Forum » Last.fm Client Support

iPod scrobbling problem (iTunes plug-in 3.0.4)

 
  • I plugged in my iPod Shuffle (not automatic syncing)
    Waited for Last.fm to tell me it's ready for iPod scrobble
    Then syncronised my iTunes
    Then Last.fm popped up saying he found and showed to files to scrobble.
    I pressed scrobble, and it worked.

    iTunes 10 and one of the lastest iPodscrobblers

    • XRayLexx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Nov. 2010, 20:45
    Do we know if a mod is looking into fixing this?
    Is it effecting all Lastfm users? or just a "lucky" few?

    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 29. Nov. 2010, 23:47
    A lucky few -__-

    • crmx3103 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Nov. 2010, 14:58
    XRayLexx さんの発言:
    mark_mark_mark said:
    XRayLexx said:
    The workaround is to just let it go through its preperation every time you start iTunes. Ones its done its preperation you can sync as normal. Shame it takes about 5 minutes to prepare each time you launch iTunes.
    Lastfm, fix it please.


    Explain in detail. Please.



    1. Start iTunes.
    2. You should get a message from Lastfm in the bottom right saying lastfm is preparing itself for scrobbling
    3. After a few minutes you will get another message in the bottom right saying it is now set up for scrobbling.
    4. Now plug in your iPod and let it scrobble as normal.

    As long as you wait for it to "prepare" your scrobble should be fine.
    You'll have to repeat this next time you start up iTunes


    THANK YOU!!

  • crmx3103 said:
    XRayLexx さんの発言:
    mark_mark_mark said:
    XRayLexx said:
    The workaround is to just let it go through its preperation every time you start iTunes. Ones its done its preperation you can sync as normal. Shame it takes about 5 minutes to prepare each time you launch iTunes.
    Lastfm, fix it please.


    Explain in detail. Please.



    1. Start iTunes.
    2. You should get a message from Lastfm in the bottom right saying lastfm is preparing itself for scrobbling
    3. After a few minutes you will get another message in the bottom right saying it is now set up for scrobbling.
    4. Now plug in your iPod and let it scrobble as normal.

    As long as you wait for it to "prepare" your scrobble should be fine.
    You'll have to repeat this next time you start up iTunes


    THANK YOU!!


    Tried this.. No luck so far...

    • r33hab schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 30. Nov. 2010, 19:15
    I havent had too much of a problem with scrobbling my tracks. only that every time it statrs on my Mac my CPU shoots to 80-100% for the time it takes to prepare.

    • sniffer8 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Dez. 2010, 0:12
    Even after waiting for the "now ready for scrobbling" before connecting, my tracks mostly don't scrobble. Going into diagnostics and manually scrobbling the ipod doesn't work, either. Any chance of anyone from Last.fm posting to say they're aware of the problem and working on a fix?

    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Dez. 2010, 0:27
    Suddenly as of this evening, I can't scrobble any more =^(.

    I downloaded the latest everything after the last thread. I'm still on iOS4.1, but everything else is the latest version. Scrobbling worked until tonight.

    Edit: Actually, the past few days I did notice that it didn't seem to be getting *everything*-- my scrobble lists looked too short-- but I was always rushing out the door and didn't have time to check more carefully. Tonight, I've got about 75 plays since my last synch, but none of them will scrobble.

    • XRayLexx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 1. Dez. 2010, 7:39
    What would happen if I uninstalled Lastfm and then re-installed?
    Would this mess stuff up?

  • XRayLexx said:
    What would happen if I uninstalled Lastfm and then re-installed?
    Would this mess stuff up?


    I also treid re-installing. It didn't mess stuff up, but it still won't scrobble from my iPod either.

    I rock.
  • cheeseontaoist said:
    crmx3103 said:
    XRayLexx さんの発言:
    mark_mark_mark said:
    XRayLexx said:
    The workaround is to just let it go through its preperation every time you start iTunes. Ones its done its preperation you can sync as normal. Shame it takes about 5 minutes to prepare each time you launch iTunes.
    Lastfm, fix it please.


    Explain in detail. Please.



    1. Start iTunes.
    2. You should get a message from Lastfm in the bottom right saying lastfm is preparing itself for scrobbling
    3. After a few minutes you will get another message in the bottom right saying it is now set up for scrobbling.
    4. Now plug in your iPod and let it scrobble as normal.

    As long as you wait for it to "prepare" your scrobble should be fine.
    You'll have to repeat this next time you start up iTunes


    THANK YOU!!


    Tried this.. No luck so far...


    me neither.

    • EtherBoy schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 12:56
    I'm on windows 7 and using the latest versions of itunes and the itunes scrobbler. Itunes will scrobble fine, but it just won't scrobble my ipod plays. I've tried installing previous versions to no avail.

    • Maj-Maj schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 15:24
    My iPod is suddenly scrobbling again (but maybe just for this time). It takes some time, but after I synched most of the tracks showed up (but I missed alot) and I was able to scrobble. For example, I've already listened almost 275 times to The Hives, but Last.FM is showing only 180 plays.
    However, some tracks are scrobbled 4 times (or more than once at least) and are all showing the same time (check out my profile)...

    • HammerDod schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 16:17
    It works now fine for me. Anyone else?

    • XRayLexx schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 21:41
    Nope. Still only working if I leave it to prepare for 5 minutes everytime I start iTunes

  • I used to have a problem scrobbling my iPod after iTunes and last.fm were already started up, but it would scrobble everything if I plugged in my iPod and let it automatically open iTunes and last.fm.

    Now it does this. So I can't let it automatically open, but it won't scrobble if I plug it in after.

    • Haakjvork schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 22:08
    After 2 weeks of problems, my iPod has back to scrobble. What I do was (about 1 week of agony and experiments):

    1. Destroy Ping, or at least disable it.
    2. Reinstall iTunes (Downgrade but later go back to current version)
    3. Reinstall LastFm (Downgrade but later go back to current version)
    4. Restore my iPod <-- The main point

    I think that restore it must be enough, or at least it was for me.
    Good luck people !!!

    • Ldannyweb schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 22:28
    only scrobbling some of my songs....i listened to tear 8 times..nothing.

    • Sebo-Fan schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 2. Dez. 2010, 22:45
    Eh, my iPod doesn't sync automatically, and I check if it has imported the "play counts file" before I sync it manually. After I sync it, the play counts are imported to iTunes, but the last.fm popup that has the list of the songs to scrobble rarely ever pops up now. That's really starting to get on my nerves..

    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Dez. 2010, 11:20
    It seems to be scrobbling again, but didn't get everything. November 30th has vanished into the aether =^(

    • koerich schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Dez. 2010, 23:22
    The only reason why I got back to last.fm was the possibility of scrobbling iPod plays, but now I'm having all sorts of problems with it. I can't find any reasons to keep my last.fm account active if this won't be fixed.

  • I turned ping off and waited 10 minutes to be sure...it worked! Just sucks I lost so many scrobbles before I saw this forum. I hope this helps someone :)

    • b-radhole schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 4. Dez. 2010, 5:02
    Just putting my words in that the same problems are happening here. Cmon last fm crew. Please fix this. It's destroying me. :(

  • Somehow it seems to be working again. I haven't changed anything since it stopped working.. Scobbling seems to take an age but so far looking ok...

    • Silo_D schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Dez. 2010, 14:57
    Changing from automatic syncing to manual and back worked for me. It scrobbled only 8 songs though. :/

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.