Forum » General Discussion

Last CD you bought

• Phoenixme schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jun. 2010, 20:27
    Phosphorescent - Aw Come Aw Wry

Last night I was flipping through cd's at Half Price Books, which usually sucks unless you love the Garth Brooks and Limp Bizkit, when I saw Phosphorescent and my heart was filled with blood. I bought it and my heart has been filled with blood ever since.

..... but we can still be friends.

Irony.

Join The Best Group ever!!!
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jun. 2010, 20:48
    Separated by Birth by Vermillion Lies, if I recall correctly.

• Benutzer
    • 21. Jun. 2010, 20:49
    Darkthrone - F.O.A.D.
    Darkthrone - Frostland Tapes 3xCD

Thank you play.com sale.

• .mayms
    www.formspring.me/maymers
    @mediocreMayme
    • yogalyla schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Jun. 2010, 23:57

"I'm hoping that you won't burn out, or fade away..." - Our Lady Peace

Yoga is for everyone
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Jun. 2010, 11:02

Fever Ray by Fever Ray

Special Edition CD & DVD

• Benutzer
    • 23. Jun. 2010, 11:56

I bought 2 at the same time :D

• Grathius schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jun. 2010, 10:14

• lwdreamer schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jun. 2010, 15:14
    Jordyn Shellhart - In A Room

• Last time I bought:

Behemoth's Evangelion
    Opeth's The Roundhouse Tapes

Next time, Demigod.

oi du
    • Odessius schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Jun. 2010, 15:57
    Karilo13 said:
    Hi Leah

I miss you. :( You were a legend, man.

As for me, I don't buy CD's anymore, I stopped when I was like 10-11yo. My reason is, once you buy a CD you own it for life, it accumulates a lot of space eventually and after importing the tracks to your computer (or mp3/4 device) it just sits on your shelf and collects dust. After all, it's not like you take it with you to places unlike in the 90's because now we have iPod and other portable devices that are quite convenient.

Nonetheless, a CD only costs $5-15 but that money does add up, that being said, downloading tracks is [BY FAR] a much easier thing to do, along with the album work. Instead of wasting $5-15 on a CD which by the end of the month will add up for $40-60, I would just much rather buy weed and listen to the music I downloaded, that is my preference of choice, of course many people out there choose not to smoke bud.

I've also noticed that once you buy enough CD's you have to go out and buy something to store all those CD's, either you drop the Jew-hammer and get those $5 CD pocket folder, or you go big and buy those CD racks.

But, to answer your question, the last CD I bought was the first album from Gorillaz when I was 12-13 (around that).

mature yourself,,,,,realism
    • GORB schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jun. 2010, 3:44
    your reasons suck

may as well not buy books or movies or furniture or groceries, since they all take up space

• Last CD I bought

Sarah McLachlan

• topMID schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jun. 2010, 7:10
    today i bought:

Crystal Castles - Crystal Castles II

Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi

• ACMutd schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jun. 2010, 8:24

Finally got Crystal Castle ii today

• Ilyala schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 25. Jun. 2010, 9:15
    Odessius said:
    Karilo13 said:
    Hi Leah

I miss you. :( You were a legend, man.

As for me, I don't buy CD's anymore, I stopped when I was like 10-11yo. My reason is, once you buy a CD you own it for life, it accumulates a lot of space eventually and after importing the tracks to your computer (or mp3/4 device) it just sits on your shelf and collects dust. After all, it's not like you take it with you to places unlike in the 90's because now we have iPod and other portable devices that are quite convenient.

Nonetheless, a CD only costs $5-15 but that money does add up, that being said, downloading tracks is [BY FAR] a much easier thing to do, along with the album work. Instead of wasting $5-15 on a CD which by the end of the month will add up for $40-60, I would just much rather buy weed and listen to the music I downloaded, that is my preference of choice, of course many people out there choose not to smoke bud.

I've also noticed that once you buy enough CD's you have to go out and buy something to store all those CD's, either you drop the Jew-hammer and get those $5 CD pocket folder, or you go big and buy those CD racks.

But, to answer your question, the last CD I bought was the first album from Gorillaz when I was 12-13 (around that).

However you can't piss neighbours off as easily using MP3 files. Playing a CD with half-decent speakers do piss off neighbours. And pissing people off is fun =D

Someone should make a Twilight mod for Castlevania! Wouldn't it be awesome to kill Edward Cullen instead of Dracula?

• tj44 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Jun. 2010, 15:59
    My last CD was We Were Exploding Anyway. Yay!

Odessius said:
    Nonetheless, a CD only costs $5-15 but that money does add up, that being said, downloading tracks is [BY FAR] a much easier thing to do. Instead of wasting $5-15 on a CD which by the end of the month will add up for $40-60
    Your reasons are naive.

Downloading might be easier, but buying a pre-owned CDs is the best way of buying music based on price, and variety including older releases and original masterings.

And check out www.exitahead.co.uk for easy searching music on ebay.

Even if buying a new CD from a record store is more expensive than buying a download, the option to resell it when you no longer listen to it can more than offset that gap. Much more productive than sitting it on your shelf to collect dust.

now we have iPod and other portable devices that are quite convenient.The question was about buying music, not listening. Whether I buy music on CD or download has no effect on how I listen to that music: I use an mp3 player while running and burn a disposable CDR for listening in the car.

• Benutzer
    • 26. Jun. 2010, 16:11
    Odessius said:

Spending money on cannabis rather than a CD seems like such a foolish decision. Your money bought you an hour or two of pleasure and then it's gone forever.

• Ilyala schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jun. 2010, 5:59

Someone should make a Twilight mod for Castlevania! Wouldn't it be awesome to kill Edward Cullen instead of Dracula?
    • GORB schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jun. 2010, 15:29
    Zeller - Turbulences
    Lucidstatic - Symbiont Underground
    Totakeke - On the First of November
    Anklebiter - I Will Wait
    Mika Goedrijk - Looking-Glass World

• sdgrandia schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jun. 2010, 16:26
    Scorpions Lovedrive Vinyl

• Ljrules95 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Jun. 2010, 21:58
    I'm not much of a fan of buying CD's, as downloading isn't as costly, and it's easier to obtain. But the latest CD I've purchased is Deep Blue by Parkway Drive.

• Sakahmoto schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 28. Jun. 2010, 0:54
    Amnesiac by Radiohead
    Showbiz by Muse

Better late than never, right?

• Demon Days by Gorillaz

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.