommendations I delete them over time...

• lilfrier schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 21:01
    I will have to change it to a no because I got some weirdo sending me one today, and I had to decline it.

• Benutzer
    • 8. Jul. 2010, 21:26
    RevolverSoul said:
    I add everybody because if they're sending a request they've either come across your profile from a forum topic or a shout on a track you both listened to so you've got at least something in common.

They're more than likely just clicking on every profile they come across, regardless of what you have in common, and adding enough users to make it look like they're popular when people see how many friends they have. Or they're trying to promote their music by adding every user they see.

• fifii_ said:
    It depends on what site I'm on. I tend to be the strictest on Facebook.
    On Last.fm, I accept everyone .

Yeah, depends on the site. On Lastfm, I generally add anyone who adds me because while I'm very interested in being social on the site, I'm more interested in more music. I see someone else adding me as making it more convenient for me to stalk them, musically :)

But it is much more rewarding if we have similar interests/tastes in music *shrugs* Especially on other sites. If you don't say ANYTHING to me and it's apparent we have NOTHING in common then I probably won't add you or, if I already have, I will likely delete you.

Or yeah. If you're just a weirdo or trying to incessantly promote something to me, etc, etc...

• serotone9 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2010, 1:47
    I usually don't see any reason not to, unlessit's obvious band spam. It doesn't hurt anything to have more friends in your list. Plus I use the firefox fire.fm extension a lot (a GREAT extension) and it makes it really easy to listen to their library - just select it from the list. I like being exposed to lots of different music, and that's a great way to hear new music and learn about someone's musical taste.

• Sometimes send friend requests based on muic compatibility. Accept most friend requests, because I usually just take them as more opportunities to talk about music.

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind.
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2010, 3:57
    I'm going to get more friends than CrybKeeper.

• dopeyslowpoke said:
    I'm going to get more friends than CrybKeeper.

Not if I do, first! Or... like... I guess you could. But you'd be second!

• Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2010, 6:16
    I tend to accept them (if they're not agressively spamming or selling!). I'm not bothered about music compatability, because... you never know. You might hear something in their library you wouldn't have otherwise heard (I'll give almost anything a go).
    Ironically, I hardly ever send a friend request (too much rejection, sniff) ;)

• fledgehog schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Jul. 2010, 15:57
    I do. on here, and all other sites (including facebook, which everyone tells me is a horrible idea but i could care less). i'm just far too lazy to filter through them, usually i don't even look at the names/usernames. i don't know who several of my last.fm friends are.

EDIT:
    if someone ended up being a creep pedophile mass-murderer stalker who sent me repeated invitations to join them at the mall, i'd probably unfriend them. i have no reservations about doing that. also i wouldn't accept a friend request from my most recent ex.

I CAN BELIEVABLE
  • You know, I was thinking about this today and, what do you know, here's a thread about it.

I was thinking about it because I think I have become something I don't like since I joined Last FM - the friend whore.

I just send out random requests to people who seem to have the same tastes as me and hope they accept.

But then I thought - hang on, what if they think it is all a bit creepy getting some random (word Lady SOV) friend request from some dude they have never heard from?

I have gotten a couple of randoms myself and just added but now I'm thinking about re-booting and starting again.

I'd hate to be a hypocrite (thanks Lush).

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”

"You may not be interested in The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table, but The Ancient (Dis)Order of the Last FM Platinum Round Table is interested in you." - Leon Trotsky.
Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.