Forum » In the News

Bahrain protesters clash with police ahead of Grand Prix

• [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 22. Apr. 2012, 11:25

Bahrain protesters clash with police ahead of Grand Prix

RTÉ News

Renewed clashes broke out in Bahrain overnight between hundreds of anti-government protesters and police only hours before the Gulf nation stages a Formula One race....

Demonstrators also called for the release of prominent Shiite activist Abdulhadi al-Khawaja, on hunger strike since early February and whose deteriorating health has raised fears he may die in prison.

In a message posted on micro-blogging website Twitter, Bahrain's interior ministry said that Mr Khawaja was in "good health" and would meet Denmark's ambassador today".

Mr Khawaja is a dual citizen of Bahrain and Denmark....

Read More: http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0422/new-clashes-in-bahrain-ahead-of-grand-prix.html

F1 are either too blind to see the Bahrain elite are using the grand prix to legitimise their own regime (not likely) or apathetic to the plight of the Bahrain people in the face of the brute force of the ruling elite.

Too much money and prestige involved I guess

• lawynd schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 23. Apr. 2012, 18:22
    The latter - Bernie and the FIA couldn't give a shit if the protesters were being rounded up and gassed, as long as someone pays them a wedge. Fuckers.

Official recorder of Schrödinger's Tampon.

Quote of the moment - "They tried to get me to eat haggis but I couldn't stomach it."
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Apr. 2012, 0:48
    They might have a point when they criticise the belated criticisms to host the Grand Prix, only a week before it began

I personally didn't hear any minister or MP talk of it until a week away and it's been known it'll happen for quite some time.

But still, it's unbelievable they held this while people were dying, injured and mourning for victims of state violence.

There's a guy on hunger strike because his government imprisoned him for disagreeing with their mandate to rule. It's surreal.

I wonder how the Queen inviting their Monarch to her gaff will go down with the public and the media here when it happens.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.